Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

R

rougebare

Question:
Changing your vote is allowed right? Its just that now i wanna vote for rougebar. Meow.
It is, but I'm a little worried that if the two mafia (assuming two) are there, anyone at H-2 (in this case 2 votes) can easily be hammered to simply end the day.

I'm not worried about getting lynched so much as losing discussion time. EDIT: And at THIS early a stage, I'd have liked to see better reasoning that "I just want to vote for him" and "He was mafia the last two rounds." The latter of which both being false (I was third party in round 2), and a terrible premise to go off to start with in the first place.

GMWolf

aka fel666
It is, but I'm a little worried that if the two mafia (assuming two) are there, anyone at H-2 (in this case 2 votes) can easily be hammered to simply end the day.

I'm not worried about getting lynched so much as losing discussion time. EDIT: And at THIS early a stage, I'd have liked to see better reasoning that "I just want to vote for him" and "He was mafia the last two rounds." The latter of which both being false (I was third party in round 2), and a terrible premise to go off to start with in the first place.
Its true. But voting for someone initiates the discussion. Hence its a pretty standard way to start a game of meowfia.

R

rougebare

That's known as a Random Vote Start (or RVS for short). I doubt Misu's vote was randomly picked based on the rest of the post.

In any case my argument there does rely on the mafia not being among the voting party on the H-2.(I'm actully suspecting Misu might have a win condition that's not purely town. I'm alright with Misu's way of starting up discussion (last round he made it rather clear he doesn't like the way I play mafia, which is another reason I'm not buying it as a simple RVS), I'm honestly less ok with your own one, and is the one I view more suspiously of the two. (And even more so if it was a RVS)

I'm going to hold back for a moment to give others a chance to add in their thoughts.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
What even happened.

It's not a rolecop, but an alignment cop. What card i give isn't in my control, and i don't even know what roles I can give out via it, but they are all one shot activatables.
Being that you've been everything but town so far, I imagine you're most likely town this time, as well as the fact that that role doesn't really seem like a mafia type role. I'm got my best bets on Rouge being town.

I would consider Roy. he has a gun. Or at least, something you can aim with (A banana?).
A clown with a gun is never good news.
Hah.

Based on prior game knowledge, and what I've read so far, I' like to make a list of my town reads. Strongest first.

1. Rouge
2. Misu
3. Roy

I've already stated my reasonings for Rouge.

Before the game started, Misu said that he would be very reckless about his decisions. I imagine what he's done so far is just an attempt, albeit a poor one, to game throw. He may be a third party, but i have no actual idea if that's true. I personally don't believe Misu would attempt a game throw as mafia, as being mafia would make the game more interesting for him. His attempts just seem to show that he finds the round boring currently.

Roy is an anomaly when it comes to this game. It's ridiculous, and I really don't appreciate the kick, whatever that means mechanically. However, I don't see a reason to suspect him as an evil role just yet, mainly for the same reason as Rouge, although as that has proved, we can't rely solely on that.

As for Fel's meowing.

1. Hah, that's amazing.
2. I imagine this makes him 3P, although i wouldn't bet on it or anything.
3. I just put this here because I forgot my third point.

Maybe Shawn has no internet again or something
Also, yes. I don't have internet over the weekends. I try to make up for it by being overly active during weekdays. (Between 8:00 AM and 3:30 PM)

GMWolf

aka fel666
Being that you've been everything but town so far, I imagine you're most likely town this time,
Assuming the selection is truly random, then this is statistically inconclusive.
But then again i'm new to this, and i dont know how you guys play.
Hah, that's amazing.
meow :3
I imagine this makes him 3P
Whats 3P?
I'm going to hold back for a moment to give others a chance to add in their thoughts.
My thoughts: I really dont have many. Can't read peeps on my first game.
Perhaps i should read through the old topics...

