Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

R

rougebare

Hmm, coulda sworn the night would be over by now... (is someone holding up the parade?)

Mercerenies

Day 3

For the second time, everyone exited their tents. Canta's corpse still lay in the swampy ground, a glimmering diamond sitting next to it. Everyone seemed to be accounted for; no one new has died. However, attention was immediately drawn to Shawn, who strangely enough seems to have a conspicuous arrow sticking out of his back.

No one has died. It is now Day 3.
There is one diamond that can be claimed.
Shawn has an arrow in his back.
There are five players alive. Three votes to lynch.
Day 3 will end on Friday, March 31. Day 3 start.

R

rougebare

Claim the diamond.

I win!

EDIT: An arrow in his back? Interesting...

R

rougebare

Well, now the shinys are safe, the obvious question is why Shawn has an arrow in his back. My thoughts are rather suspicious of him (although it's partly due to me being pretty sure of the role that caused it, as I made the role in question)

I'm waiting for an answer Shawn, my thoughts are that it's related to the lack of a death during the night.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Well this is awful.

Alright so

I've been stabbed. I should probably explain. I attempted to shoot Bing last night. I have a role that tells me someone really wants to be in the mafia, and if i manage to kill them, i will gain one of their roles. Noone seemed to take the bait earlier, so I took a shot in the dark at one of the only two people that were not active at that time. Bingdom and Darzoz. Bing was my choice. Now i have an arrow in my back .-.

Also, Rouge never gave me a diamond... Now he has three. Is he the hoarder?

R

rougebare

I have no reason to lie here. I can't kill anyone now I've got all 3 diamonds. I am indeed the hoarder, but I'm also third party. My win condition was simply to gain all 3 diamonds.

EDIT: This outcome confuses me though, since we didn't have a death, and the information that my "Wannabe Mafia" role is in the game, this means one of three things.
1. Mafia's nightkill failed by hitting the Wannabe, which would mean we have 2 town 2 mafia and 1 third party.
2. Mafia's nightkill failed by another reason, which means likely 3:1:1
3. Shawn's mafia, and his nightkill got him shot by the arrow. (which would still be 3:1:1)
I doubt we had 2 mafia at the start if Wannabe is in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Mmkay, I suppose. Being that you made this role, What exactly will happen to me with the arrow in my back? Am I going to die?

R

roytheshort

Wait, you're 3P, I'm 3P, there's 1 Mafia at least and it's 3 votes to lynch. Town is in the minority. I am certain. Either way, they only have 2 votes right now.

Who's Town? I think we should start town hunting.

R

rougebare

It's not in the state it was submitted in, or you'd already be dead.

R

roytheshort

Rougebare - 3P
Roy - 3P
Someone - Mafia
Two other people - Town

3 votes to lynch.

Town is in the minority Shawn. It's only because of 3Ps that the game isn't over. So, who's town?

R

roytheshort

Ah, thank you Shawn. Let's lynch one of them, and you can shoot me at night. I think you know why.

Vote: Bingdom

R

rougebare

If I had to say somone is town, I'd have to say Bing is my biggest town-read, but that said, noone of my reads have been strong town reads.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
In fact I do. Also, I stole your dude manrod. I don't think that can take my nightkill, but just in case.

I'm so unbelievably strong. I did all of Clint Eastwood's stunts for him. Chump Norris has nothing on me.

R

rougebare

That's all I need.

Vote: Shawn Basnett

He is mafia, Roy is Wannabe mafia 3P, I'm hoarder 3P and everyone else is town.

R

roytheshort

@rougebare, I knew you could side with either side. I wouldn't mention the fact we're in the majority if I didn't have a backup plan. I have a role that can delete win conditions at Night. I have not used it. If you do not co-operate I will be forced to use it and you will lose.

It's your choice.

R

rougebare

When I publically announced I had a limited lifespan? I actually die at the end of the day......

If it wasn't for the diamonds, they let me stay alive, which i forgot when voting with town.

Guess it's prob better to end it quicker...

Unvote

EDIT: Am i the only one who finds this kinda ironic... that i've just hammered my partner in crime from round 1. XD

R

roytheshort

If you shoot me at Night, Mafia is automatically the majority and we win. Don't shoot town, they might have bulletproofs.

Oh, is it over? Well, that was fast.

R

rougebare

It prob doesn't make a difference, if bing survives, we can vote Darzoz instead. or even myself, which would then cause majority in mafia favor when roy converts.

