• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Portfolio - Programming Passionate GML Programmer for Hire!

Evoleo

Hi! I'm Evoleo and I've been making games in GMS2 for more than 3 years! I also have experience in Node.js and a bunch of other technologies

I enjoy everything related to programming (from algorithms to networking to front-end) and always make fun things in spare time!
I've participated in a dozen of jams, some of them I did solo, in others I was in a team.

Some of my works can be found here: evoleo.itch.io
And here: github.com/evolutionleo (you may have heard of my lib for OO-style arrays)

I made GM-Online-Framework, the feature-rich framework for multiplayer games made in GMS2 + Node.js!
https://github.com/evolutionleo/gm-online-framework

1639071256648.png

I'm really good at making platformers that feel good to play, but I know how to make topdown and even card games as well!

I'm learning new things pretty quickly, I taught myself all the basics of networking and server administration stuff from scratch in about a week to implement online functionality for "Robots" (custom levels and leaderboards).

I've also implemented a lot of different systems over the years, including: server-side physics, an inventory system, saving/loading (with complicated nested data structures), online leaderboards, level editor, metroidvania-style upgrades, simple enemy AI/pathfinding, random generation etc.

So, all in all, I really enjoy making games, coding and solving problems!
PM if you want me to work on your project! (contacts below)

Important: I am a high-school student, so unfortunately I will not be able to work full-time

Here are some screenshots/videos of my games:

Robots gameplay

Footage of one of my solo games, Deflection, made for 1-bit jam in 48 hours

Tree8.png
Chill little jam
game, made with a team for Ludum Dare

My current personal project. Initially made for gm(48) (the newest build can be found on my Discord server)

SlipperyIce-min.png
A silly Box2D penguin game

1600451034656.png
A physics-based game, where you suck people into blackholes

Contact me:
- Discord: Evoleo#0159 (best)
- Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @Evoleodev
- PM in YYG Forums (this account, might take a long time to respond)

Last edited: