Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

GMWolf

aka fel666
Hang on, The rules state that over 1/2 of votes are needed to lynch. (so its not the Person with most vote, but person with over 1/2 votes). Does that mean its possible for no one to get lynched? or do we need to come to an agreement? (Previous games i have played the Game master would get us to agree before going the night).

Mercerenies

Voting Clarification

If a player accumulates four votes before the deadline, that player is lynched and the day ends immediately. If the deadline (Thursday, April 6, in this case) is reached before a majority is hit, the day ends and nobody is lynched.

(A lot of times, when you're playing Werewolf/Mafia in person, the town will have sufficient time to agree on a lynch. But I find that the deadline variant works better in online versions of the game.)

R

rougebare

Personally, despite saying earlier a Misu-lynch was tempting, I'm also inclined to see how the mark on him plays out, which requires him living into the night, likewise, I'd rather not throw away Roy's one-shot alignment cop, as he cannot use it if he dies before the night, and he's inclined to advocate a lynch on someone other than myself. I'd like to see how amusdan's claimed role plays out, I'm phrasing it like this simply as i don't want to reveal too much about it right now, as I suspect another of my roles is in the game. I can't say more without potentially causing inadvertent chaos.

Of the remaining three (Shawn, fel666 and Cantavanda) I don't really have a great pick.
Cantavanda is being short, consisice and mostly fluffy (not hugely relevant/useful info for those not knowing what 'fluff' refers to in mafia) posts, but that's rather consistant for what Cantavanda usually does.
fel666 is fairly obviously rather new at the game, so should be easier to catch out if he is mafia. (I mean no offense here)
Shawn is often very active in discussions, but is likely the most dangerous of the three if he is mafia. He's also potentially the most useful person to have around to bounce discussion off of, especially if he is town.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
He's also potentially the most useful person
Tell that to anyone else.

I do believe that a misu lynch really won't be that beneficial. For the same reasons that Ive stated before. I honestly don't have a great pick either. My list from earlier still stands. I'm hoping to hear more from amusudan, and maybe Misu and Roy. I'll be going offline soon today. (3:30 CST) So unless anything happens to upset the peace in the next 2ish hours, I may not have much more to say for the rest of today.

I would like to ask though, Roy, does the kick mean anything for me mechanically?

A

amusudan

I'm hoping to hear more from amusudan
What'd you like to hear?

I have a role, that requires another townie to be guaranteed to work, and it can grant me a cop, a role cop, a vigilante, and a doctor.

But first I need another townie otherwise I might not receive anything.

R

roytheshort

If I told you what the kick did you could avoid its affects, that is not my intention. Especially if you're Mafia.

R

rougebare

Well guys, it's crunch time, we need to decide who to lynch.

Like I said in my last post I don't feel like there is a good choice, but of the three i outlined, I'd have to go with Cantavanda. I don't have any strong reads in either direction on anyone. My second choice would be fel, and then Shawn. My thoughts are still unchanged by the activity between my last two posts.

For now at least, I'm going to Vote:Cantavanda

GMWolf

aka fel666
In want to hear more from Roy and misu.
Roy has been very quiet. And we still don't know what his taking aim does. (Though, seeing how strange the roles are, I doubt he about to simply shoot someone).

As for Misu. Yes, he was being reckless, but that doesn't mean hes not mafia. Voting like that is risky whether you are Mafia or Townsfolk. So he's not off my list for now.
Cantavanda also didn't say much, but unlike Roy or misu, he hasn't really done much either, so I don't know.

As for rougebar, even though he always stated the good of the town, he did seem quite defensive when targeted. Though that doesn't say much either.

I think I have Roy and Misu in sight for now. But again, not voting just yet.

[Edit]
I have a role, that requires another townie to be guaranteed to work, and it can grant me a cop, a role cop, a vigilante, and
If he is not lying, the 'another' implies he is townfolk. Also, I doubt a Mafia would need a cop. Then again, he could be lying about his role (is this allowed). Either way, I think you crossed the line with role reveal here, as it kinda breaks the game.
Either way, you're not on my list... For now.:p

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Personally, I don' know if the 'another' is a valid way to excuse him as townie. That may just be him dancing on words. I'm still a little suspicious of amusudan and Fel, but That aside, Cantavanda really hasn't contributed much to today, although that isn't entirely unlike him. I'm still inclined to vote for someone, however and Canta has been the least helpful so far. I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Cantavanda

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I'm curious about Roy as well, the kick confuses me, but hey, if I die, you'll have a good idea at who to point fingers at. *cough cough.* Unless the mafia decide to kill me. Eh. Either way, I'll have to wait the kick out and see what happens.

Mercerenies

Votals
Misu (1) - roytheshort
Fel666 (1) - Misu
Cantavanda (2) - rougebare, Shawn Basnett

Four votes to lynch.
Day 1 ends on Thursday, April 6.

R

rougebare

I trust amusdan has the role, but I'm not using it alone soley to say he's town. While doctor is very pro-town, a vigilante can be very anti-town. In that respect I'm probibly the best canditate as i know what the items do... (although if you see one, you might be able to guess as i were feeling nostalgic when i made it...)

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
I just don't know what to say. I have nothing to contribute to talking about roles and I have nothing to say about what happens, it's been like this every game. I tried saying things by inspecting the meows but it seems you guys don't care about that. I have no negative or positive feelings about anyone, it's all neutral to me.

Last edited:
R

roytheshort

Can we lynch someone? Anyone? Even me at this point. Any lynch is better than no lynch.

R

rougebare

I don't really feel there is a good choice to be made.. but No Lynch, while we can get away with it day 1, it's really really not a good idea. I've already explained my 3 i'd choose between, and unfortunately - it's much better to lynch someone. I can emphasize canta, I don't have any strong reads one way or the other either, if you have a good reason for me to shift to fel or shawn on my vote, by all means share it. For now, it's much better to have a lynch than no lynch.

R

roytheshort

Why is that? We have a higher chance of lynching a townfolk than a mafiosi, no?
I must be missing something.
Because lynching is the only guaranteed form of townkill, Mafia always have a kill at night. If Town avoids using its ability to daykill then Mafia has a guaranteed win because Town literally doesn't kill anyone. (Excluding non-lynch town daykills and nightkills, but they have the same chance of hitting another town. Town should ALWAYS use its daykill)

GMWolf

aka fel666
Because lynching is the only guaranteed form of townkill, Mafia always have a kill at night. If Town avoids using its ability to daykill then Mafia has a guaranteed win because Town literally doesn't kill anyone. (Excluding non-lynch town daykills and nightkills, but they have the same chance of hitting another town. Town should ALWAYS use its daykill)
Ah yes. Makes total sense.

M

Misu

@Fel666 Thats because he was refering to a comparison between a lynch and a no lynch. Usually No Lynch means we dont risk a kill... but we will lose a townie during a night anyway. Lynch is a risk but its possibly our only way to stopping the mafia.

Also, lynching Cantavanda just because he has nothing to say or cant think critically seems like too much of a push when you have several other people who definitely are more suspicious than him. I already know who to point out (in order of most suspicious)

1. Fel666
2. roytheshort

These two did behave too odd when it comes to voting. Fel666 and his immidiate bandwagon jump, and roy's careless actions along with also how he quickly decided to vote on Cantavanda after realizing people are more convinced to getting him lynched. Sounds more like they are trying to get away with Day1. Also, I believe Rougebare did knew about the activation Roy did in the beginning (aiming at me). So I hope to know what this is actually.

Instead I'll enlighten a bit on the mark, as it's a role i made. Let's just say someone can now do SOMETHING to misu should he live to the night.
My theories here are...

if Cantavanda is indeed Mafia, then Roytheshort and Shawn cant be mafia since they cop him (gave him a lynch). If Cantavanda is not the murderer, then our eyes would have to turn to roytheshort and Shawn for accusing him.
I still be tempted to know more about Fel666 because he was too suspicious during this day phase (I gave an explanation earlier).

So... lets lynch Cantavanda and see what happens. Sorry, Canta.

vote: Cantavanda

Mercerenies

Votals
Cantavanda (5) - Literally everybody but Fel and Canta

After growing tired of Cantavanda's eerie silence, the town elected to go ahead and get rid of him.

Cantavanda has been killed. He was mafia-aligned.
Cantavanda's roles were:
* Pyromaniac - Each night, you must select a player and burn their house down. If you do not, then you will burn your own house down out of suppressed rage. A player whose house has been burnt down will die at the end of the next day unless they can find another player willing to let them live with them. Another player can invite the homeless player (as a day activation) into their house. These rules will be explained to the player when their house is burned.
* Pickpocket - Each night, you may pickpocket a player, stealing a random item that they have.
* Erratic - Your movements are very unpredictable. Investigations of you will always be redirected to a random target.
It is now Night 1. Night 1 ends on Friday, April 7.

Last edited:
A

amusudan

Votals
Cantavanda (5) - Literally everybody but amusu and canta

After growing tired of Cantavanda's eerie silence, the town elected to go ahead and get rid of him.

Cantavanda has been killed. He was mafia-aligned.
Cantavanda's roles were:

* Pyromaniac - Each night, you must select a player and burn their house down. If you do not, then you will burn your own house down out of suppressed rage. A player whose house has been burnt down will die at the end of the next day unless they can find another player willing to let them live with them. Another player can invite the homeless player (as a day activation) into their house. These rules will be explained to the player when their house is burned.
* Pickpocket - Each night, you may pickpocket a player, stealing a random item that they have.
* Erratic - Your movements are very unpredictable. Investigations of you will always be redirected to a random target.
It is now Night 1. Night 1 ends on Friday, April 7.
uh helluh? I did vote for Canta! I even mentioned you in my post :<.

A

amusudan

Fel is the one who did not vote, which makes me suspicious of him..

Mercerenies

Day 2

As everyone awoke from their nightly slumbers on this Friday which is definitely still April 7th and not April 8th as your lying calendars would have you believe, it seemed everyone had survived the night. But some had done more than that. amusudan awoke bright and early and pranced about the town excitedly, practically glowing with joy. "Today is going to be a great day", he says.

It is now Day 2. No one has died.
amusudan is feeling very lucky today.
Day 2 will end on Thursday, April 13.
There are six players alive. Four votes to lynch.
Day 2 start.

M

Misu

amusudan is feeling very lucky today.
What do you mean by that, Merc?
Does that mean he is townie?
Did the mafia tried to kill him?

Wow... Well Atleast during on day 1, we all know several things that happened, and apparently @Fel666 is my biggest bet right now since...

A. He tried to get away in a bandwagon vote right at the start of this round.
B. Played mostly by his role instead of really collaborating.
C. He was the only one he did not voted for Cantavanda (and we all know now that Cantavanda turned out to be a mafia).

So you gonna have to speak up now. You are nothing but suspicious throughout the game.

Here is a question, why shouldn't we vote a lynch on you?

R

roytheshort

Guys, I used my one shot Cop, Fel666 is Mafia!
Now to screw him over no matter what.

I TAKE AIM AT FEL666
I KICK FEL666
Vote: Fel666

A

amusudan

Someone gave me a misu last night, what does that even mean.
Also, My biggest suspicions lay with Fel.

But for now, I will give @rougebare a diamond. Please return it to me so I can cop Fel.

R

roytheshort

I literally just copped Fel. I got a one shot cop yesterday, I was going to use it on Rougebare. Decided to use it on Fel instead. He's Mafia.

GMWolf

aka fel666
BGuys no!
Roy is playing you guys! Trying to get me killed! Eliminating the most suspicious.
He must be mafia!

. He tried to get away in a bandwagon vote right at the start of this round.
Didn't you start that vote? It was to get some talk going. Otherwise none would say anything worth being suspicious of.
Played mostly by his role instead of really collaborating.
I did eventually give my thoughts, couldn't say much at the start when only 2 or three people said anything.
He was the only one he did not voted for Cantavanda (and we all know now that Cantavanda turned out to be a mafia).
Yeah... You guys all voted, it was 1am or so for me (GMT+1). I know im on the GMC a lot, but I'm not a cat in real life (I do sleep). I wouldnt base your suspicious on my healthy sleep schedule.

Back on topic: Roy! Now you are definitely mafia, why else would you want to kill me!
With canta gone you sure are getting desperate! I cant make any gradiose statements like "I used a cop" or anything.

VOTE: ROY.

Here is a question, why shouldn't we vote a lynch on you?
Because roy seems confident he can win this night! which means his abilities must be a delayed action thing.
His kick and aim are always paired toghether. My guess? They control one of the two to kill the other after some number of days/ uppon an event.
If he gets me lynched, then he gets a mafia kill, his ability triggers, and he uses that item (card, was it?) to kill off one more, he wins!

So yeah, kill me and you will know if hes is lying or not, but he probably knows this and knows he can win.
Kill him and you will know if he was mafiosi!

Also, does one shot cop reveal alignement or role?

A

amusudan

I literally just copped Fel. I got a one shot cop yesterday, I was going to use it on Rougebare. Decided to use it on Fel instead. He's Mafia.
I'd still like to do it myself, too. Honestly I'm not sure if you're town or third party. With all the kickin' and markin'. And not sure if you mentioned your cop earlier...

BGuys no!
Did anyone else notice the bold B? Could it mean something?

R

rougebare

This is going to be a fairly long post, the day started pretty late at night for me, so I pretty much saw it just as I were going to bed.

I'm going to start by saying, @amusudan , are you sure you want to use another cop on Fel? To me it'd be more useful to Cop Roy if you have doubts, we get more information that way. In either case we ought not to flout our resources (including the lynch). My thoughts are we lynch one and cop the other, or if we decide to lynch Roy, cop someone else, as Roy's town-flip would validate his cop, (or a mafia-flip would likely end the game, I doubt there were 3 mafia, as that would put town from the start in the position of HAVING to lynch a mafia on day one). (Personally I'm inclined to believe him, but if we want to be sure, we have time on our side thanks to only the mafia losing a member so far.) On that note, I'll return the diamond to you.

