• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Able to export 1.4 trial projects to a paid Game Maker 2?

J

Jac Thiebeau (Cyberhroom)

Can anyone tell me if I can export a project created in trial Game Maker 1.4 to a paid version of Game Maker 2? I am developing my first game to be a Pong x Breakout clone and found it easier to get it started in 1.4 than 2 (stuff like bouncing off objects and such) and even planning on submitting it for a congressional app challenge my school is apart of. Almost done with the gameplay and getting ready to export it to 2 when I pay for my license next week but it would really suck if for some reason I couldn't export it.

Thanks in advance!

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
GMS 2 can import projects made with GMS 1.4, just not vice versa. There are significant incompatibilities going from GMS 1.4 to 2.x, so save some time for testing and don't do it last minute.

J

Jac Thiebeau (Cyberhroom)

Thanks, and yeah it ain't due till the 15th of October so I got like 11 days to test it.