• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

A Noir First Person Brawler-Shooter

Jase217

A little collaborative project I've been working on for a while, the aim is to create a first person shooter in GMS2 with a focus on melee combat paired with rare but powerful firearms. Set in a semi-futuristic world styled in 1930s film noir, where gangs rule the streets and a dying breed of hero fights in the name of vigilante justice. The game play has many influences, a bit of Duke 3D, a hint of Bioshock, a little Action DooM, Condemed, the list goes on. The important stuff we're trying to nail is, fast and fluid combat and non-linear levels, accompanied by an interesting setting and characters.

SCREENSHOTS

VIDEO
Here's a rough game play video posted by the awesome artist and designer I'm working with:
Give him a follow if you want to see more!

DEMO
We're hoping to get a public demo out to you guys soon-ish. But any feedback that can be given based on the video would also be awesome!

Last edited:

cgPixel

I've got instant XIII vibes in a positive sense (I know you are tackling a different art style).
Can't wait to get my hands on your demo.