A word on forum attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sybok

Really? My work would probably perform an official feasibility study and spend several millions in tax payers money to find out the answer that question. 🤣

Edit: Damn, there I go again. Made a joke assuming we are all friends here. Stop it, me...

G

gelboy

I don't think any kind of freedom is violated if people are pointing out someone being rude.

If anything it does the opposite. Calling out toxicity is how you maintain a healthy atmosphere. There can be problems yes, but its deffo better than letting hell break loose.

and IMO its pretty easy to detect if people are acting in bad faith or not.

GMWolf

aka fel666
So when you read a post from me saying "What did the manual say?" It can be taken two ways.

Friendly - "Hey my best friend of twenty years, pick up the manual and find out yourself, you goose".
Arrogant - "You are not worthy of my answer. Now get lost and come back when you educate yourself".
I don't think anyone here minds this kind of response. It's an alright response actually.
This topic is more about responses that out right call the OP ignorant, lazy etc, in a very rude and snappy tone.

What I meant by being at an impasse is simple: we seem to have fundamentally different values. But in the end it's the values the forums hold that should be respected.

S

Sybok

@GMWolf, it was more the OP's response and tone thereafter (and ever since) which made me figure they interpreted it the wrong way. It did actually earn them a permanent residency on the 'blocked' list.

As many have said here. It's a two way street.

GMWolf

aka fel666
@GMWolf, it was more the OP's response and tone thereafter (and ever since) which made me figure they interpreted it the wrong way. It did actually earn them a permanent residency on the 'blocked' list.

As many have said here. It's a two way street.
(I don't know what topic you are talking about so I'll go off what was said here)
Well yeah. Whatever, that's part of communicating online I guess. That's inevitable, and not what I think this topic was originally about.

HayManMarc

Wow. It took me forever, but I read through this entire thread.

C'mon, you buncha nerds! (Laughing and pointing) How hard is it to be nice? I mean, look at how nice this post is. It's fantastic. It's a perfect, fantastic, nice post.

You buncha pomegranates.

If you REALLY want to be rude, just totally ignore that stupid rookie's post and don't even comment. That'll show 'em!

Seriously, tho, jokes aside, I must agree with the sentiment of the OP, although I haven't experienced too much negativity in these forums ever, tbh. Some heated debates here and there, but those are either mutually supported by the posters or shut down for getting out of hand. Normal people stuff, IMO. (The mod crew do a phenomenal job, bravo!)

The elitist crowd can ride their high horses all they want, but I for one can see their ugly character loud and clear. They certainly are not invisible as their arrogance and self-importance won't allow it. It would seem I'm not alone in being able to spot them.

Luckily, there are a lot of people here who will answer a beginner question politely, even after the mullet-brain spewed their rudeness. The best is when they point out the rudeness of the previous poster when they give their answer.

It doesn't take a degree in psychotherapy and human behavior to understand that being nice, polite, respectful, and caring only helps all involved. I'm no poster child for politeness by any stretch, but at least I get it and I try to be respectful.

It baffles me that some people defend rudeness. (Buncha watermelons.)

Last edited:

tetris_mess

I'm going to go through and read everything that has been posted since yesterday. For now, just to reiterate because here is the solution:

Saffeine said: 'can we learn to say no the right way'. I said: What is difficult to complicate is also very hard to grasp fully?

Saffeine's real concern is that bad practices are being reinforced. The above are two expressions that can be fully grasped, with a certain degree of difficulty(depending on the individual), that pertains to the constants in someone else's life.

Because the two expressions aren't a constant in my life I don't need to assess @saffeine, and this is the reason for a statement coinciding with how assumptions are based.

So the dialogue continues naturally in a state of free and individual expression, and the constants in people's lives don't change, but the natural order to them does, so a person adapts to different situations.
There is a natural limit on expression to be an individual.

The complexity that applies in the circumstances of any tech help or advice, is where a complex way of everything keeping simple is existential.

So let's try this again:

Occasionally there are times where a faction will be "stirred up". People will turn their backs on each other explicitly when that was implicit in their design. Presuming that everything in their design imposes a futile effort in every area of a person's life; that is what hurts others the most. Rigorous chains of logic, seeing nothing but bad results, when the outcome is always expected, but projected into our lives as an unexpected outcome, there is still a common basis; there was always a common basis.

