• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

60 Zeconds [Arcade Style Zombie Shooter]

S

Samuel

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new to this forums so first of all, Hi!
Now second of all, the main reason why I am creating this thread is ofcourse because I am working on a game.
As the title of this thread states it is a relatively small arcade zombie shooter.
(Sorry for any grammar errors in advance as English is not my first language)
Why did I make this and still am?
I started working on this project about 3 months ago. After not beeing able to motivate myself for a huge project I forced myself to create a simple yet fun game (since I have only started gamedev 1 year ago and started working with gamemaker 6 months ago)

I see it as a sort of an assignment for myself, it's for me to gain more experience, learn more GML and GameMaker in general.

What do you do in this game?
The whole point of this game is to survive as long as possible and therefore not die :)
The two main mechanics are:
  • Timer (You start with 60 seconds of time at the start of a level, as the timer reaches 0 you'll die and you know.. Game Over.. The only way to prevent this is by shooting zombies wih gives you some extra time or pick up a powerup to gain more time)
  • The Zombies!(They'll chase you down and will try to kill you by eating away your healthbar, through shooting you will be able to kill them and they might drop a powerup, who knows?)
A quick and not so professional teaser to sho you what the gameplay is like.​

Besides shooting through tons of zombies you'll also be track your score and beat your own high-score.

The game is meant to be played whenever you are bored, ragefull or just waiting for that steam game to finally finish downloading :p

I think you have sort of an idea what the scope is:)

The screenshots may very from the final version of the game​
Release Date?
I am planning to release the game in a couple of weeks, as time goes on I might add more and more features to enjoy :D

So, tell me what you think of it, if you'd enjoy playing this or that you have ideas for improvement. I do appreciate all feedback!

Hope to see you all around!

Cheers,
Samuel