• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows A broadcast and receive system like Scratch.mit

T

timothyshaper

Hello,

It may sound silly, but if you've ever used Scratch by MIT, there is a system of creating "broadcasts" that allow anything receiving the broadcast to perform an action.

I'm trying to figure out how to make a system similar to the above mentioned.

I considered creating a script or even an invisible sprite which will contain all the global.variables I'll need for my game, that way I can call upon them from any place/time, thus treating them like broadcasts for other objects to receive.

Maybe I just don't understand GML well enough, so basically this thread is a discussion for creating a broadcast system or for discussing already-existing features similar to broadcast.

That being said, is there some other terminology used in this program that is already basically the same thing as broadcasting?

Thanks.