• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

A movie that you always wanted to make a game out of?

H

HyperbipolART

Back in film school, I always thought of what novels and books I always wanted to bring to cinema.

But now that I've got GM:S I find myself asking a similar question, what books or movies would I want to make a game out of?

Here's mine-
Donnie Darko - movie
Guardians of Ga'Hoole - book and movie
Armageddon Summer - book
FEED - book

What about you?

Carnivius

Hm.
Ninja Scroll
RoboCop (oh wait I kinda am)
Predator
Superman (elements of all the Reeve films)
Evil Dead trilogy
if TV counts then Doctor Who, Robin of Sherwood (sorta am in a way) and the original ThunderCats

Probably others but it just feels mostly a case of never-gonna-happen and even if it did the projects run the risk of getting shut down for IP infringement or something.

D

Dr Sunnyside

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell- Book
Valhall- Comic Book

Both would make neat adventure games.

A

AlphaChannel

Forrest Gump the game.
I can see it now. And you can collect shrimp recipes.
Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

W

Wraithious

Grail and the ring.jpg The grail and the ring, actually idk if the movie ever got made but the book is amazing

Last edited by a moderator:

K12gamer

Honestly...I'm not a good enough programmer to make games based off movies.

If I did...they'd probably turn out like this...
upload_2016-9-21_19-56-45.png upload_2016-9-21_19-56-55.png

If I were good enough...I'd make games based off Bruce Lee movies...

G

Galladhan

A Hitchcock's movie.

Probably Rear Window. You would solve a crime spying from a window (lol).

Also The Birds, but Shinji Mikami already captured that feeling with the crows in the first Resident Evil.

Reactions: Roa
P

PTV

Wow, so many to pick from... I would love to make "redemtion games" for all the awful AWFUL games spawned from movie franchises as if they were relaunched on their respective times.

For example: A new Back to the Future 2D platformer with the looks and feels of the NES games but, you know, well made. Same goes for Terminator (I hated that game as a kid) or TMNT but something that I would REALLY want to do is a new Indiana Jones Point-and-Click adventure; kinda like IJ and The Fate of Atlantis but for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or Riders of the Lost Ark.