Team Request A work in progress

V

VinnNo

This is my first post on here, so I'm not too sure what the expectations are so here goes!

I do not have a lot of experience in game design but I do have a history of coding. I started a project with rpg maker and quickly learned that was NOT what I wanted to work with. I switched to unity but I have no interest in 3D games and it was proving difficult for me to work a 3D engine to do a 2D game, even though I've seen some great 2D games from unity. After that I found myself with GameMaker. While it was a transition, I've had an incredibly easy time adjusting. I've been tinkering with it for almost two years now and workflow has been amazing, given the little time I have for it.

The game I'm making is intended to be a platforming "metroidvania". By that I mean, I love the level obstacles of mario and the action-packedness of megaman and have tried to capture that. The mechanics are getting pretty close to what I want, though it is still very buggy and could use some "smoothing out". I have a bad habit of getting something working and moving onto the next thing before it's perfect. Tweaks drive me crazy and I'm not the best at it. I am also not the best animator/artist either but I love doing it!

Here is the last level I was working on last, so you can get an idea of how it looks/feels.
NOTE:The enemies are relics from the start of the project and they are based on pixel sprites by DogChicken. But they are placeholders for those enemy-types. Also, this is the first video I've ever put on youtube. The game runs at 60fps but the video looks like 30 @.@
Video:

I guess what I'm looking for is a coder that has some free time on their hands to clean up my mess :p
I would prefer someone who would be willing to do more than just a few edits and could potentially be a partner throughout development, so I could focus on the artsy stuff, storyline and level layouts. I have a world map, a storyline and a pretty overwhelming list of things to do; being able to divide that in any way would be pretty much boss!

I am probably not willing to pay, as I do this as a hobby(though I treat it more like a 2nd part-time job). However, I have the dream of carrying it to a steam launch, so if we get there, surely we'll be dividing up the profits! So, if any of this sounds like something you are interested in, then we should be talking!

Thanks for Reading!

A

Aaron Kendrick

Hello there! Looks like an amazing project your working on. Love the art!
I am a programmer that is super busy, so unfortunately I cant fulfill you needs as far as dedicated partner / programmer. However, if you ever want some coding help from me, id be happy to lend a hand here and there.
https://discord.gg/utn4wrp

V

VinnNo

Thanks, Aaron! I will probably take you up on that... You have been warned! :p