Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

R

rougebare

MINE! Me wants them! Takes the diamonds.

(EDIT: Couldn't resist the joke there, best to try keep them safe)
Can't say I'm fond of Purifier going out the game, but one of the roles that it can help against is gone now though.

R

roytheshort

I was unable to investigate Shawn last night, the message told me he was too "handsome and wonderful". Shawn, explain this?

Also someone (stupidly) stole one of my Dude Manrods, look out for someone who does any of this...

You are really tough. Tougher than Chuck Norris. You did all of Clint Eastwood's stunts for him. Each day, you must brag about at least one of those two things. If you fail to do so, you lose a random role (other than this one) permanently.
If anyone (other than me, I still have one of them) says this at any point during the day, they are a role-thief and are probably Mafia. They either say it and we lynch them or they don't say it and they lose roles. Either is good as far as I'm concerned. If someone quotes my post here as well, consider them suspect. They may be trying to quote me to say that brag.

Also, obligatory "I'm tougher than Chuck Norris"

Any questions?

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Because of the town flip from amusudan, and Roy's suspicion of me. I'd like to defend myself. Amusudan selected Canta and then immediately doubled back on that by voting against him without any given reason other than "I agree". If amusudan was town this would have just been a mistake on his part, which it was. (Unless he knew something we didn't) However, if he was Mafia there may have been a role that involves such an action. Maybe selecting him and then hanging him would have resulted in Canta joining the mafia? Maybe it would have provided a one-shot role for him? There was no way to be sure. I'd also like to point out that there was a possibility of him being 3P with a win condition involving such an action. If you weigh those possibilities VS the possibility that he simply made a mistake, there is a high scum reading.

I was unable to investigate Shawn last night, the message told me he was too "handsome and wonderful". Shawn, explain this?
One of my roles: "Chris Pratt" Prevents anyone from performing an action that relates to my role at night. I imagine that may have been what happened? I didn't get any message regarding your failed attempt.

Also.

But beware; there is a Hoarder who, upon being given a diamond, will kill the gifter and steal their diamonds.
I'd imagine whoever the hoarder is would happen to be either 3P or Mafia. We could do a little testing and just pass diamonds around? Until we figure out who it is?

R

roytheshort

Ok, so I advised people to cop you yesterday, and you have an anti-cop role. Why didn't you bring this up? There is nothing beneficial to come out of hiding something that prevents people from copping you. If it was such an important secret, why bring it up now instead of pretending you have no idea what I'm talking about?

(Also my cop was a one-shot from someone giving me an ancient treasure or something. Someone gave me an ancient treasure and I broke it and used the one shot cop.)

Last edited:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Ok, so I advised people to cop you yesterday, and you have an anti-cop role. Why didn't you bring this up? There is nothing beneficial to come out of hiding something that prevents people from copping you. If it was such an important secret, why bring it up now instead of pretending you have no idea what I'm talking about?
Keeping any role that prevents a death or a cop hidden is very important. Announcing to everyone that you have something like that makes you a target to just about everyone. To town because it looks scummy, and to mafia because it looks as if they have an important role and because they have the town on their side to lynch someone that they know obviously isn't one of them. I don't know about you, but I'd rather not die Night 1 again. And certainly not because i just announced one of my roles.

R

rougebare

This is a stretch, but it IS possible the hoarder might get a benefit from having all 3 diamonds, but I'd have to agree, whoever it is is most likely not town. But we cannot rule them out as not being town. I'm thinking of the eel role here, had he not been lynched day 1 and gathered enough eels he would have gained an activation.

Due to the kill on receipt of diamonds though, it's not hugely likely.

R

roytheshort

Well, since Shawn is immune to cop checks. You may as well give him a Diamond and see what happens. May as well role-check him by some other means.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I'll take one. Be sure to only give out one diamond at a time. If you give out two and you die, we have no idea who took them.

R

rougebare

Diamonds, unless claimed (like I did at the start of the day) can't be moved until nighttime, and as I don't seem to have got any role-cops I'm not going to try it in the daytime. So for now, I'd like to put that aside. (After typing that I just realized I misread Misu's Diamond flip, the role-cop only gets given at night.)

We can't rule out Cantavanda as a suspect right now either, Amusdan HAD to target Cantavanda, it wasn't a choice. Despite losing a potent role in Purifier, we at least got a fair bit of information out of Amusdan's lynch. There may be a role that causes posion (although the curse role is gone, and I doubt there going to be another role that causes an Ancient Curse) still out there somewhere, which right now, honestly makes me worry.

Kinda still want a bit more on Roy's list at the end of the last day, I'm particularly curious why Bingdom is on both post flip lists, but not on the current suspects list. (This is of course speaking from at the time of the list writing.)

