Legacy GM A question about views and smaller pixels

Hey,

I've been aware of that problem for a while but didn't care a lot. Though I just wanted to ask whats the problem right now.

Basicly, there are smaller pixels in my game, where it shouldn't, why is that happening even though I scale a perfect ratio.

View in Room 320x180
Port on Screen 1920x1080 //6 times of the view resolution
upload_2019-2-8_2-6-39.png
When I zoom in, in Paint //don't care that green arrows are different upload_2019-2-8_2-3-13.png

TheouAegis

Are you sure the window is even the dimensions you specified? It doesn't matter what you set the view and port to if the window will not fit the display. Check the values of display_get_width() and display_get_height().

TheouAegis

...Wait, I meant window_get_width and window_get_height. lol

If your game is in windowed mode (the default), the header bar takes up about 32 pixels, leaving 1048 pixels for the height. Check that.

Ches Rowe

@TheouAegis those functions either return 1920x1080 in Fullscreen mode and 1920x1061 in windowed mode. Whats next lol
If resolution is 1920x1061 in windowed mode, then it probably isn't scaling right. does this happen in fullscreen as well as windowed? Also are you making sure that the application surface is being sized properly?