A really eye-opening moment for them, is when people see that they are very troubled, all the support they need isn't available, but professionals still show them compassion. There is nothing supporting their passion anymore, and that wildfire in their mind dwindles, while they are still supported enough that they can play a supportive role with everything in their life that is still in motion. It should then be implicit, that a person would learn to play an active role again, if something like their communication style was suffering, or they had some other problems with behavior.

This activity all occurs within the scope of the following rules:

Limits are always placed without restriction on individuals naturally.

Nonjudgmental limits are a set of behaviors contained materially and classified as modest/immodest

Rules are only broken so they can be erased.

These are The Axioms of Behavior

Last edited:

tetris_mess

I didn't expect you to go deeper than you were pointed to your own intellect, but what you said is all addressed, about just needing to learn decency. It is all within the scope of the text that isn't scripted at all.

Posh Indie

That Guy
I didn't expect you to go deeper than you were pointed to your own intellect, but what you said is all addressed, about just needing to learn decency, it is all within the text that isn't scripted at all.
I am going to risk crossing the line I so carefully ride here...

Calm down Confucius. We don't need to reference a Philosophy book to say, "Hey. Let's try not to be jerks."

I accept any warning I receive on account of this message, and if it is deemed I get removed from the community for a bit, I accept. Just give me notice and let me say one last thing before I go.

C

Catastrophe

"Courtesy, generosity, honesty, persistence, and kindness. If you are courteous, you will not be disrespected; if you are generous, you will gain everything. If you are honest, people will rely on you. If you are persistent you will get results " -Confucious

Even confucious was succinct ;)

tetris_mess

Dude, it is maths, with, I know you guys are just messing with more, or misery loves company, and men try to use me as a scapegoat saying I'm just controlling and unemotional, knowing that isn't what women want. Well, that's a lot of pressure on women. You are all at your level and I'm at mine, with my real concerns not being addressed. Look at the formulas, if you even know maths.

Posh Indie

That Guy
Dude, it is maths, with, I know you guys are just messing with more, or misery loves company, and men try to use me as a scapegoat saying I'm just controlling and unemotional, knowing that isn't what women want. Well, that's a lot of pressure on women. You are all at your level and I'm at mine, with my real concerns not being addressed. Look at the formulas, if you even know maths.
That was the craziest jump to conclusions I have ever seen in my life. Also, extremely tangential.

If it makes you feel any better, I still think you're an okay homosapien.

S

Sybok

Not only that. With the respectful responses from the OP, we are more likely to offer respectful help. Still a two way street.

Granted, that dude is making some pretty fundamental mistakes, but he now understands this and even agrees with it.

You can't always lead a horse to water, but I feel in that case we have had a win. His responses and respect may have just changed his life, who knows?

MissingNo.

With the respectful responses from the OP, we are more likely to offer respectful help. Still a two way street.
Exactly, there is a time and a place for harshness. If the asker instead was to decide to disregard everything said, then a harsh and more blunt response would be warranted.

That's the power of friendship!

Last edited:

Fanatrick

Yeah that thread seems to show with respectful responses the asker is more likely to listen to the responders advice. The asker now understands that they should take baby steps and go over
the manual more and follow some tutorials.

And everyone lives happily ever after.
Such response is the norm though, not the exception - while it feels like that specific asker is the diamond in the roughest rough lately. If everyone was this accepting of their shortcomings this thread wouldn't really exist. Sometimes it seems people would rather perish to praise than be saved by criticism.

saffeine

i have a couple minutes before i have to get ready for a day of work but i just wanted to chip in real quick.
it's completely relevant to the original post which is a huge relief given the rapid decline lmao.

twisty was actually one of the first members i helped since making this account, and i'm really glad i chose to.
i offered advice in what i assume is a now-deleted thread, and twisty pmed me to ask if i had further advice for getting into programming because they'd been trying to understand it for hours and just couldn't figure it out.
i gave a lot of advice that i think put them on the right path and in the right mindset to give it a try and ask for help only after trying to resolve it on their own, and by the looks of it they took that away and acted on it.
i'm kind of glad their recent thread was linked here because i think i would have missed an 'update' on where they currently are, and honestly i can't really say i'm disappointed that they came back with a 'silly' mistake.
they found a place to start, found that it was probably a bit too difficult, and accepted that other people were advising them to take a few steps back before trying again, which is so important for beginners.
none of the responses were condescending in any way, just at worst a blunt reminder that programming isn't some kind of magic that will always just work without diligence.
in fairness though, i think in that thread twisty was almost on the verge of a huge breakthrough for a new beginner. sure the code was sloppy, but i could have definitely seen it working.
i wouldn't be surprised if they're eager to come back in the near future with a lot more understanding as a result.

twisty is absolutely a diamond in the roughest rough lately, but the same could be said for the responses to the thread too.
those responses might be the norm, but they weren't very evident in the good handful of threads i'd been reading over prior to starting this one. maybe it was just a rough time for morals.
ultimately, it's nice to be assured that people are willing to treat each other with this patience, even if there was a little bit of a decline recently.

