_Reboot / A-RPG project !

L

Lambda01

Hello, im starting to make a 2d action rpg, i want to make more of a story driven game. this not my first project, but its the first were i want to take time to polish it.

_Reboot

The game will go around 2 elements, the real world, and the Animabus.

*What i've already made

house compress.png warp compress.gif
The protagonist room, and a menu comming from the computer prototype.

inv.gif
The real menu, and the stats/equipment system, there is no inventory, so when you find a weapon/artefact etc.. you have to figure out what it does (stats menu can help) and make a choice to leave your actual equipment or no.

ezgif.com-resize (1).gif
Here is the special attack that consume Spirit Points (here at melee but it shoot a "sensor" and explode when an enemy is hit), when you take a hit and the normal attack.

dash compress.gif
And the dash for dodging and going faster in big area (there is no stamina the dash reset ~ every second).

*i've start to write the story before making a prototype, so thing might change, i will share my advancement on the game and the story

*What i plane to make
  • Shooting towers with complex bullet pattern (like a shmup but more slow)
  • When you find an item choose between equip or put in 3rd slot
  • Shop and stats amelioration by farming kind of "souls" (no XP and Lvl system)
  • More Items
  • Make NPC and dialog with scripts (and maybe choice depending on the story)
  • Producing assets (i suck at pixel art)
I will post some introduction for the story or a presentation later, i dont want to rush the scenario so i take my time to make a solid story.

Thank you for your attention !

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lambda01

End of the week-end and i've made some implementation !

A bullet shooter, you can reflect the bullet with an attack.
bullet reflect resize.gif

The base of the souls exchange system, monsters now have a chance to drop souls and you can collect them (sorry for the quality).
souls farming resize.gif

And finally a new monster ! He just goes faster and have more resistance to the knockback.
demon eye resize.gif

I've also made a plan with what i have done and what i have to make to be more efficient in the short time i got to make games.

I'd love to see your feels about this very early form !

L

Lambda01

Hey !

I've done some work this week.
-removed the bullet reflection (the mechanic doesnt really help and dont feel natural)
-Added Warping
-Light system
-Backgrounds and started to do my tileset
-Item selection box with stats comparaison
-Bug fix: sometimes when an ennemy hits you it get stunned for no reason.

E

ethian

Seems to have Undertale inspiration, especially in the bullet pattern concept, and soul part.

Please add to the game something that makes me go nuts!!! :p

L

Lambda01

Thank you for your response !

I've got some inspiration from undertale, even nier automata on some point, and all of my childhood RPGs.

I've got 2 transitions one with the square that i like (Overworld <--> Otherworld) and the black one (Overworld <--> Overworld / Otherworld <--> Otherworld).
But they might change, the black one is the just a placeholder and i can rework the square one since i didnt touch it in a long.

I will rework the ui to make it look better with the rest.

Next time i will post a little downloadable version.

Im still working on other otherworld features to see if its go well with the rest. And i've started thinking the overworld and what you can do.

L

Lambda01

Hello ! I've made some implementations on my game !

Bullet Hell type Bosses are here !

I've work on a new gameplay phase, BH bosses, these bosses are completly seperated from the "classics boss fights".
Later in the game you will unlock new shooting pattern/ability to clean the screen once in a fight/etc..

Im also Working on smoother transitions, Adding new Items/Equipment and The City map.