I'm not going to give a card to Roy or Fel today, as they seem to be our biggest leads at the moment. Instead, I'll deal a card to Misu, face-up. I don't wanna put all our eggs in one basket so to speak.

Of the two, I trust Roy more, simply as I can't really follow much of the logic in Fel's post, and it seems much more panicked, but let's dig in.

BGuys no!
Keep a note of that Bolded B, it might be role related, but to me it seems more likely to be a mistake. I'll wait to see if Merc reacts to it as an activation before I draw too many conclusions.
Roy is playing you guys! Trying to get me killed! Eliminating the most suspicious.
He must be mafia!
Indeed, if you were to turn out town, Roy would be the next logical suspect, but this seems alot like a kneejerk reaction.
Yeah... You guys all voted, it was 1am or so for me (GMT+1). I know im on the GMC a lot, but I'm not a cat in real life (I do sleep). I wouldnt base your suspicious on my healthy sleep schedule.
That's the same timezone as I'm in currently. And hammer happened a mere 20 minutes after your last post in the day. I'm not really buying this too much due to this, but it's not something I'd call a mafia-read on it's own.
Back on topic: Roy! Now you are definitely mafia, why else would you want to kill me!
With canta gone you sure are getting desperate! I cant make any gradiose statements like "I used a cop" or anything.
Because roy seems confident he can win this night! which means his abilities must be a delayed action thing.
His kick and aim are always paired toghether. My guess? They control one of the two to kill the other after some number of days/ uppon an event.
If he gets me lynched, then he gets a mafia kill, his ability triggers, and he uses that item (card, was it?) to kill off one more, he wins!
The kick and aiming aren't related, I made the latter role, and it's in the hands of someone else what happens to who he marks. I can't say about what the kick does, and I don't feel it's in the best interests of town for it to be revealed what a triggered mark does. In any case, I don't think there can be more than one mafia member left (thus they are definitely in dire straits as the only current casualty is a mafia member) And if it is roy, killing 3 townies would make it one mafia to two town, unless one of them is third party instead of town (and Mafia only know who isn't in the mafia, not who is third party/town) this isn't a win condition for mafia. The card I dealt him was a one-shot Cop.
So yeah, kill me and you will know if hes is lying or not, but he probably knows this and knows he can win.
Kill him and you will know if he was mafiosi!
Likewise, if we kill you and you flip town, it'll also pretty much scum-firm Roy?
Also, does one shot cop reveal alignement or role?
Alignment. Rolecops reveal roles.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Did anyone else notice the bold B? Could it mean something?
That was a mistake.
simply as I can't really follow much of the logic in Fel's post
See below.
Keep a note of that Bolded B, it might be role related
Nah, mistake.
The kick and aiming aren't related
This is where my logic breaks down. (Assuming they where related)
I don't think there can be more than one mafia member left
Yeah, 3 mafiosi to 4 townies would make little sense.
Likewise, if we kill you and you flip town, it'll also pretty much scum-firm Roy?
Exactly my point: Roy must be aware of that. He must have a way to win before tomorrow. Either he is mafiosi and can get 4 kills (+ 1 lynch). (Or 3 kills, if he is betting on a 3p).
Or he is 3p and has some other win condition.
Either way he must be quite confident, as if I get lynched, he will be scumfirmed and lynched the next day. He must have a plan to win before that.

[Edit]
I think we need to hear from @Shawn Basnett . To find out what that kick was.

Last edited:
R

rougebare

Do you really think anyone would have a way to kill 3 people at once reliably? I know at least one of his roles does nothing on it's own.

I'd also rather Shawn NOT share what the kick does if he knows. If roy IS town (I still beleive him to be town right now) i'd rather not make one of his roles useless.

GMWolf

aka fel666
Do you really think anyone would have a way to kill 3 people at once reliably? I know at least one of his roles does nothing on it's own.

I'd also rather Shawn NOT share what the kick does if he knows. If roy IS town (I still beleive him to be town right now) i'd rather not make one of his roles useless.
He could:
Night kill + ability he hasnt used yet + kick could be a delayed action.

A

amusudan

How do I use a cop? And yeah @rougebare I will use it on Roy.

But for now I will Vote Fel666 (I mean there's 666 in his name, he can't be up to any good! jk)

R

roytheshort

Sounds good to me, I'm down for a copping. Also kick is not a killing role. I'm not telling you more than that.
@Fel666 The reason I piled up my day activations on you is because there's a chance you have a lynchproof.