Last edited:

MissingNo.

Such response is the norm though, not the exception
I agree, but I don't think anyone in this thread made the claim that most responders aren't respectful. In a few posts I explicitly stated that most are really helpful.
Me and Nocturne also mentioned a couple times that while we do agree with the sentiments in this thread we don't think this is a massive issue as the VAST majority of responders do a great job.

Heck even from my own personal experience posting in the programming thread, I don't recall ever being belittled or disrespected. I seen worse on the old GMC forum.

S

Sybok

I agree, but I don't think anyone in this thread made the claim that most responders aren't respectful. In a few posts I explicitly stated that most are really helpful.
Me and Nocturne also mentioned a couple times that while we do agree with the sentiments in this thread we don't think this is a massive issue as the VAST majority of responders do a great job.

Heck even from my own personal experience posting in the programming thread, I don't recall ever being belittled or disrespected. I seen worse on the old GMC forum.

Obviously Saffeine begs to differ, otherwise the thread wouldn't exist.

i feel as though members of the community are developing some real nasty attitudes towards others, and it's disheartening to see. this is more so in regards to the 'please help' threads. new gamemaker users are barely given a palpable response unless it's laced with bigotry, elitism, needless criticism, or just some other form of response that serves as anything but an answer to their questions

saffeine

most is the keyword in missingno's post here. i simply said members in the original post, i think the vast majority of people are actually incredibly helpful and respectful, but i think it was far more beneficial to leave the scope rather vague.
after all, if you never specify a person or group, you prompt everyone to question their behaviour and consider if there's room for improvement, which some people have done in this thread.
if i narrowed it down too much, we'd never hear the neutral opinions which i think were really interesting to discuss along the way.

saffeine

absolutely, but people have said that sometimes they feel as though the reports aren't effective enough, or that somehow they skirt around the guidelines to evade the punishment.
i myself don't know how true that is, and i fully agree that we should be reporting people who break rules or treat people awfully.
we still shouldn't just use the report button as a means to nudge people in the right direction. human decency isn't something moderators should be given the responsibility of enforcing, we should reserve reports for actual offences against the guidelines.

it isn't necessarily a key one or two that do it either. some people here have said that they find themselves at that breaking point eventually, but otherwise like to take a civil approach.
near everyone has the capacity to be needlessly mean once they hit that point, sometimes we just need to remember that we don't have to act on it.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I should point out that new users, especially those who have maybe never been on a forum before, don't even know what the report button is or what it's for. This means that we rely on third party reports a lot of the time, and this in turn relies on the fact that other members have actually seen the post in question and feel strongly enough to report it. So, yeah, reporting is the best way to deal with it, but it's not the most obvious or common thing due to these factors.

tetris_mess

@everyone: The report button isn't to put anyone on the spot and anyone in their place. It could be, but it is mostly there to be a method that is used in a controlling way. We all don't see who is put on the spot and some people have unconvential methods -those methods are closing. It's not like this is a competition button.

Posh Indie

That Guy
@everyone: The report button isn't to put anyone on the spot and anyone in their place. It could be, but it is mostly there to be a method that is used in a controlling way. We all don't see who is put on the spot and some people have unconvential methods -those methods are closing. It's not like this is a competition button.
Reported. I'm winning.

(Sent a "Like" your way to show this was in jest)

S

SSJCoder

Haven't read all the posts, but I guess since it's not closed yet and I happened to be doing a check on the GMC (weird timing right), I will post my thoughts on the issue. I'm not really a member of this community, so don't take me as one (I'm an outsider)

I want to agree with @saffeine about younger people on the platform, and I think it's very disrespectful to treat younger people like trash because they happen to be ignorant, foolish and sometimes even arrogant. If you respectfully call out their behaviour I can respect that, but I hope you don't just start trashing them like you're a 5 yr old having a fit.

