Legacy GM a rogue sprite?

Mr Errorz

I have this sprite I want to delete from my proj,
when I Ctrl+Shift+F it, it returns no results, but when I try and delete it a message pops up:
"There are still 1 references to this resource, are you sure you want to delete it?"
Question is, how can I track down what is this 1 reference actually is?

samspade

I don't remember how good 1.4's search was. For example, does it catch instance and room creation code? On a practical level, it would take almost no time at all to run and crash the game which would be the fastest way to solve this problem. Then you might know why the search didn't find it as well. You could also try clearing the cache.

Mr Errorz

I don't remember how good 1.4's search was. For example, does it catch instance and room creation code? On a practical level, it would take almost no time at all to run and crash the game which would be the fastest way to solve this problem. Then you might know why the search didn't find it as well. You could also try clearing the cache.
I tried cleaning the cache, so that's not it.
I'm just thinking I might rename it, run the game and it won't crash, because the asset is not called for in the code.
So, I hoped there might be a way to track down the 1 reference in question.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
You can use an external code editor (Notepad++ will do) to search (Ctrl+Shift+F) all the project files for resource name (GMS1) or resource GUID (GMS2).

E

Edwin

You can use an external code editor (Notepad++ will do) to search (Ctrl+Shift+F) all the project files for resource name (GMS1) or resource GUID (GMS2).
This is very catchy actually. Is that possible to export every objects events and code inside them as one text file?