• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

A mindmap specific software

A

AnonyMouse

I spent much time to find a software which would help me to organize the plan of my game but can not find such. What I want is a kind of mindmap but when I click on object I could retrieve some information in a panel. Some software have such possibilities, for example one which allow "stickers" to the objects, but they are not moving with them. The mindmap is need to check the references (or I can draw them manually) but that with the info is complicated. I used a 2d app and put the info into layers but still it is not the best idea. Another variant is to make such thing with GMS, which is possible but not the most comfortable and fast thing. Does anybody know such an app? (For windows.)

A

AnonyMouse

Yes, there are many similar apps. But what I know is missing some important things, I can put only small information, and I want to put a lot of info, like a table column.
Something like that:
http://database.ctocio.com.cn/257/12120257.shtml
But exactly like that I can not find. Also usually there is not a chance to collapse the diagrams and they are becoming huge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dog Slobber

Consider Microsoft's OneNote.

I would suggest going to YouTube, searchong for MS OneNote and watch a few demos of its features.

A

AnonyMouse

Not exactly like that. These are mindmaps. The problem is they dont have info containers, you can see the relationship mainly but nothing more or it is very uncomfortable.
I need something like that - showing additional info on the right panel.
ueuewsheith.jpg

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff

That's F4 twice when a topic is selected. Changing topic focus changes the focus of the Notes panel as well.

There's also F3 which lets you stick text to the bottom of the topic, visible without having to click on the notes icon, hitting the hotkey or having the Notes panel open.

A "table" topic style is also available.

A

AnonyMouse

Heh, that is it! I think I tried that before but missed those features. Thank you!