Sure if they are arrogant towards you, you can be rude, but it's better off if you be more mature and just leave the post, reporting them to a moderator if you feel necessary. Of course, not everyone has this mindset, and that's understandable.

I want to also talk about safe spaces, some people have mentioned them, and I think that if you don't have a safe space you will alienate all the young people who are using YYG Forums, I think this could be a slippery slope though, because if you cater too much to them the veterans will probably get frustrated with all the "noobiness" ..

Not saying I have a solution, but I hope the veterans can at least be more tolerant and recognize that this software is not marketed for the elite, in fact, the opposite is true. I also hope moderators keep reminding veterans to be kind, in a respectful manner, lest they should get out of hand and start outright trashing people. (people that are too logical tend to lack in the "ethics" department, so sometimes you gotta remind them that this forum is meant to be supportive towards creators and is not a "IM BETTER THAN U" / "GIT GUD SCRUB" space)

I'm glad that @Nocturne understands that veterans are also part of the community, and I also want to say that while I respect you veterans, you should also be respectful towards those that are new and inexperienced, and support them - otherwise it's better off if you just don't reply, you will only do harm that way. (and yes, people will be upset if you start treating them like that)

While I am not part of this community, I wish that everyone can learn to cooperate, and be kind towards each other, understanding each other's differences. If you are a rude person I hope that you will someday learn better and supportive ways, but I understand that some people have gone into the darker side of life.

I hope people reading this post will have a little bit of insight and something to think about, and be more inspired to be positive towards others, and I also hope some people who are more rough on the edges will at least consider replying less to posts that are too "fragile" and they feel the need to call out for being made by a "rookie".

~~ PEACE

Z

zendraw

Haven't read all the posts, but I guess since it's not closed yet and I happened to be doing a check on the GMC (weird timing right), I will post my thoughts on the issue. I'm not really a member of this community, so don't take me as one (I'm an outsider)

I want to agree with @saffeine about younger people on the platform, and I think it's very disrespectful to treat younger people like trash because they happen to be ignorant, foolish and sometimes even arrogant. If you respectfully call out their behaviour I can respect that, but I hope you don't just start trashing them like you're a 5 yr old having a fit.

Sure if they are arrogant towards you, you can be rude, but it's better off if you be more mature and just leave the post, reporting them to a moderator if you feel necessary. Of course, not everyone has this mindset, and that's understandable.

I want to also talk about safe spaces, some people have mentioned them, and I think that if you don't have a safe space you will alienate all the young people who are using YYG Forums, I think this could be a slippery slope though, because if you cater too much to them the veterans will probably get frustrated with all the "noobiness" ..

Not saying I have a solution, but I hope the veterans can at least be more tolerant and recognize that this software is not marketed for the elite, in fact, the opposite is true. I also hope moderators keep reminding veterans to be kind, in a respectful manner, lest they should get out of hand and start outright trashing people. (people that are too logical tend to lack in the "ethics" department, so sometimes you gotta remind them that this forum is meant to be supportive towards creators and is not a "IM BETTER THAN U" / "GIT GUD SCRUB" space)

I'm glad that @Nocturne understands that veterans are also part of the community, and I also want to say that while I respect you veterans, you should also be respectful towards those that are new and inexperienced, and support them - otherwise it's better off if you just don't reply, you will only do harm that way. (and yes, people will be upset if you start treating them like that)

While I am not part of this community, I wish that everyone can learn to cooperate, and be kind towards each other, understanding each other's differences. If you are a rude person I hope that you will someday learn better and supportive ways, but I understand that some people have gone into the darker side of life.

I hope people reading this post will have a little bit of insight and something to think about, and be more inspired to be positive towards others, and I also hope some people who are more rough on the edges will at least consider replying less to posts that are too "fragile" and they feel the need to call out for being made by a "rookie".

~~ PEACE
well you definetly arent from this communitie, afaik no1 is trashing kids here, atleast i havent seen such a thing happening, the issue here is elitism, where "veterans" act high and mighty with the noobs telling them to read the manual and such.
also its funny, you say dont be rude but still report them? what for? revenge? arrogance and ignorance arent somthing you punish people for. nor is there any sense in reporting that...
and what do u mean about safe spaces? safe spaces for what? criminals need a safe space, perverts, and such degenerates. i think most people here talk for the sake of it. for my 5-7 years here i havent seen actual trolls or spammers or whatever, just noobs, elitists, pro wanabes and such not harmful characters.
there is no real problem for any insight to come.

if your sitting on a rock, and there is a tree infront of you that your not sure how to climb to the top. you wont get any insight about it.
but if a pack of mad dogs are on your tail, youll not just get an insight, you will climb the tree before you analyze this insight.

there are no mad dogs here, only the rock the tree and you and your illusions.

