1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 504 Gateway timeout error

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by MagicLight, Sep 10, 2018.

1. MagicLight

MagicLight Member

Hi!
    For the last 30 minutes I tried to start GM and I get a 504 gateway timeout every time just after it displays "Loading custom languages...".

Question 1: I assume some YoYo server is down, is there any place I can check this or any information website about the state of whatever server that is needed ?

Question 2: I also assume that it is not possiblre to run GM when this happens, I know, it's pretty obvious but maybe some way around it ?

It's the first time it happened to me, so one time is no time, I hope this is not something that happen often.

2. radnom

radnom Member

I'm having the same problem. Very frustrating as I need GM for work. There should be an offline workaround for this situation.

3. Limekys

Limekys Member

I'm having the same problem. :(

4. rmanthorp

rmanthorp YoYo Games Staff Admin YYG Staff

Hey there, our web team are aware of the issue and currently investigating. Should hopefully have a fix soon.

Edit: this has now be addressed and fixed. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  5. Aaron Craig

Aaron Craig Member

I'm still receiving this error, but only when I attempt to open a second instance of GameMaker Studio 2. It holds on User Login and gives me that same exception.
    I've tried using different accounts for each instance of GMS, but it doesn't matter.
    Any idea what's causing this? I need two copies of GM open to be able to record tutorials and such.

6. MagicLight

MagicLight Member

Well, it starts now, but.... not sure if it's related in any way but GM freeze when I click on "Import" in the sprite editor, any chance this is related in some way ? I don't understand why it would access the network when I try ti import images but it worked before and does not work now (tried on multiple projects).

7. Dawn

Dawn Member

It is not fixed.

8. Octopus_Tophat

Octopus_Tophat Member

Not fixed for me and I'm sad