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Assuming the selection is truly random, then this is statistically inconclusive.
But then again i'm new to this, and i dont know how you guys play.
The selection is random, but random chance is still chance. There's a lower probability of him being selected as Mafia/3P for the third time in a row.

Whats 3P?
Third Party, they have their own win conditions.

Edit: Ninja'd

Can't read peeps on my first game.
Perhaps i should read through the old topics...
Don't worry about it. Reading through the last two games in this topic would be beneficial, but it's not at all required. ^-^ You'll do fine.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Also, being that I created this role, and it seems very different from it's original state... I'd like to try something.

Pets Fel. Good Kitty.

Mercerenies

Day Activation!

Shawn pets Fel666. Fel is very pleased and feels less like a cat now.

Fel666's feline curse has been broken.

A

amusudan

He feels less like a cat, but is he still a cat? I role I have mentioned that cats never sleep, and I dunno what that is supposed to mean.

EDIT:
This is the role in question:
Mr. Sandman - Each night, you may put a player to sleep. That player cannot do anything on the current night. This ability fails when used on cats, for cats do not sleep.
Not being able to be stopped during the night seems a bit mafia to me, but maybe it's just randomly picked who is a cat.

R

rougebare

Well I'm glad I waited for that (activation) to come through, what comes of it comes of it.

Now, my early thoughts are as follows.

Misu: Has only made one post, where he incorrectly states that i were mafia in the last two rounds, and uses that as a premise to vote for me. Slight mafia-read, but this is more due to his silence since.
Roy: Has marked Misu, and kicked shawn. I have a good idea what the mark does as I made the role and it's companion. I don't want to reveal what they do though. I would like to hear more from him though. (I've already explained why I gave him the card earlier.) I'll be keeping an eye to see what happens with that one-shot cop though. (I should note, the mark on it's own does nothing.)
Fel666: My main suspicion here is the reason for the bandwagon on Misu's Vote for me, simply "I wanna vote for him." Yes lynch is better than No Lynch, but we aren't in urgent need for a lynch right this moment.
Cantavanda: Like Misu, I only have a single post to work with, except there isn't really much to go on here. No Read at all here.
amusdan: I think he has a role I made,if it's the one I think it is I'll help. Sorry about being vague here, but it's likely that another of my roles is in play. I don't want to make this more explicit unless I have to. I get a slight town-read, but this is partly due to knowing the role.
Shawn: Has un-catted fel666 for want of a better phrasing. We'll have to see how that plays out. So far, slight-town read from his posts.

This all said, I don't feel my reads are strong (and I cannot guarantee accuracy.)

A

amusudan

amusdan: I think he has a role I made,if it's the one I think it is I'll help. Sorry about being vague here, but it's likely that another of my roles is in play. I don't want to make this more explicit unless I have to. I get a slight town-read, but this is partly due to knowing the role.
It's one with 5 items, if you made it you will know what they are.

GMWolf

aka fel666
He feels less like a cat, but is he still a cat? I role I have mentioned that cats never sleep, and I dunno what that is supposed to mean.

EDIT:
This is the role in question:
Mr. Sandman - Each night, you may put a player to sleep. That player cannot do anything on the current night. This ability fails when used on cats, for cats do not sleep.
Are you allowed to reveal your roles?

Last edited:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I made the cat role. It's changed from what it originally was, so I have no idea if breaking the curse does what I think it does.

Okay. Out of curiosity.

How many people here have Cat related roles? Not being a cat, just roles that mention cats as an exception or something?

GMWolf

aka fel666
I made the cat role. It's changed from what it originally was, so I have no idea if breaking the curse does what I think it does.

Okay. Out of curiosity.

How many people here have Cat related roles? Not being a cat, just roles that mention cats as an exception or something?
I made a cat role, different from mine. And a cat- related role.

R

rougebare

Just realized I made a mistake in my rundown, Cantavanda, while I'd still like to hear more from him, has posted more than a single post. Most don't give much to work with though.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I'm inclined to wait for others to post more before I start making any accusations, as I don't really have any mafia reads just yet.

