A typing boxing game

Didjargo

This is actually a very old idea of mine but I'm considering reviving it. Picture if you will: a first-person perspective boxing game (kind of like Punch-Out) where all of your moves are achieved via typing in prompted words and phrases.

An example of this mechanic is that you would see various words floating around the screen, fading in and out after a certain amount of time. Typing one out successfully will cause you to land a hit. The complexity of the word determining the power of the hit. When the opponent winds up to hit you, words will float around his fist. Choose one and successfully type it out within a time limit to react. The complexity of the word you chose determines if you block, dodge, or counter the hit.

When your opponent is staggering, you have a chance to knock him out with a combo of punches by typing out an on-screen phrase such as "momma said knock you out" or "time to take a nap". If you get knocked out, you have to get back up within a time limit by repeatedly typing an on-screen phrase like "get up" or "keep fighting".

That is all I have thought out. Does that sound interesting and is there anything you can think of that would be fun to add with that mechanic?