• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

A system that you close game and activates an event

M

Mikesurfy

I don't know anything about programming for now , but I wanted to study such a system, as in undertale , you close the game , back , and activates an event

A

Aura

Welcome to the GMC!

I haven't played Undertale, so... please describle what you want to do in detail instead of giving the instance of a game that not everybody would have played. What do you mean by "activating an event"?

M

Mikesurfy

Thank you!

[ SPOILER ALERT ] if someone is playing Undertale

Example : At the end of Genocide Run, a character talks about resetting the save , after you click the reset the game closes , and after opening, not back on the menu screen , show a black screen and after a while the character saying something like :
You returned .. etc.
And as if it had activated an event type
I don't know if you understood

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Does the game auto-run after being closed? Or does the player have to run it again? If the player has to run it again, then it's s imple thing to do... simply save out a value to the save file and then check it every time the game starts and act accordingly.

Reactions: Yal

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Indeed, Undertale uses external files to check everything (separate from the main save file).

N

Nexusrex

Actually, if i will do that (Like Yal and Noc said). I will use a variable to check. Or i will use external files.