• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

8.1 standard won't run any games

K

Karlabos

Hi.

I dfidn't find a place for GM 8.1 standard tech support so I'm posting this here.

So I can open gamemeker and make my games but they won't run, not even in debug mode. The loading screen keeps loading and whenever I open the task manager it says it's not responding, so it keeps loading forever until I decide to close the game and return to gamemaker.
This applies to any game, even games I already made completely and were running before a long time ago, as well as new games with just a room and one single object

Any idea on why is this happening?

F

Facetious

What OS are you using? You should be aware that the GM 8.1 had difficulties running in windows 8 and 10, I believe, and maybe windows 7. Have you changed/upgraded your computer?

The reply I had with much the same problem was to BUY GM studio and you get GM studio 1.4 for free!!

However, you will find that some coding is obsoleted in GM 1.4 - but we are not told what replaces those obsolete actions. So, I spent the money and am having great difficulty in getting my game running. Admittedly, it is many years since I wrote the game and I can't remember what much of it was about.