S

SSJCoder

also its funny, you say dont be rude but still report them? what for? revenge? arrogance and ignorance arent somthing you punish people for. nor is there any sense in reporting that...
As I have said, report if you feel necessary. If you don't think there's any sense in reporting something then simply don't.

and what do u mean about safe spaces? safe spaces for what? criminals need a safe space, perverts, and such degenerates
If you think it's ok to be rude, then people need a safe space from you. No sane person wants someone constantly being rude to them for no reason, and if you are being rude without a valid reason then you should be reported, so a moderator can respectfully tell you to be more constructive, and if you repeat the offense, you should get a warning/ban for harassment.

i think most people here talk for the sake of it. for my 5-7 years here i havent seen actual trolls or spammers or whatever, just noobs, elitists, pro wanabes and such not harmful characters.
there is no real problem for any insight to come.
yes it does harm if you are being rude and cause an argument rather than trying to help someone solve a problem, that's doing harm to the person who is trying to accomplish something. If you're trying to prevent someone rather than help, that's harmful by default, like trying to push someone off the road so they fall into a river.

if your sitting on a rock, and there is a tree infront of you that your not sure how to climb to the top. you wont get any insight about it.
but if a pack of mad dogs are on your tail, youll not just get an insight, you will climb the tree before you analyze this insight.

there are no mad dogs here, only the rock the tree and you and your illusions.
There are no mad dogs, you're right, but there most certainly are certain characters that have, as Nocturne has said, caused new members to altogether leave the community because of rude and unhelpful members, which is the opposite of what the moderators want this forum to be.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
yes it does harm if you are being rude and cause an argument rather than trying to help someone solve a problem, that's doing harm to the person who is trying to accomplish something. If you're trying to prevent someone rather than help, that's harmful by default, like trying to push someone off the road so they fall into a river.
I would like to modify this metaphor slightly and suggest it's more like pushing a bus full of people into the river, rather than a single car, since it's not just one person that is necessarily affected, but the entire forum potentially... other people see these posts and could either be a) put off from participating, or b) left to think that this kind of behavour is okay and so do the same, thus propagating and expanding the belief that it's okay to be rude.

There is a reason why common sayings become idioms... it's because they're generally true-isms, so here's one for you: It only needs one bad apple to spoil the barrel. ;)

S

Sybok

the issue here is elitism, where "veterans" act high and mighty with the noobs telling them to read the manual and such.
Honest question and not being disrespectful here. Do you personally feel like you are a noob at 1540 posts?

Do you think after 1540 posts that you may have learned that the manual is your number one best friend?

Chaser

I’ve been watching and reading this thread for a while now and it a fantastic example of everything that happens here on the forum, and every other forum online. Like everything in life there is a spectrum. Some will agree, some will argue, Some will be overly kind, some just won’t be kind.

First impressions count for a lot, but only if you care. If you want to be a grumpy old git, then be a grumpy old git, but be prepared to be known as the grumpy old git, you made your bed now lie in it. Don’t want to be a grumpy old git? What do you want to be known as? Polite person? Then be a polite person. Want respect? Then be respectful. Want to be known for rudeness? Then keep being rude.

Be what you want to be I say, treat people how you want to be treated. If you give respect you will get it back, be a dick, then well....... you get the picture.

It’s pretty simple, if you have got nothing nice/good to say then say nothing at all. Don’t like what’s being said? Don’t agree? Move on, don’t like the tv programme, change the channel. You dont have to engage with anyone, especially if you think there rude. Remember it’s not always what’s said, it’s how it’s said, and the same can be said about how it’s read.

Just take things with a pinch of salt and not to personally, that’s my outlook anyway. Your soon come to know who and what people are like and what to expect from them. :)

Niels

Yeah, I've noticed this, and I generally try my best to overlook when things happen, and it's happened to me in the past. Admittedly I asked for help on a subject that was pretty easy, and I was annoyed with myself for not realizing my mistake, but still ended up with a rather condescending reply questioning my programming ability and whether or not I was fit to make a game, as if that's even a thing.

