• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows [Abandoned]Apocalypse Later

G

GameBorgs

Apocalypse later is a platformer I developed but abandoned. It was the first "big" game I made. I stopped work on it around October 2015. Looking back on it, it's actually pretty fun. I just got in too deep thinking it would make jillions of dollars on steam. I went back and played it for the first time in a year. It's got bugs from being old and being compiled for the first time in a year, but it's fun. I did a lot of stuff with the game, water physics, controller support, item attachments.

The idea behind it is the apocalypse is happening and you try to escape the earth on a space ship before it happens. A lot of the ideas/artwork I used in my mobile game.

One thing I was proud of is it has controller support with the ability to remap the controls. I've only tested with a 360 controller.It has a basic inventory system but It doesn't really do anything.

I was working on character attachments and got decent results but I've since bought Spine which is much easier to work with.

There is a debug portal at the beginning of the the game with a bunch of doors that teleport throughout the game. Though, I would try and play the game normally first.

It's complete in the sense that it has a beginning middle and end. I spent a year of my life on it so I figured I would share it and maybe a couple people might get some enjoyment out of it. I found a lot of stuff that I forgot about. Like penguins in a ufo with teleporters.

Controls

You can re map all of this in the config menu but here are the defaults
Keyboard
Movement-wasd
Jump-space
melee-E
Shift lets you aim the gun, press F to shoot while aiming.
up=action

Controller
left bumper-inventory
right bumper- aim gun
movement-dpad
jump-A
melee-X
shoot-B
up-action

10.13.2016 - 20.58.33.15.png
10.13.2016 - 20.59.07.22.png 10.13.2016 - 21.00.06.27.png 10.13.2016 - 21.04.30.39.png 10.13.2016 - 21.01.01.34.png

Zip--84 mb Google Drive
Installer--90mb Google Drive
Stand Alone--71 mb Google Drive