• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED -50% of score when u die

xNYARLx

Hello how to make -50% of score when u die? i can make to -1, - 10, etc. but this is very big problem for me... somebady help? i think this one line of code :/ only example i need

Its work but another problem, when i have

even numbers, that's all right. but if I have odd ones, there are problems because I divide 5 by 2.50
If you always want a real number you can use the round() function to round it to the nearest interger.

GML:
score = round(score/2);
Alternatively, you could use ceil() to always round up or floor() to always round down.

xNYARLx

Is the best i make this with round() bicouse when i good understand his a neutral - round up or down, yes?

Last edited:
Is the best i make this with Round() bicouse when i good understand his a neutral, make up or down.
I'm not sure that I understand your question.

I think you're asking if round() is the best choice because it will round up or down. If so - Yes, that's probably what I would do.