It's getting quite late for me here, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to cut this post shorter than I'd like here, and it should also give both Canta and Bing a chance to chime in.

Bingdom

Googledom
Guys, I've been poisoned. If I don't get a cure by the end of the day, I'll die.

I used to have a switch potion (until rougebare used the switch role ability on me, Canta and Roy), that would switch roles to 2 selected people (but one use only). It's suspicious that Canta didn't mention it unless a role gets destroyed.

Edit:
It's also more suspicious that Roy didn't acknowledge it.

Last edited:
R

rougebare

I think you're out of luck Bing, unless there is somehow another role that can cleanse it, we killed the purifier on Day 1.

Do you think Canta might have used the switch role to switch back with Roy? (Not sure why considering how Roy's been complaining about his doubled up role I accidenrly gave him, so he'd have had a good chance of grabbing the Role.)

I'm not sure that Roy would have known about the role that passed from you to Cantavanda, only the one he received and passed on. I wouldn't have thought my role would have worked like that, informing all 3 of the moved roles, I know I used it for informational purposes, but I wouldn't have expected that all three would know all 3 moved roles. Only Roy claimed what roles he lost during day 1 on the day, noone else mentioned that, so why would Roy know here?

I'm not getting a great feeling here, but my reads are still very fuzzy.

Bingdom

Googledom
I think you're out of luck Bing, unless there is somehow another role that can cleanse it, we killed the purifier on Day 1.
That role only affects people during the night. Unless he predicted that I'll be poisoned during the night, I will die before it becomes night again.

R

roytheshort

It's also more suspicious that Roy didn't acknowledge it.
I never got that role, Cantavanda must have it. Although I did make that role for the first game!

The Machiavellian Alchemist Doctor
Obscure status effects are the most useful form of weaponry there is, nothing can beat them. Except possibly a really big sword. You are the wielder of potions and master of magic! Your potions can be thrown, once per night, to inflict statuses on the townspeople! (Or mafiapeople!)

Awkwardness - Every move you make is clumsy, you cannot use a night action without everyone knowing you did it. You will be unaware you had this effect until the morning comes.
Hunger - You suddenly want to eat something, you will randomly eat one of your roles (losing it) and suffer a corresponding ill effect.
Transposition - A bizarre set of two potions, aim at two targets and they swap their roles. If a paradox happens because of this and another role, this role takes priority and the other role has no effect. (If a meta-paradox occurs where something tries to take priority over this. Both players involved with the meta-paradox die.)
Foresight: The player hit with a foresight potion will instantly be given the complete identity of one player.
I think this is the one, I think it's safe to share because both you and Cantavanda are going to be dead by day end. Mafia can't kill you if you're dead. So there's no point in chasing after either of you. There's also no point trying to lynch either of you.

Bingdom was on the list because he didn't say much, I put people on lists but not at the top to get them to speak more. Anyway, there's no point discussing that now. Both of you are going to die. Unless someone else was involved with the paradox. Or there is another potion role out there, in which case ignore this entire post.

Last edited:
R

rougebare

I actually had that one last round roy. I used hunger and awkwardness on you and Lukasmah respectively. I doubt it'd be in this round too.

EDIT: I did submit a potion related role, whether it's in the game or not I don't know.

Bingdom

Googledom
I never got that role, Cantavanda must have it. Although I did make that role for the first game!
I did submit a potion related role, whether it's in the game or not I don't know.
Strange because I also created a potion related role. Functions very similarly to the way it told to me.
* Poisonous potion - 1 use. When it becomes night, you can select one person to poison. That person has to be healed within 1 day, otherwise, he/she will die when it becomes night again. That person cannot vote for that day.
Though, It seems like I can still vote.
I also made a doctor role, specifically to counter the poisonous potion. Can you only heal one person?

R

rougebare

Heh, seems like a bunch of us had a similar poison idea DX.

Hmm, while I think of asking, Roy, did you get a role in return (i'm not asking what that role is, only if you got one) when your role was taken?

Also where did you get that Cantavanda is going to die at the end of the day from? I don't recall him mentioning such a thing.

R

rougebare

Since when did you change your name to Cantavanda? I wasn't talking about you here, but Cantavanda.
I think this is the one, I think it's safe to share because both you [Bingdom] and Cantavanda are going to be dead by day end. Mafia can't kill you if you're dead. So there's no point in chasing after either of you. There's also no point trying to lynch either of you.
The part I were curious in, a little editing for clairty in the quote.

Bingdom

Googledom
Oh, I thought you said that I said that Cantavanda was poisoned.

That's a little strange, as I am now Cantavanda's twin (He didn't say anything about being poisoned) and Roy and Cantavanda shouldn't have PM contact (as Roy lost his twin role)... unless they're mafia.
Since there are likely a few poison roles out here, it's likely multiple people would have been poisoned overnight.

I'm raising suspicions to Roy and Cantavanda.
Roy has been slippery with his writing and Cantavanda didn't reveal his switching potion that was swapped away from me.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
I don't understand all of this! :(
Guys, I have a theory that Roytheshort is a mafia member.
Notice how right at the start of the night I said "you will pay for this Roy"
If the mafia had killed roy that night, everyone would have suspected and lynchec me, a perfect cover-up for the mafia. But they didn't, that's because a mafia can't kill himself. Instead they went for someone without any suspicion (misu)

So yeah, I'm not 100% sure it's roy, but I do know that killing him in the night would be a perfect plan to make me look guilty, it was a test for the mafia when I posted that.

And roy just made up that I got poisoned and suspision and so on, without any proof or information about that.

I'm almost sure I'm going to vote for Roy this day, unless I get arguments against this, but it's still too soon to vote.

Bingdom

Googledom
If you let me die from poisoning, and you lynch a townie, there would be 4 members left. That would mean the mafia would win if there are only 2 mafia members.

R

rougebare

Technically, the mafia could choose to nightkill themselves... but it'd be a very stupid thing to do and would usually end up going against their win condition. (Gets a sudden reminder of Card Game Mafia...)

If I had to do a Roy and post a reasonless list, it'd likely be Roy, Cantavanda (Although I should note I don't think both of them are scum at this point.) Shawn, Darzoz and Bingdom. Obviously it's pointless to include myself in such a list, but I don't have any strong townreads.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I put people on lists but not at the top to get them to speak more
Uh. If that were true, wouldn't you have put Misu on the list somewhere? You explicitly said in your list post that you'd like to hear more from Misu. Why was he not on any list? Is he an exception for some reason?

If the mafia had killed roy that night, everyone would have suspected and lynchec me, a perfect cover-up for the mafia.
Not necessarily. That would have seemed like a very obvious blame game. However, we can't necessarily rule out Roy being mafia. Near the end of the first day, Roy had me on his list of suspects. First if amusudan flipped town. Why didn't the mafia kill them that night? Those are two reasons to kill Roy and leave the blame to two others. That doesn't prove Roy guilty though. The Mafia could easily be dancing around that, or they had a reason to not kill him, whatever that reason may be.

R

roytheshort

Well, he's an exception now because he's dead. I don't remember my reason at the time. But you can lynch me and it will confirm Shawn is scum if you want. (Townflip will show my copfail was true)

while I think of asking, Roy, did you get a role in return (i'm not asking what that role is, only if you got one) when your role was taken?
No. Whatever idiot took it will have to instantly reveal themselves or lose a role. Unless we all ignore the "I am stronger than Chuck Norris" post or whatever it is.

I'm almost sure I'm going to vote for Roy this day, unless I get arguments against this, but it's still too soon to vote.
What's the name of this? Where you act like "I'm going to vote for you but I'm not because that makes me look bad" sort of thing?

The Mafia didn't shoot me because I usually end up being an easy target for a lynch. It's really easy to convince people to vote for me. You don't shoot easy targets, that's why Cantavanda is still alive.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
What's the name of this? Where you act like "I'm going to vote for you but I'm not because that makes me look bad" sort of thing?

The Mafia didn't shoot me because I usually end up being an easy target for a lynch. It's really easy to convince people to vote for me. You don't shoot easy targets, that's why Cantavanda is still alive.
No I just wanted counter-arguments, and I got them now. So I'm not suspecting it anymore :p

R

roytheshort

No I just wanted counter-arguments, and I got them now. So I'm not suspecting it anymore :p
That's one of the flimsiest arguments I've ever made. Why would you do a full U-turn based on that?

Vote: Cantavanda

Honestly I'm so bad at this game I'm suspicious of people that trust me. If someone starts listening to me, something has gone very wrong.

Bingdom

Googledom
Are you both trying to hide that you aren't partnered or something by suspecting/voting towards each other?

R

rougebare

Err, I know I should have prob done this earlier, but truth be told, I completely forgot about it as i have no currently activate-able roles now, I also have an anti-rolecop role. I don't know who has the remaining diamond (Misu's role mentioned 3), but it might be worth passing one to me if you want to check me for Hoarder too. Ofc it's prob not worth doing this the same night as I attempt to see if Shawn has the role too.

Now I've got that slight aside out of the way. Now I want to go over my thoughts.

Firstly, I think right now, unless we REALLY think Bingdom is scum, it's likely better to cure him than leave him to his fate.

Secondly, Both Roy and Cantavanda are roughly equally high on my mafia-reads right now, currently, Canta is slightly more to me, but they keep switching for me. I don't want to go into too much detail here, in case I accidentally give one of them a way off the hook later. Needless to say, I'm keeping an eye on both of them.

Darzoz is rather idle right now, but that's all I have on her as it stands.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
But you can lynch me and it will confirm Shawn is scum if you want. (Townflip will show my copfail was true)
Confirm me as scum? I have no doubt that you most likely tried to cop me. I've told you why it failed. You being Town does not mean I'm scum. You certainly got defensive fast. While I might have to agree with Rougebare on Canta and Roy, I'm slightly leaning towards Roy now. He seems much more invested in this game than the last. Although I suppose that doesn't mean anything. You may just have better roles this round. It still feels suspicious.

Also, I'd like to point out that Canta has been fairly wish-washy on what he's doing. Just going with whatever someone else says. It's not much to go on, but I felt like I should throw that out there.

R

rougebare

For me the things today is likely to come down to are these questions:
Do we lynch Roy or Cantavanda? (Unless someone can come up with a better option than either, but i currently don't see any others.)
Do we cure Bingdom or let him die to the poision? (On this one I've already stated my opinion)
Who attempts to pass diamonds (Myself ot Shawn, unknown to me or both)?

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
For me the things today is likely to come down to are these questions:
Do we lynch Roy or Cantavanda? (Unless someone can come up with a better option than either, but i currently don't see any others.)
Do we cure Bingdom or let him die to the poision? (On this one I've already stated my opinion)
1. As i've stated before, I'm leaning towards Roy, but I'm very unsure.

2. I say we heal him... No sense in losing another town.

3. Go ahead and pass one to me. I want to rid myself of Roy's suspicion before he decides to kill me for no reason.

R

rougebare

(I think the votes are currently Roy voting for Canta and Canta voting for Roy.)

It's like they are playing pass the parcel with who I want to vote for atm... For now I kinda wanna see what responses I get from the three questions at the bottom of the last page, particularly from Bingdom and Darzoz.

R

roytheshort

I'll try copping someone tonight if I'm alive, who do you people recommend? Last night was just a disaster because of Shawn's role.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it was a one shot cop. Well, I have nothing of any use right now it seems.

Bingdom

Googledom
1. Roy is pretty slippery in his writing. He might be nervous about something. Cantavanda didn't reveal the switch potion he got from me, that was a bit scummy.
2. Please let me live :p
3. I've pretty much said my roles, but I wouldn't want to reveal my third (or fourth?) role until later on. I wanted to reveal my Judge role because it's the towniest role I have.

Edit:
I'm still not sure at this point, but the day is ending and no-lynch is a bad idea.

Vote: Cantavanda

Roy will likely be my next target, If Cantavanda turns out to be Mafia.

Last edited:
R

rougebare

It seems like the majority are in agreement that Bing should be cured. As for who to lynch, I've been going back and forth for a fair while, but it's coming up to crunch time. My plan is to go for Cantavanda, but i don't want to put him at H-1 until bing is cured, wouldn't want a mafia hammering to avoid that.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
They've both been pretty suspicious, but if the majority wants to vote for Canta, I'll switch my vote over. In the event that Canta is town, how do we approach the next day? We'll need to trod carefully.

Mercerenies

Day Activation!

Darzoz approaches Bingdom with her awesome doctor powers and lays a hand on his chest. Suddenly, Bingdom feels ten times better. It's as though he was never poisoned in the first place.

Bingdom has been cured.

--

Votals

Cantavanda (3) - Roy, Bingdom, Shawn
Roy (1) - Cantavanda

Four votes to lynch. Day 2 ends on Friday, March 24.

R

rougebare

I don't think there any way of sugar coating this Vote: Cantavnada. Had to pick one or the other, better than a no lynch.

Mercerenies

Votals
Cantavanda (4) - Roy, Bingdom, Shawn, Rougebare
Roy (1) - Cantavanda

After some strange bantering between Canta and Roy, the town decided to pick one of them. Flipping a coin, they chose Canta.

Canta was killed. He was town aligned.
Canta had one diamond. It will be available to claim at the start of the next day.
Canta's roles were:
* Switcher - During the day, you may select two players other than yourself. Those two players swap a single role. This can only be done once.
* Twins - You are a twin. You and your twin can communicate privately. You share one role other than this one. However, you do not know your twin's alignment or other roles.
* Helicopter - Each night, you may turn into a helicopter and fly one player of your choice far away. That player cannot perform any actions that night.
It is now night. Night 2 will end on Sunday, March 26.