Mercerenies

Votals

Bingdom (3) - Roy, Shawn, Rougebare

Oh, look! A lynch! Yeah, the non-town players quickly realized that they outnumbered the town and elected to start hunting town heads out of revenge. So, knowing full well that Bingdom is town, they lynched him.

Bingdom has died. He was town-aligned.
There are now as many mafia as there are town players. Game over!
The mafia (Shawn) and the Hoarder (rougebare) have won.

(Analysis and full role list coming soon)

R

rougebare

Sorry roy ;)

Another reason i went for a townie lynch is i felt shawn desevred the win more than the more.. inactive players.

R

rougebare

Yep, I know that. But the only way roy could win in that situation was lynching me. I figured that out when i were going to ask "Do I want Roy to win?"

R

rougebare

He sealed his fate when he threatened to force me to lose my win condition.

R

rougebare

I never bought that you did. It doesn't count for much when it's the mafia saying that and the mafia has the biggest nighttime threat to life.

Mercerenies

Full role PMs
amusudan,
You are town-aligned. You are the obsessed purifier who likes eels. You have 0 eels. Your roles are:
* Purifier - Each night, you may select a player (including yourself) and purify them. Purifying a player removes any ancient curses or poisons placed upon them. If you remove a curse or poison in this way, the player is given a one-shot bulletproof as a reward.
* The 'eeler - You have an obsession with eels. Every player has been given some number of eels. Each night you may select a player and lure any eels away from them, even dead players. If you collect ten eels, you may publicly unleash an Eelnado. The Eelnado scrambles the targets of any actions performed for the rest of the day and the following night.
* Cute Girl Obsessed - You are obsessed with cantavanda and really want to impress them. Each day, you must do exactly one of the following three things to impress them or you will die. You may only do each thing once, and if the game goes on longer than three days, you have sufficiently impressed them and can stop. If cantavanda dies, you are no longer responsible for impressing them.
1. Buy them a gift - You give cantavanda a beautifully wrapped box with a single-use gun in it. They can fire this gun during the night.
2. Hire a clown to entertain them - You hire someone to perform for them. They will be so busy batting away the clown that they cannot vote for the rest of that day.
3. Declare that they are yours - No one else can lay a finger on cantavanda! No one! Anyone who uses a day activation targeting them that day after you declare this will fail.
If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, please wait until I post announcing the Day 1 start. Have fun!

Shawn Basnett,
You are the mafia. You are the seductive tax collector and juror with poisonous potion. You have 4 eels. Your roles are:
* Head of the Jury - You might be called upon to choose a verdict. If a trial is called, you will be PM'd asking you for your verdict. You may then reply to that message: Guilty or Innocent. Your verdict will be announced publicly but your identity will remain a secret. If you choose Guilty, the player will be lynched. If you choose Innocent, they will be unable to be lynched for the remainder of the day.
* Poisonous Potion - During the night, you may poison a player. That player must be healed before the end of the next day or they will die. They also cannot vote for the next day unless they are healed. You may only do this once.
* Tax Collector - As a tax collector, your natural instinct is to suck the life out of others. Each night, you may select a player and suck their soul out of them. You then get one of their roles. This can only be done twice and cannot be done to the same player twice.
* Seducer - On the first night of the game, you may select one player to seduce. That player will not be told that they have been seduced, but for the rest of the game, any day or night actions they perform which target you will fail.
*** You also have the following crucial information: there is a player who wants to be in the mafia. If you target that player with your nightkill, they will join you as a second mafia player instead of being killed. ***
If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, please wait until I post announcing the Day 1 start. Have fun!

rougebare,
You are third party. You are the hoarding energetic anomaly with a banana peel. You win the game if you own three diamonds. You have 2 eels. Your roles are:
* Hoarder - There is a player in the game who begins with three diamonds. Players can voluntarily give diamonds to each other. If a player with diamonds dies, the diamonds will be found on his corpse the next morning and can be claimed by anyone. Your goal is to collect all of the diamonds. If at any point you have all three diamonds, you win the game. When someone offers you any number of diamonds, you will automatically kill them and steal all of their diamonds anyway. If, by the end of the third day, you do not have all three diamonds, you lose.
* Banana Peel - During the day, you may declare "WATCH AND LEARN! HERE'S THE DEAL. YOU SLIP AND SLIDE ON THIS BANANA PEEL!" and choose three players, possibly including yourself. Those players rotate out one of their roles, so Player A gets one of Player B's roles, B gets one of C's, and C gets one of A's. This role can only be used once.
* Energetic Anomaly - You are a being of pure energy. No one can ever know anything about you. Any investigations which attempt to identify anything about you will fail with the message "You can't make heads or tails of that player".

cantavanda,
You are town-aligned. You are the Dude Manrod helicopter with a twin. You have 0 eels. Your roles are:
* Twins - You are a twin. You and your twin can communicate privately. You share one role other than this one. However, you do not know your twin's alignment or other roles.
* Dude Manrod - You are really tough. Tougher than Chuck Norris. You did all of Clint Eastwood's stunts for him. Each day, you must brag about at least one of those two things. If you fail to do so, you lose a random role (other than this one) permanently.
* Helicopter - Each night, you may turn into a helicopter and fly one player of your choice far away. That player cannot perform any actions that night.
I will start up the conversation thread with your twin momentarily. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, please wait until I post announcing the Day 1 start. Have fun!

roytheshort,
You are third party. You are the Dude Manrod wannabe mafia with a twin. You have 3 eels. You win the game if you become a member of the mafia and the mafia wins. Your roles are:
* Wannabe Mafia - You secretly want to be a member of the mafia. If they should target you for a nightkill, you will instead join them. If you do so, your win condition becomes that of the mafia. If you fail to join the mafia, you lose the game.
* Twins - You are a twin. You and your twin can communicate privately. You share one role other than this one. However, you do not know your twin's alignment or other roles.
* Dude Manrod - You are really tough. Tougher than Chuck Norris. You did all of Clint Eastwood's stunts for him. Each day, you must brag about at least one of those two things. If you fail to do so, you lose a random role (other than this one) permanently.
I will start up the conversation thread with your twin momentarily. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, please wait until I post announcing the Day 1 start. Have fun!

Darzoz,
You are town aligned. You are the Pokemon trainer elitist who moonlights as a doctor. You have 1 eel. Your roles are:
* Red - You are a Pokemon trainer. If you are targeted by a night action, you will challenge the player targeting you to a Pokemon battle. You and the other player will both choose a Pokemon. Unless they choose a Pokemon whose type is strong against your Pokemon's type, the night action will fail. The Gen II type matchups will be used; dual-typed Pokemon are considered to have their first type only, and Fairy-types are considered Normal.
* Doctor - During the day (publicly) or night (privately), you may select a player and save their life. If they have been cursed or poisoned, the curse or poison is removed. You may only do this once.
* Elitist - You are a true PC elitist. If anyone mentions "Xbox", "Playstation", or "Nintendo" in any of their posts, you will come to despise them and will be unable to use any roles on them for the rest of the game. If any of your posts include any of those words, you will die of shock.

Bingdom,
You are town-aligned. You are the vaulting judge switcher. You have 2 eels. Your roles are:
* Judge - When a player other than yourself is at H-1 votes (meaning they are one vote away from being lynched), you may publicly call for a trial of that player. Another player (whose identity you do not know) is the jury, and they will be asked to choose a verdict for that player. If the jury chooses Guilty, the player is lynched immediately. If the jury chooses Innocent, all votes for that player are negated and they cannot be voted for for the remainder of the day. While the jury is making their decision, that player will not be lynched, even if they receive enough votes. If the jury player dies, future jury verdicts are chosen randomly. If a player who was found Innocent with this role later dies and turns out to be mafia, you will be fired and are no longer the Judge.
* Vaulting Trick Shot - You cannot be killed during the night. If a player attempts to kill you, you will vault away to a safe distance and fire an arrow back at your would-be killer. The arrow will not kill them, but it will be stated that they have an arrow in their back when the next day starts.
* Switcher - During the day, you may select two players other than yourself. Those two players swap a single role. This can only be done once.

Misu,
You are town-aligned. You are the diamond treasure hunter with a camera. You have 4 eels. Your roles are:
* Diamonds - You begin the game with three diamonds. At night, you may give diamonds to other players, who can pass them onto anyone else. Every time a diamond changes hands, the receiver gets a one-shot rolecop. A player can only receive one rolecop per night in this way. If a player who has diamonds dies, the diamonds will be found on their corpse and can be claimed by anyone during the day. But beware; there is a Hoarder who, upon being given a diamond, will kill the gifter and steal their diamonds.
* Digger - Each night, you will go exploring and find an ancient treasure. You may break this treasure or pass it onto someone else, who will be given the same options. Breaking it will grant you a useful one-shot ability but has a small chance of unleashing an ancient curse upon you. If you are cursed, you will die at the end of the next night (not the current night) unless someone cures you of it.
* Camera - You have a camera at your house, but it only has enough battery to last one night. One night, you may turn your camera on. If the mafia tries to nightkill you on that night, the nightkill will fail and the person responsible will be identified publicly the next day. You may only do this once.

Transcript:
== Day 1 ==
Rougebare immediately used a banana peel, causing three things to happen
* Roy's Twin ability moved to Bingdom
* Bingdom's Switcher ability moved to Cantavanda
* Cantavanda's Dude Manrod ability moved to Roy
amusudan declared Cantavanda to be his and only his
amusudan is lynched successfully

== Night 1 ==
Shawn seduces Roy and sucks his soul
Shawn nightkills Misu
Shawn poisons Bingdom
Shawn sucks Roy's soul
* Roy's Dude Manrod ability moved to Shawn
Canta rolecops Misu and discovers Camera
Misu dug up treasure and gave it to Roy
Misu gave Canta a diamond
Roy breaks the ancient treasure and gains an alignment cop
Roy alignment cops Shawn; failed due to seduction
Misu's corpse reveals two diamonds

== Day 2 ==
Darzoz heals Bingdom
Cantavanda is lynched successfully

== Night 2 ==
Shawn loses a role due to Dude Manrod (Tax Collector)
Shawn attempts to nightkill Bingdom but fails due to Vaulting Trick Shot

== Day 3 ==
Rougebare claims the third diamond from Canta.
Bingdom is lynched. Mafia + 3P Win

Analysis:
Overall, I think this game went really well. Especially given that turn of events at the end of the game. On Night 2, Shawn had four choices of people he could kill. The outcomes were all pretty interesting.
* Had Shawn killed Roy, he would've Wannabe'ed onto the mafia team and resulted in an immediate mafia win.
* Had Shawn killed Rouge, the game would've continued and Rouge would've lost. The likely result here is Roy convincing Shawn of his Wannabe status and getting recruited Night 3, after what would probably have been a NL.
* Had Shawn killed Bingdom (as he did), the arrow showed up and incriminated him. I had forgotten that Rouge submitted this role, so that made things even more interesting, meaning Shawn had to downplay things in an interesting way.
* Had Shawn killed Darzoz, the pokemon trainer role would've kicked in, resulting in a battle.

By the way, Rouge, I didn't intentionally change your Vaulting Trick Shot role. I misinterpreted your intentions when I read the description and thought you intended it to serve as an indicator and nothing more. The arrow would've had no effect other than making Shawn look very suspicious.

I was sort of sad that a few roles didn't get utilized at all. The pokemon trainer role, for instance, went completely unused, simply because no one targeted Darzoz with a night action. Likewise, the 'eeler (and with it, everybody's eels) went completely unused because amusudan died on Day 1. But these sorts of things happen.

EDIT: Should've mentioned. Yes, Round 3 is a thing if people are interested. Feel free to go ahead and sign up.

Round 3 Players
* Shawn Basnett
* roytheshort
* amusudan
* rougebare
* Fel666
* Cantavanda
* Misu

Last edited:
R

rougebare

I wasn't saying it was an intentional change, misunderstandings happen.

Bingdom

Googledom
Wow guys, you voted for me without hearing anything from me. Lol

GG anyways, Shawn attempted to kill me overnight although I can't be.

Shawn was going be my next suspect, as he said I was townie.

R

roytheshort

Well, Shawn was obviously Mafia when I said "Guys, Town are in the minority now" and he said "I am Mafia, Bingdom is Town, kill Bingdom" and then we killed you.

Such a great time, usually when I kill my friends I have to make new friends, not in Mafia-land. I can kill you again and again and again.

Bingdom

Googledom
Well, Shawn was obviously Mafia when I said "Guys, Town are in the minority now" and he said "I am Mafia, Bingdom is Town, kill Bingdom" and then we killed you.
I was gonna say this once day 3 has started, but the game already ended when I woke up. Shawn said I was townie in day 2. My point is pretty weak though, as the sentence is pretty light.

I can't make it for round 3. Exams and stuff are kicking in. :(

Last edited:
R

rougebare

My usual count is around 12... and a fair amount of them got into the last round...

R

rougebare

Just noticed the only one not to get at least one of my roles was Darzoz. Roy and amusdan got two, and nine were in the round in total.

EDIT: And that's all 14 i'm submitting for this round...

Last edited by a moderator: