Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

R

rougebare

Usually cops are nighttime abilities. Unless otherwise stated by your role that grants cop, assume it is a private nighttime activation, otherwise activate as the role says.

EDIT: It might be wise to ask Merc here in your pm.

Mercerenies

Rougebare has given amusudan the diamond. amusudan has been granted a one-shot alignment cop.
Rougebare dealt a card to Misu. Misu got a one-shot vigilante.

Both amusu's cop and Misu's vigilante can be used only at night.

Votals
Fel666 (2) - Roy, amusudan
Roy (1) - Fel666

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I don't feel it's in the best interests of town for it to be revealed what a triggered mark does.
No worries about that. I have the other half of the role. Being that Roy is one of my only stronger town reads, I feel comfortable revealing that information.

I'd also rather Shawn NOT share what the kick does if he knows. If roy IS town (I still beleive him to be town right now) i'd rather not make one of his roles useless.
As much as I dislike not talking about the role, I'll adhere to this. I would like to ask one thing though, Roy. Does this have like a time period or something? Or is it permanent?

Fel is coming off as very panicky to me, and that's kind of a pain, seeing as that can be read as a new player unsure of how to convince everyone, or a panicked mafia trying not to die. As much as I would not like the game to end so early, I am getting a strong scum read from Fel. I'll input more after more conversation has passed.

Last edited:

GMWolf

aka fel666
Well, anyone would sound panicky if they where accused of being mafia from a cop.
Both because they would leave the game (no fun), and because the only reason for a mafia to accuse someone like this was if they where about to win.
And the only reason for Roy to lie about me was if he was mafiosi, or 3P.

R

rougebare

Annoyingly, that's a part of the game, but dying doesn't always mean you lose the game. Canta can still win should the remaining Mafia succeed in their win condition.

As it stands, I'm going to propose something that might be a tad risky, but should cover either Fel or Roy being mafia.

Misu now has a one shot Vigilante, and there might also be another one about.

We could lynch one of them, then vigilante the other at night.

M

Misu

Annoyingly, that's a part of the game, but dying doesn't always mean you lose the game. Canta can still win should the remaining Mafia succeed in their win condition.

As it stands, I'm going to propose something that might be a tad risky, but should cover either Fel or Roy being mafia.

Misu now has a one shot Vigilante, and there might also be another one about.

We could lynch one of them, then vigilante the other at night.
That is a very risky plan... but I believe its an option Im willing to take... but before anything, I like to point out a few things...

Shawn probably is not mafia at all since he voted for Cantavanda to be lynched during Day 1 (second person to be exact) and remain with vote till the end. That would be a rare, risky move for a mafia to do on a first day. Roy also voted for Cantavanda but really late with low enthusiasm. Although if I am correct, he wanted Day 1 to end already and he asked to get it over with. During that moment, the votes were mostly on Cantavanda by 2. I wouldn't think Roy would be mafia by those standards since its sacrificing a mafia if he knew his actions very well. HOWEVER, if he says that he did cop Fel666, then it would mean that Fel666 is either mafia or 3P. This is because cop roles only show you a fragment of someone's role. That cant really reveal exactly if it is a mafia role or townie. But if Roy said what he saw,... then we might want to lynch Fel666 during this day phase and see if he is telling the truth.

- If Fel is mafia, townie wins.
- If Fel is 3P, then we need to analyze the roles Fel had to figure which seem mafiosi. If nothing seems compatible then Roy was lying.
- If Fel is townie, Roy was indeed lying and we shoot him.

So this is a risky plan but we get to know what happens and townie haves an opportunity to win in this case.

Anyway, vote: Fel666

R

rougebare

I gave roy an alignment cop with my card, not a rolecop. I know it's a risky plan, which is why I kinda want some feedback on it. I'm not going to hammer just yet, wanna let the impact of my suggestion have it's ripples.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Eh hell. I'm down with it. Speaking with experience, I can tell you that If Fel is mafia, he will not be able to kill anyone tonight. So i suggest for the sake of safety, we lynch Roy, and kill Fel at night.

Vote: Roy

Mercerenies

Votals
Fel666 (?) - Random People
Roy (?) - Random People, Shawn Basnett

As the day progressed on and Fel666 became a target, Shawn declared boldly "I think we should lynch Roy!" Without hesitancy, the royal guard marched out and placed Roy on the chopping block. That's right: Shawn Basnett is the dictator, and what he says goes! And so Roy was brought to the noose and hanged... until he slipped right out and ran away.

Day 2 is over. No one was lynched.
It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end on Wednesday, April 12.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Wait Roy slipped right out and ran?

@roytheshort how.

Also Shawn's a dictator all of a sudden?
Either Roy is immune or there is a random chance for either Roy, or anyone else to survive the lynching.

He did run indeed... Did not notice that first read through. *grabs pitchfork and readies to run after Roy*.

Mercerenies

Day 3

Bright and early the next morning, the town awoke to a rather amusing sight. rougebare was asleep in the middle of town, with some strange liquid poured on his head. In the distance, it was clear that rougebare's house was on fire, and on the front porch lay Fel666, with two bullet wounds in his chest.

rougebare's house is on fire. amusudan fended off an attack during the night. But none of that matters because...
Fel666 has died. He was the final mafia member.
Game over. Town wins.

(Full role list, etc. coming soon)

R

roytheshort

This was a perfect game for town, the only people that died were Mafia (one of them shot twice) and Rougebare's house got set on fire. You couldn't ask for a better game.

R

rougebare

Not often you get a mafia game where only mafia members die. I admit that Cantavanda's death was purely chance though. (one in three mind)

EDIT: I suppose someone graverobbed Canta's pryomancy XD

M

Misu

OMFG! First time I ever survived an entire mafia game and win! Wooooo!

This was a perfect game for town, the only people that died were Mafia (one of them shot twice) and Rougebare's house got set on fire. You couldn't ask for a better game.
Indeed, this was the best mafia game ever.
EDIT: I suppose someone graverobbed Canta's pryomancy XD
Yeah that was me. I wanted you to die so I tried burning you down.

R

rougebare

What is this vendetta against me Misu? DX

EDIT: And anyhow everyone knew what burning house would have meant, i were pretty townfirm, so i'm sure if the game had continued someone would have let me in.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Woo! Will there be another round?

Rouge, would've survived xD. I poured a potion on him.

I also shot Fel, as he was the marked player.

R

rougebare

We'll see why soon enough, i'm curious (although one of my roles (my favourite of the three, and no it wasn't the one i made that i also got.) was pretty much useless the way the game turned out, and the other i had no reason to use.

Mercerenies

So yeah. This game turned out to be a lot of bad luck for mafia. For one thing, Canta was killed on the first day (by a mostly luck-of-the-draw lynch, at that). The mafia actually didn't have a regular nightkill this game. The intention was that between Canta's Pyromaniac and Fel's Manipulator, they would get one kill each morning and possibly one each twilight. Unfortunately, Canta was killed, and Fel didn't get to use his ability at all, all thanks to... Roy... yeah. Roy kicked Shawn on Day 1, meaning Shawn couldn't do anything at night. Fel's Manipulator allows him to order another player to kill someone. He (by sheer bad luck) chose Shawn to do the killing, who was incapacitated by the kick. Then Roy kicked Fel on Day 2, so he couldn't issue any commands on Night 2. Really unlucky game for the mafia.

(E: Worth mentioning that, for the purposes of rouge's Steve role, I was counting Manipulator as the "standard" mafia kill. It never came into play, unfortunately.)

Role PMs
Shawn,
You are town-aligned. You are the potion selling rider with a gun.
* Potion Seller - Each night, you may pour magic potion over one player's head. That player cannot be killed during the current night or the following day. You may not target yourself with this, and you may not target the same player twice in a row with this. Oddly enough, your magic potion doesn't work on cats, but surely that won't come up, right?
* Shooter - During the day, there is a player who can mark other players. If they do so, during the subsequent night you may choose to shoot the marked player.
* Rider - You begin the game with a Hoverboard. As long as you have the Hoverboard, you cannot be killed except by lynching. If someone steals your Hoverboard, your vote counts double against that player.
Please confirm in the topic when you have gotten this. Let me know if you have any questions.

Roy,
You are town-aligned. You are the aiming cat with a dragon kick.
* Take Aim! - You may publicly mark a target once the day. There is a player who is the Shooter. If you mark a target, the Shooter can shoot that target during the subsequent night. You know for certain that the Shooter is a town-aligned player.
* Super Mega Dragon Kick - You've watched so much anime that you know karate somehow. Every day, you may publicly kick someone. The following night, any night actions that player performs will fail.
* 7-times Killed Cat - You are a cat. As such, you are lynchproof. If you are ever lynched, you lose this role instead of dying.
* sjdbkshvam'aojwef0pqamcfqbe0fqepfnwoubwejqehv0waebae! - At the start of Night 1, this role will be passed on to Shawn Basnett. They will be told that you gave them a role, but they will not be told what this role does. This role does not do anything.
Please confirm in the topic when you have gotten this. Let me know if you have any questions.

amusudan,
You are town-aligned. You are the hoarding sandman soldier.
* Hoarder - You have a bunch of junk in your trunk. Aside from the Bomb, you may give the items away freely during the day or the night. If you give the items away and they come back to you, they give you a one-shot role. Each item can only grant the role once.
- Diamond - You get a one-shot cop if this item returns to you.
- Balloon - You get a one-shot rolecop if this item returns to you.
- Soulstone - You get a one-shot doctor if this item returns to you.
- WMD - You get a one-shot vigilante (usable only at night) if this item returns to you.
- Bomb - You don't want to pass this around; it's too dangerous. If someone steals this item, it will explode at the end of the current day or night, killing them. It will be publicly announced that they exploded as the result of a bomb.
* Mr. Sandman - Each night, you may put a player to sleep. That player cannot do anything on the current night. This ability fails when used on cats, for cats do not sleep.
* Soldier - If a player shoots you during the night, you will disarm them and the shot will fail. At the start of the next day, it will be reported that that player attempted to shoot you.

Misu,
You are town-aligned. You are the graverobbing physicist who likes dictators.
* Graverobber - When a role is revealed after a player death, you may privately activate this ability and target a revealed role. You gain that revealed role. This ability can only be used once.
* Roulette Dictatorship - At night, you may declare Roulette Dictatorship by privately activating this role. A random player other than yourself will be chosen as the dictator, and they will not be told that they are the dictator. On the next day, other player votes will be tallied and listed like normal but will be ignored. If the dictator votes, the day will end immediately and the player they voted for will be lynched. You may only do this once, but if you do not activate this role before the game ends, you lose the game regardless of your win condition.
* Physicist - Like all physicists, you have a deep understanding of wormhole technology. If, on any night, multiple people are killed, you will use wormholes to travel back in time and figure out which one was the mafia's normal nightkill. If this happens, you will also be told which mafia member did the killing.

rougebare,
You are town-aligned. You are the net-wielding card sharp named Steve.
* Card Sharp - Once per day, you may deal a card to a player other than yourself. That player will be given a one-shot ability. If you choose to deal the card face-up, the ability will be revealed publicly. If you choose to deal the card face-down, the ability will be privately messaged to that player and not even you will know what it is.
* Net - Once per day, when a player performs a day activation but before the activation is resolved, you may declare "NOW LOOK AT THIS NET THAT I JUST FOUND! WHEN I SAY GO, BE READY TO THROW!" The activation is canceled and the player permanently loses the role that they were trying to activate, if any.
* Steve - You used to work with a blue dog in a magical house. Now you go to college. However, your intuitive desire to search for clues has not gone away. Each night, you will automatically go clue-hunting. If the mafia successfully performs a nightkill, you will be told who was responsible for doing the killing. However, there is a 50% chance that you will come to an incorrect conclusion and be given the name of a random player instead.

Cantavanda and Fel666,
You are the mafia. However, you do not have a standard nightkill and thus must use your roles to perform nightkills.

Cantavanda, you are the pyromaniacal erratic pickpocket.
* Pyromaniac - Each night, you must select a player and burn their house down. If you do not, then you will burn your own house down out of suppressed rage. A player whose house has been burnt down will die at the end of the next day unless they can find another player willing to let them live with them. Another player can invite the homeless player (as a day activation) into their house. These rules will be explained to the player when their house is burned.
* Pickpocket - Each night, you may pickpocket a player, stealing a random item that they have.
* Erratic - Your movements are very unpredictable. Investigations of you will always be redirected to a random target.

Fel666, you are the manipulative cat who raises misus.
* Manipulator - Each night, you may select a puppet player and a target player. Neither player can be yourself, and they must be distinct players. The puppet will be forced to kill the target that night and will not be informed that they have done so. The next morning, the target will be found dead with the puppet's fingerprints all over them. This action cannot be traced back to you.
* Cat - You must make a cat noise in every post you make on Day 1. If a player pets you (as a day activation), this curse is broken and you may speak freely.
* Misu Raiser - You raise Misus. Each night, you may give a Misu to a player. It will be publicly announced at the next day start that that player is feeling really lucky. On the subsequent night, that player will be told that they were attacked but managed to fend off the attacker (this is a fabrication, of course). On the following morning after that, a random player will have a knife in their back with the name of the "lucky" player on the hilt.

Actions
== Day 1 ==
Roy kicked Shawn, meaning he cannot perform night actions on Night 1.
Roy marked Misu.
Rougebare dealt Roy a face-up alignment cop card.
Shawn petted Fel666, breaking the feline curse.
Cantavanda was lynched.

== Night 1 ==
Fel666 attempts to puppet Shawn into killing Misu. Fails due to Roy's kick.
Fel666 gives a misu to amusudan.
Roy one-shot cops Fel666. Turns up mafia.
Roy's sjdbkshvam'aojwef0pqamcfqbe0fqepfnwoubwejqehv0waebae! role passes to Shawn.
Shawn tries to use potion on Rougebare, but fails due to Roy's kick.
Misu declares dictatorship. Shawn is the Dictator.
Misu claims Canta's Pyromaniac role.

== Day 2 ==
Roy kicked and marked Fel666.
amusudan gave rougebare a diamond.
rougebare gave back the diamond.
rougebare dealt a card to Misu face-up (vigilante).
Shawn (the dictator) lynched Roy.

== Night 2 ==
Fel666 tries to use Manipulator and Misu Raiser, but he was kicked.
Shawn dumps his potion on rougebare.
Shawn shoots Fel666, who has been marked.
Misu shoots Fel666 and burns down rougebare's house.

R

roytheshort

Mercerenies has said I can run the game, so here goes.

Send me a PM containing 3 roles or more.
I will corrupt the roles you make, making them worthless.
Then the game will begin.

M

Misu

I actually used my vigilante shot during night on Fel btw, I didnt knew someone else got a shot role and used it as well. Anyway it was great.

Mercerenies

I have role PMs from Shawn, Roy, and Rouge, and nobody has explicitly signed up in this topic. I take that to mean that only three people are interested in Round 4 so far. Please either shoot me a PM or sign up here if you want to play again.

Player List
* roytheshort
* Shawn Basnett
* rougebare