• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

A Very Simple Question, Needs An Answer ! For D.C

A

Abdullah Al Hori

screen_sol1.jpg

In GMS i know how to make this screen with it (Full Animation, effects, sounds, objects, etc) in a Timeline..

But ... What i don't know is :
How i can create These Sentences ( w/supporting many languages) in a box with a timeline & pressing Space can move the sentences to the next one .. it looks like making a "DYNAMIC CONVERSATION" but without options if you know what i mean .. please this is to important to me

Last edited by a moderator:
S

seanm

A string is just an array of characters.

Iterate through the array and draw the characters out individually.

S

Snail Man

To support many characters, I would have the game import all the conversation text from a text file; that way you can create new translations whenever you want, and just have the game pick the appropriate conversation file for its current language setting

A

Abdullah Al Hori

Moving to Programming. :)
yeah please that will be very helpful .. Thank YOU <3
A string is just an array of characters.

Iterate through the array and draw the characters out individually.
I don't get it ..
?
To support many characters, I would have the game import all the conversation text from a text file; that way you can create new translations whenever you want, and just have the game pick the appropriate conversation file for its current language setting
yeah but .. how can i make it ? like :
" if " i press "Space", " Moving to the next sentences ", with a changes in the characters sprite (in same pressing) like ( thinking pose ) or ( shouting pose )

S

Snail Man

Well you could put the text in an array, then have the controller draw text_array, then on the space bar event, do i += 1

A

Abdullah Al Hori

thank you about the languages, Now I have a full view of the matter