A Slice of Wit

Changgi

This is a remake of Roytheshort's old humour topic, where the Trickster Forum started.
I decided to remake this cause I was looking for such a topic and it seems that one didn't exist, and Misu wanted me to make it too.

This is the thread where you share anything you come up with that's humourous/witty/funny. It could be in any form - a joke, a comic, a fanfiction, part of your conversation etc. As long as you made it, you could share it here.

Edit: Roy's Original Post:
Thought up an amusing one-liner? Post it here.
Made a funny image? Post it here.
Is it funny, but not large enough that is does not deserve a topic of its own and thus will never see light of day? Post it here!

A lot of people on this forum seem to have amusing things to say. But when it comes down to it, they can't really make a topic for one small joke they've come up with can they. And if they make a topic solely for their own comedy or webcomic (I'd noticed back at other-place-that-shall-not-be-mentioned we had a comic rush, where everyone wanted to show off their comics. We had about 10 topics.) they are under pressure to keep that up. So why not have a topic for people to post their funny moments (The good ones, hopefully.).

I'd like to make clear I didn't make this topic for the purpose of anyone typing "Funny images" into google and posting it back. We've all seen those. I want to see what you can come up with off the top of your own head.

Now, it would seem out of place for me to shove something here. So I'll just wait for the ball to get rolling before I post anything.

I'll start then:
draft_2.png
draft_3.png

Last edited:
G

gibberingmouther

i'd love to share some of the jokes from my game (The City of Scales) but i haven't finished it yet so i don't want to spoil it.

other than that i guess i just don't have a brain for jokes. :(

Changgi

i'd love to share some of the jokes from my game (The City of Scales) but i haven't finished it yet so i don't want to spoil it.

other than that i guess i just don't have a brain for jokes. :(
I kinda lost my brain for jokes since 5th Form when our class teacher banned gags. Been trying to pick back up. I'm somewhat succeeding. At least you made your own jokes in the game though so that's something.

M

Misu

If you want to look for funny posts, you can find them within most of Roytheshort's posts or my posts. Here is an example why:

Changgi

All I see is the text "[ IMG ]" with nothing else.

I was going to post the AIDS cuddles thing from the GMC discord, but I didn't make it, and there's a good chance people here know about it already since it's the GMC. Or maybe the discord isn't as populated as the GMC, I dunno.

S

SyntheticStorm9

Why did the GMCer post a comment,
answer:to get a like

TehPilot

I was sort of funny once. The one above is comparatively tame in a series not wholly acceptable for a public message board, but it gets the idea across.

Pilocomics, in its prime, sure was something.

Changgi

Designed a new Trickster logo (TricksTer as opposed to YoYoGames), wanted to make a new Trickster template, and feeling nostalgic, I made this. I doubt I'd make them regularly (could possibly even just be a one-time thing) but there's that. Since the old forums died, I might as well start giving info about the Trickster world that I had which I'm not sure if all of you noticed. "Regular" has been the normal name for members in the Trickster Forum, whereas Irregulars were a special group which, if I recall correctly, meant banned members. It's been so long now, I don't even remember... By the way, Shogi and Changgi were supposed to be 2 distinct members.

@TheUltimate @Law @roytheshort @Cantavanda @Aura @Lukasmah @chance
draft_1.png

Last edited:

Changgi

Today I made a Wiki for some of my stuff. It's pretty new so it's not ery populated with articles so far. Here's the article I wrote on Trickster Forum. Not only is seeing my old stuff a good trip down memory lane on the fun times we had in the old GMC, but also there were some established canons that were never actually explictly mentioned, that might not be immediately clear. I decided to put most that I remember, that are important, in the article.

Edit: it seems like the Games section is not visible in the Wiki.

Last edited:

Pfap

Dad:
What's your plan B.

Game developer:
Plan B?

Dad:
If your game doesn't take off...

Game developer:
Oh, well pan A was to become a Jedi... so...….

*awkward silence*

Bearman_18

Fruit Stand Deadbeat
I keep hearing about things like GMC comicified and trickster forum, but much as I'd like to read them, I cant track them down. Lol.

Changgi

I hosted most of my Trickster Forum comics on a site that got shut down without warning so most of my Trickster comics are lost. I had a video game interactive novel for my Trickster series out released on the Yoyogames Sandbox too, but it also got shut down, so now the only trace of Trickster is on Youtube and possibly any few comics remaining in the 1st GMC archive. The video is here (those were the days, there's some in-jokes in there like Nintendo Nightmare and the Duck Cult which have died since), although I'm not sure if it got muted or what.

Changgi

I only know Nintendo Nightmare as "that thing Insert Name Here keeps mentioning, that's a game that they didn't make". I don't really know anything else beyond that.

And Duck Cult was this mini project that Lawsome, Lukasmah, Roy, INH, I, and a few others coordinated in the old GMC. I for the most part was not too involved with it, but they basically had stories ("scriptures") written where they fake honouring the duck, posted duck pictures, ironically spammed duck (which explains the "you must not say duck" in the forum rules which I think currently became just "duck"), and set up this ficitious "rival cult" of the evil pickles that "engaged in war" with them. It was kinda fun.