Steam About publishing to steam

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by 06mca06, Nov 19, 2018.

1. 06mca06

06mca06 Member

Hi,
    I provided the path to sdk (latest version) in platform settings, checked the enable steam box and entered the steam app id in the Steam ID field. But when I run my game in gms 2, it still doesn't connect to steam( there is no notification coming, when I press tab+shift steam overlay doesn't appear). Obviously there is something wrong here but I couldn't figure it out. I did all of the mentioned above correctly but maybe I am missing something. Also, of course I could be doing the things I mentioned above wrong so I am fully open to any suggestions. Thanks.

2. 06mca06

06mca06 Member

Alright, I figured it out. If your gms 2 is purchased from steam, it doesn't work. Probably it is because when you open gms 2 it also connects to steam. Solution is simple: Just go to your YoYo account and download the non-steam version of gms 2. Also I think this is a very serious issue and how YoYo Games couldn't notice it is just unbelievable. I hope someone authorized sees this because this is a very important error and none of the websites on the internet mentions it.

melerski likes this.