GameMaker А few questions about Events in GMS2

U

User

I work with a many IDEs (VS2015, Qt, RAD) and languages (Pascal, C++, PHP, HTML).
And in all of this IDEs events are the same. But GMS2 is different.
So i have a few questions about Events in GMS2. And thanks in advance for the explanation...

1) Where can i read about all Events? I dont find information in manual (https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/)

2) Where is the "on mouse click" event? Left down+Right down is not click. Click event depends on OS settings.

3) What is Step event mean? What is Begin step and End step.

GMWolf

aka fel666
I work with a many IDEs (VS2015, Qt, RAD) and languages (Pascal, C++, PHP, HTML).
And in all of this IDEs events are the same. But GMS2 is different.
So i have a few questions about Events in GMS2. And thanks in advance for the explanation...

1) Where can i read about all Events? I dont find information in manual (https://docs.yoyogames.com/source/dadiospice/002_reference/)

2) Where is the "on mouse click" event? Left down+Right down is not click. Click event depends on OS settings.

3) What is Step event mean? What is Begin step and End step.
1) --
2) you cannot have it depend on os settings. You can only have left/right mouse pressed, down, or released.
The closest thing to what you are looking for is under gesture-> tap event.
This needs a fuul dow, release cycle of the left mouse button.

3) the step event fires every frame.
First the begin step event fires for all objects, then step, then end step. Once per frame.

U

User

you cannot have it depend on os settings
In windows 7. Control panel ->Mouse->Speed of double click.
You can do double click or do mouse down and mouse up action. Everything depends on time.
Try it with the folder. Double click open it and mouse down and mouse up action = rename folder action.

In RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin (for example) it will be OnClick action. And there is a OnMouseDown, OnMouseUp actions.
So OnMouseDown+OnMouseUp not the same as Mouse click.

is under gesture-> tap event
Yes it work like a Mouse click.

GMWolf

aka fel666
In windows 7. Control panel ->Mouse->Speed of double click.
You can do double click or do mouse down and mouse up action. Everything depends on time.
Try it with the folder. Double click open it and mouse down and mouse up action = rename folder action.

In RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin (for example) it will be OnClick action. And there is a OnMouseDown, OnMouseUp actions.
So OnMouseDown+OnMouseUp not the same as Mouse click.
Yes, but GM doesn't care. It deals with raw mouse input.
Yes it work like a Mouse click.
Yes, but again, does not depend on IS settings (AFAIK).
You have to set the delay yourself. ?can't remember the function name)