1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Mac OSX A faster way to add objects to rooms?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by jjettii, Dec 3, 2019.

1. jjettii

jjettii Member

Currently I'm dragging and dropping objects into my room one at a time. I'm assuming that there's a faster way to add objects, since some rooms could have dozens, if not hundreds of instances of an object.

Looking through the GameMaker 2 docs, I found the following:

"You can add more instances to a layer by opening up the resource tree and then dragging objects from there into the room, or alternatively you can select an instance from the resource tree and then press and hold [​IMG] to preview the resource "in-situ", and if you additionally click the left mouse button [​IMG] you can add the instance and even "paint" it into the room layer."
    But this doesn't seem to apply to Mac OSX users, as holding Alt drags the room view around. Any other suggestions to help speed up my workflow? This is a total noob question, and I thank any in advance who can look past my noobulence.

2. obscene

obscene Member

You can add instances to rooms via code at runtime of course. For example you might drag in large instances like buildings and trees, but have grass randomly placed in the room start event of a controller object.

3. Cofefe

Cofefe Member

I'm on Windows myself, but I might ask if you were in laptop mode. If so, make sure you are using the right alt button and not the left alt.

Binsk and Toque like this.
  4. IndianaBones

IndianaBones Member

On Mac, you hold down the Ctrl or Option key to get the same effect. I can't remember which one, just try them both out.