• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

a way to draw text on the second viewport?

S

Stratos.la

i use a system of two viewports in one room to change tabs on the screen . If i put images on it they get displayed perfectly when i press another tab but i cant do that with text. any ideas?Basicaly the first viewport is bound to the background and a second smaller one acts like tabs that get changed. if i try draw gui event the text gets distorted and out of place. can i draw on viewport directly?

TheouAegis

Have you tried using view_current and the coordinates of the other camera in the room?

How did you display images? What did you do differently with the images that you didn't do with the text?

S

Stratos.la

i have set a room of 7600 width and 1080 height and made the background tiled horizontaly. i have one view that is the entire object (a book) and a smaller view inside the book that is just the pages . so in the tiled background image on the corresponding place i place images on the asset layer or objects in the intance layer. the camera[0] is still but by pressing buttons on the screen the second camera moves to the right to display the second,third etc page and its contents. with the room dimentions as they are the text gets squished, but if i change the room to a single 1920 x1080 its drawn fine