Demo A Vampire's Tale ( a "speedrun-friendly" game)

S

sOlaris38

Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since I started on this project, it was originally made just to learn the basics of the GML but I kept adding stuff from times to times.
And now that it has a good shape I wanted to share it even if it's not finished ( I kinda want to try something else for now so I'll probably stop developing it for now).

The game : a small platformer with basics controls, with a total of 10 levels and a gem to collect in each one.
Also, a time-attack for each level is available at some point in the game so people that like speedrunning games should like it, I made it as speedrun-friendly as I could.
Be aware that this game may be a little hard at first for those that are not used to platformer !

I'm waiting for any kind of criticism and hope you like it ! :)

jump 38.png slide 28.png
BigDoor 8.png Menu 15.png

the game is available on gamejolt : https://gamejolt.com/games/avampiretale/325417
Have fun ! - sOlaris38

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your game.

Very brutal difficulty :D
I got couple gems, but most of them seemed to require pixel perfect precision so i didnt really bother with them.
Kinda wished there would have been some checkpoints in some levels with all those arrows flying around.

vampire.png
I made it to this level.

Last edited:
S

sOlaris38

Hey, i tried your game.

Very brutal difficulty :D
I got couple gems, but most of them seemed to require pixel perfect precision so i didnt really bother with them.
Kinda wished there would have been some checkpoints in some levels with all those arrows flying around.

View attachment 29421
I made it to this level.
the game is indeed brutal ! I would agree that the pixel perfect jumps make it sometimes not rly good but since it was a short game might aswell make it hard. If I had to do it again I would make a more curved difficulty for sure. Gratz on making it to this level it's not easy at first and thx for the feedback :D

Yeah, I wasn't fond of the pixel-perfect jumps. I either ended up jumping way too early, or just falling right off the ledge. I feel like some ghost-jumping would go a long way in making the gameplay feel a lot better, especially if you're going to limit a lot of the jumping potential with overhead blocks. I couldn't bring myself to get passed the second level, mostly because I spent so much time trying to get the first gem (which I never did), and quickly gave up on the second gem due to the camera.