• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion (500) Internal Server Error

H

henshin1

Getting this constantly. Someone posted below that it just fixed for them, but i'm getting it consistently each time I try to start GMS2.

When I visit the yoyo games website, i click on the logon screen and it goes to a page that says

We're sorry, but something went wrong.

Please wait a few moments and try again.

If this problem persists, contact the helpdesk.

Is there any way of checking the server status? Is this just me? or is it happening to everyone? My internet connection appears to be fine. Just GMS2 is the only thing not working.

M

mudora55

Same. Great! I guess today I am going to sit here all day and do nothing :D

T

thentias

Server went down 2 minutes after I bought a copy .. Talk about timing .. I cant use it at all now either .. hopefully this gets fixed quickly.

B

BlueSlime

wtf i'm trying to test something and started gms2 and says the server is down??

Tony Brice

Same problem here. Correct login and password but GMS2 ain't starting unless it can call home. And it looks like everybody is out :-(

B

Bernd Wehmöller

Same for me. Not funny, i am sitting in the office on weekend to work ... and not able because the tool does not start ... and not because i dod not pay or i'm a fool, just because the tool needs a working server! Bad design at all!!!

M

Markih

Same situation here. Can't login to GMS 2 or web site. Also sent support ticket. There must be some tolerance built into GMS 2 to allow use of the software in situations such as these. Anti piracy measures are fine as long as they don't penalise the paying customer. This really is BAD.

N

natahem

Yeah, and what if I want to work on GM2 in a train or in a remote place without internet connection? I can't believe you cannot even open the program. (I can understand that you would need to be connected to compile the game or some things like that, to avoid piracy, but right now the limitation is a bit too extreme ^^)

M

Markih

It's just changed to Error 503 server unavailable in GMS 2. Maybe they have started rebooting the authentication servers!!!

M

Markih

Login to account on web site no longer giving error straight away (though it will probably time out), so hopefully something is happening, at least I hope it is.

B

Bernd Wehmöller

No i got a remote connection error (Bad Gateway) ... seems they are working on the issue ... what is good. And once it is solved, they need to work on a solution to enable us to work offline as well ... maybe i will never again shut the software down and only use sleep mode for my computer :)

M

Markih

It would be nice to have a service status message on their home page so at least in situations such as these you can see that there is an issue their end. I've had no response to my support request so either they do not have support manned at weekends or they are getting swamped.

Whatever the outcome an alternative way to use the software in situations like this must be provided. Even if it's just a daily password/token to allow registered users to continue using the product.

Now getting error 502 bad gateway same as other people.

Great I have to get a crack for something I paid for. I don't know why I bother. Yoyo if your listening you need to change the way your authentication works. If you absolutely have to do it this way make a tool like Microsoft KMS.

This culture of having to be on the internet to use your software is sickening. It's not just game maker, everyone works like this now.

It's bad, it's evil. STOP IT!

P.S when will this be resolved.

bluetrack

Gannot login either!!! :(

Paying customers shouldn't have to go through this constant online checking!!!!
Very disappointed!

Ruimm

this is very annoying... Was trying to work a bit while I took my daughter to her dance lesson. I ran to a café to work a bit and it won't start...
I often use GM outside of home, sometimes when I don't have wifi nearby. I'd like to be able to use GM when offline... :(

M

Markih

According to the Gamemaker Studio 2 FAQ page and I quote;

Does GameMaker Studio 2 require an internet connection?

When you first install GameMaker Studio 2 you will be required to have an internet connection to log into the product and download any additional runtimes. After that you can use the product offline, although you will be required to connect again every few weeks to verify the account using the product. Note, though, that by not being connected you will not be able to access various features like Account Management or the Marketplace, nor will you receive any updates to the IDE or the runtimes.

Obviously this is untrue, otherwise everyone would not be on here looking for a solution to why they cannot login to the software today. I have to agree with Daniel Mallett that this is evil and the only people suffering are paid up customers.

Ruimm

According to the Gamemaker Studio 2 FAQ page and I quote;

Does GameMaker Studio 2 require an internet connection?

When you first install GameMaker Studio 2 you will be required to have an internet connection to log into the product and download any additional runtimes. After that you can use the product offline, although you will be required to connect again every few weeks to verify the account using the product. Note, though, that by not being connected you will not be able to access various features like Account Management or the Marketplace, nor will you receive any updates to the IDE or the runtimes.

Obviously this is untrue, otherwise everyone would not be on here looking for a solution to why they cannot login to the software today. I have to agree with Daniel Mallett that this is evil and the only people suffering are paid up customers.
I have to login every single time I use GM:S2

chmod777

This could be worse, imagine if they have replaced all your project sprites by a skull sprite instead.

Oh wait.

M

Markih

LOGIN WORKING AGAIN!

Now all we need is an explanation and assurance it will never happen again.

D

Dawn

Not for me, still saying license is invalid. Then now it works.

Anyway, it's either "login once a month" is a god damn lie or somehow that got bugged because it's never supposed to happen.

M

Markih

Not for me, still saying license is invalid.
Try renaming the file um.json to something like um.json.bak which you will find in %APPDATA%\GameMakerStudio2 using Windows File Explorer (assuming you use Windows).

If that doesn't work for you then rename it back.

I found this suggested in the forum when someone couldn't login offline. Search community for "is offline mode working for you guys?" and you'll find it.

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/is-offline-mode-working-for-you-guys.33429/

W

WhisperingSpider

This is entirely unacceptable and there needs to be an official response on this. You can't put potentially obtrusive DRM in a product, lie about how it works to assure people this exact thing won't happen, and then do nothing when this exact thing happens.

Reactions: JAG
B

Bernd Wehmöller

For me it is working now. And i tried the "trick" with the json file ... seems to work. once i renamed it, i could start GM Studio 2 without internet connection. Nevertheless, this can not be the final solution, when checking the licence once a month and the servers are offline, there must be a way to enable working for your real customers.

N

natahem

it's working again for me too. I just hope they're going to solve this problem to allow user to work offline!

I find that if I have this problem, disabling the network adapter completely will let me use GMS 2 offline.

It's not ideal, but it may help some of you if you are still having problems.

M

mudora55

I think it works offline normally as stated, but server error is different I guess. Seriously, they want to improve the system for sure.

B

Bernd Wehmöller

Would be nice to get any information about this issue ... and how YoYo wants t deal with it in the future ...

F

Fool

https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...rketplace-when-i-try-and-buy-something.22041/https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/cant-log-into-gamemaker-local-machine-id-mismatch.45557/
..still hasn't been fixed, dealing with it now, this is the second time I've had to deal with it with no solution or reason why. Asset db missing and apparently wiped clean.

And on top of it post removed for being 'unhelpful'.
Simple censorship because some mod didn't like what I had to say and had their precious fee-fees hurt.

Congrats. You just did your employer out of $300-500 worth of sales. I'll find a company that doesn't silence it's critics when it f*cks up.