A Face & A Shape Test Alpha Version 2.1

A

Anonymous the Nothing

Hello GameMaker Community. For the past several months I have been working on a puzzle platformer project called A Face & A Shape, which before now has only been revealed to my close friends and I would like some feedback on it.

Slight Graphical Update:
Square.gif

There have been some slight tweaks to the previous player sprite, namely the face.
The Story:
The story, (which I haven't been able to implement into the alpha), starts off in a kindergarten classroom, where the lesson of that day is shapes. The teacher sketches a simple blue square, circle, rectangle, and triangle onto the whiteboard, and raises her voice to address the class, when a white robotic mask materializes in the center of the class room, (pictured here:AI.png, although it doesn't appear in the alpha), and trashes the school, and all human beings that were inside it seem to dissolve into thin air. As it turns out, the mask was powered by some sort of A.I., this A.I. also found it self in the blue square on the whiteboard.
Gameplay:
Untitled-1.gif

(Screenshot of the first scene)
The controls are rather simple. You use the left and right arrow keys to move in those directions, space to jump and some other controls that are explained in the game.
Planned & Unfinished Features:
  • Other playable shapes, such as a rectangle and triangle.
  • A crafting system to create new shapes and utilities.
Please give some feedback or criticism on any bugs or glitches you may encounter, ideas for things I could add, or ways I could incorporate thugs such as story and planned features. And one more thing: Thank you so much for playing this game.
Download:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo1qJvsIfAMU0FjS2hMbmpGVlk/view?usp=sharing
Changelog:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x707mkz9w6jjse0l19-W_e6jIVEqO5Z_oFBBtGySgs4/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Anonymous the Nothing

P.S. This is a test demo meant only to see how the game plays.

A

Anonymous the Nothing

A changelog has been added in order to keep track of this game's progress.