R

rougebare

Or if you don't want to talk about your roles, talk about the ones that are publicly known, or claimed.

R

roytheshort

Can we not lynch Rougebare just because he's a good player? It's such a stupid reason, oh wow, he was not town the past two games and got away with it. If he's town you're killing a valuable player and screwing up everything. He's good at playing town as well as being good at playing scum. Heck, even lynch me instead if you want. I'd rather you lynch me than him.

If you guys really want I can cop rougebare at night, he's a useful player. I'm perfectly capable of defending myself for one night, after which I don't need to be defended anyway because I won't have the cop.

Vote: Misu for starting that argument literally one post after day starts.

R

rougebare

I'm glad I looked at the new post before I posted what I was going to post, I was also going to cast my vote at that moment, but I'm thankful I haven't unintentionally put a player at H-1 simply by manner of poor timing. Misu is the one person I want to hear from most, since the first post of the round, he's been completely silent.

I can't really add more here without repeating myself from my previous posts, but honestly Misu-lynch is looking attractive, but again, I'd rather not cut the day short.

M

Misu

Its attractive indeed. (sorry for the late post. I had my mind on other interest than this game)

I DID mentioned before the game started that I was gonna be more careless with my actions. To be honest, I didnt really wanted to play this round at all since I got sick of it, but I am playing anyway. And what's the best way to start a round 3 while being sick of it? A backfire to get everyone to burst into discussion. Wanted to see everyones reaction caused by my quick post; it was too tempting yet risky. My fake act revealed us something though. It caused Fel666 to jump into a bandwagon without providing any real good reasons. He only mentioned one reason...

Meow, in the end we have to vote for someowne. Doubt anyone will betray themselves that early.
After that he never contributed anything in the game much except point out other people's statement and roleplaying. Perhaps it was part of a cat role maybe but I want to know why @Fel666 you think that was a good idea to lynch rougebare... oh wait, I can just do this...

vote: Fel666

Speak up, mortal!

Oh and sorry rouge (I still hate the way you play mafia though)

GMWolf

aka fel666
Speak up, mortal!
You are not the first to enquire about my post.

I shall therefore explain myself, much how you explained yourself.
In the end, your vote does not matter until everyone else has voted, since you can change your vote.

By voting early with not much reason, I was hoping to spark more conversation. Why would anyone say anything incriminating or otherwise if they are not in danger.
By voting rougebar we put pressure on rougebar. And, if he is part of Mafia, we put pressure on other mafia members. That would increase the chances of Rougebar accidentally saying something to reveal who he is.

It is a pretty standard way to open a game of Mafia (or werewolf, as I used to play it).

I think I already stated before that my vote was to encourage more discussion.
Perhaps was it effective?
I will now withdraw my vote. Not much point having it now.

Unvote rougebar.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Im a cat.
Uh. That's an interesting response. Although I sorta understand why you answered that way.

Although it does feel as if it's cutting the day short, i do feel inclined to vote for someone. Not much more conversation can be had without doing something. I still stand by my read on Misu, he was just being reckless.

I'm actually leaning towards either Fel or amusudan, however, I'm leaning slightly more on the penguin, only due to the cat curse. So I'm going to go ahead and place my vote now.

Vote: amusudan

GMWolf

aka fel666
Uh. That's an interesting response. Although I sorta understand why you answered that way.
Well, That's literally my role. I'm just a cat... that must meow.
What else did you expect me to say? That I have the power to summon a deamon army to overrun the town? hahaha... nooo, that would be way OP... :duck:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
You miss the point, Penguin. I'm not voting for you because you're not a ca, I'm voting for you because Fel is <3.

But in all seriousness, I realize the flaws in my logic. Being that if Fel is mafia, the cat role definitely won't help the town. I need some sleep, that never occurred to me for some reason.

Unvote