Idea A swiping madness game

W

Whirlpoolio

Hey people of the forum!
Lately I have not been on as I've been busy editing videos and other stuff has happened. Let's get into my idea...

There are 4 'paths' made up of 4 blocks. They are stationed at NSWE (like a crosshair). You are in the middle with the paths all around you. Every 'step'/'move' a new enemy appears on the furthest away block of a path. Then the next step, all the current enemies move forward every step/move. You have to 'swipe' in the direction where the enemy is to kill them. If an enemy gets to you or 'completes' the path then you loose. Over time the time between each step gets shorter. You get the idea and it starts to get intense.

Is this a good game idea? I could add a spark of adventure later on in the release stage like a power up or special game modes. Any suggestions welcome!

Give your thoughts!

Thanks

N

nlolotte

Could work well, you'd need to pay attention to timing and ensure the curve for gameplay is balanced.

N

nlolotte

So you'd need to ensure levels don't go from super easy to super hard. being grid based this could be your biggest challenge as you only have so many spaces to work with. Will the enemies be moving on a grid or freely?

W

Whirlpoolio

So you'd need to ensure levels don't go from super easy to super hard. being grid based this could be your biggest challenge as you only have so many spaces to work with. Will the enemies be moving on a grid or freely?
On a grid and there won't be levels as such, just one continuous gameplay/level. I think I know how to snap the enemies to a grid

W

Whirlpoolio

I found an image that looks like my idea of what gameplay would look like! The energy bar is a idea I'm thinking about...(it gives you a item which makes u look cooler)Screenshot_20171210-200948.png

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Whirlpoolio

Bear in mind that this is just a picture, not the game and it is from other game. I haven't event started coding yet :/

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nlolotte

Bear in mind that this is just a picture, not the game. I haven't event started coding yet :/
Heck if you can make it look like that i'd probably download it. Looks like one of those games you can pick up for 5 minutes when you're waiting but hard to put down lol

hogwater

Lol. Did you really just post a screenshot of a released game and start pretending like you were going to develop it? Super gross.

W

Whirlpoolio

I did not know about this game. I have been making this idea with my brother. We do not play games but make them and make no effort to research them. We did not know this was a thing. I will still continue but try and make it different and have a new mode that I've been thinking about (campaign?)