I mostly put it down to the fact that we don't really know what's going on with people, different cultures can put things across in different ways, and often don't mean any harm, they're just very blunt and straight-forward when they put across their view. Sometimes it could be something along the lines of Autism, where that's just how they are, but we don't know them personally, and have no way of knowing that's their personality, we're all identical to each other on here, and we probably have a set standard of what we expect, so we don't make allowances for people that we might make in real life, if we knew the person. If you knew someone with a type of Autism for example, you might overlook certain behaviour because you know it's not easy for them to control it or they may not even realize it's upset someone, we don't have that benefit on here and might not overlook it so easily.

But that's just my thoughts on it, similar to Saffeine, try and give the benefit of the doubt as long as they're not *too* rude/nasty, we don't really know anything about each other at the end of the day.
Tbh I find the gamemaker community not half as bad as the other game engines communities :)
But I agree that gatekeeping/elitist attitude should not be a part of the gamemaker community

Z

zendraw

Honest question and not being disrespectful here. Do you personally feel like you are a noob at 1540 posts?

Do you think after 1540 posts that you may have learned that the manual is your number one best friend?
i have learned that it is best to make a topic on the forum, rude, not rude, elites, noobs, i dont care, there are a bunch who just talk to the point and i dont care much for the rest. with people you can go from a to b to c, maybe learn some new technique, this you cannot see in the manual. so yes i wuld advice even for stupid questions to ask people and discuss it with them rather then read some text that is as old as the bible.

Z

zendraw

As I have said, report if you feel necessary. If you don't think there's any sense in reporting something then simply don't.

If you think it's ok to be rude, then people need a safe space from you. No sane person wants someone constantly being rude to them for no reason, and if you are being rude without a valid reason then you should be reported, so a moderator can respectfully tell you to be more constructive, and if you repeat the offense, you should get a warning/ban for harassment.

There are no mad dogs, you're right, but there most certainly are certain characters that have, as Nocturne has said, caused new members to altogether leave the community because of rude and unhelpful members, which is the opposite of what the moderators want this forum to be.
again you talk for some superficial problem that i dont see in this forum, and i doubt anyone left here becouse of rude people, you cant keep everyone around, people arent cows. again you talk for the sake of talking, show me an example of a rude response to someone. from the forum. that was so rude that the person left the forum.

S

Sybok

with people you can go from a to b to c, maybe learn some new technique, this you cannot see in the manual.
Interesting you mention the manual. Do you feel that the manual should be the first point of reference before posting a question?

saffeine

again you talk for some superficial problem that i dont see in this forum, and i doubt anyone left here becouse of rude people, you cant keep everyone around, people arent cows. again you talk for the sake of talking, show me an example of a rude response to someone. from the forum. that was so rude that the person left the forum.
it's literally impossible to gauge how many people may have / may not have left due to a rude response.
there are plenty of accounts with < 5 posts that haven't been active in years, all of which have the potential to be one of those who may have left.
there are also plenty of accounts that haven't been made at all, which could also be attributed to the fact that they're not willing to get involved with a toxic community.

going back to your analogy about the tree.
if you're sitting on a rock, staring at a tree, you're right, you'll never climb it.
if you look at the tree and begin to question where you can realistically begin climbing, you'll at least make some progress.
if a pack of mad dogs are on your tail, you'll either be lucky enough to figure it out at a moment's notice, or suffer injuries because of it.
if somehow you survive, there's no way in hell you're travelling out to that rock and that tree ever again. your trauma wasn't worth the reward.

why can't we just be the supervising figures here, offer the tree in our yard as a practice, and teach people how to shift their centre of gravity to climb that tree the best they can in a safe environment?
the more knowledge we can wedge under their belt while providing them the space to practice it without risk of being ridiculed for it, the faster they'll learn, and the more eager they'll be to keep trying.

on another note, if you're offended by a thread of posts asking people to be nice, i don't really think you're in a position to tell those people it's wrong to be offended by someone being mean.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
and i doubt anyone left here becouse of rude people,
1589363065738.png

I will not show the reply that prompted this as I do not wish to call anyone out, but believe me, it was not at all nice and I'm in no way surprised this user wanted their account deleted. I can find more as - like I've stated previously - I've had at least 3 account deletion requests due to rude and offensive replies over the last 6 months, but I think that even one is too many...

Status
Not open for further replies.