Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

R

roytheshort

I'm telling you about the roles I made and the roles I had, Cantavanda. :/

M

Misu

I know one thing though...

Before the game (round 2) ever started, I submitted one role to Merc that goes by the name Dude Manrod...

R

rougebare

To try and put the first round aside, The coins from the merc-lynch day one pretty much did nothing for the town aside from giving mafia a free nightkill in my eyes, neither of the roles that were activated from the merc-lynch did anything to help the town.

To try it again, I'm not sure if he were just trying to get the same no-lynch like effect or just trying to divert attention, but neither push me in a good way.

Roy cannot know if all of his robbie rotten roles are in the game, unless all of them are successfully rolecopped (or the one third party role for them) but I'd err on the side of caution in case the third party role related to them is in play.

M

Misu

To try it again, I'm not sure if he were just trying to get the same no-lynch like effect or just trying to divert attention, but neither push me in a good way.
I dont think we can lynch the host anymore. Did you saw what Mercerenies previous update? ^

A

amusudan

Oh yeah we've got till saturday, who haven't we heard from yet?

EDIt: I was just trying to find out if it was possible I wouldn't have (and wouldn't have been able to) lynched him without discussing it first.

R

rougebare

The question is, why would you even wanna see if it is possible when it is possible it's generally a riskier no-lynch? We tried that gambit last round, and it didn't really help town, at all, my stance isn't changed.

R

roytheshort

How do you know there's four robbie rottens and nut just one?
That either confirms you don't have any of the Robbie Rotten roles or you're asking a question when you know the answer's at least two. I don't know, to tell you the truth. I'm just warning you a dangerous third party is possible and the way it becomes dangerous is by you using its roles.

I know one thing though...

Before the game (round 2) ever started, I submitted one role to Merc that goes by the name Dude Manrod...
Yeah, I have that role TWICE thanks to Rougebare and the Twins role. The Twins role duplicates one role and is meant to split it between two players but because of swapsies I have it twice, it happened to be your useless role. Thanks for that.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Okay, well. I'd like to take this time to do something. My role tells me someone here really wants something, but it does not tell me who. Does anyone here really want something. You do not need to say what you want. Just that you do, just to keep the thing safe from prying ears. You'll understand if you do.

Last edited:
R

roytheshort

Hey Shawn I heard Amusudan really wants something, why don't you shoot him at night?

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Wait. Bing claimed judge and asked about the jury? If there is a jury, what purpose do they have? A judge and jury could be anything. They might come in to play if we try to lynch someone, or it's something that we can just do? Can we call a trial? These roles may be very useful to the town, if we can figure them out.

Bingdom

Googledom
If there is a jury, what purpose do they have?
They can call either innocent or guilty. Innocent: all votes are neglected and cannot be voted to be lynched for the rest of the day. If guilty, immediately lynched.
During the trial, that player cannot be lynched, even if there is enough votes.
They might come in to play if we try to lynch someone
Yes.
Can we call a trial?
Only I can call a trial but only if they're one vote from being lynched. If a player who was found Innocent by a Jury, later dies and turns out to be mafia, I will be fired and will no longer be the Judge.

If the Jury dies, a random player would be selected to be the next Jury.

Basically, I can have some power to the voting system but it's risky.

Last edited:

Bingdom

Googledom
The main problem with this role though is that the mafia could be the Jury. That mafia would have control on their teammate being lynched.

Edit:
This results in the role being a bit useless. It's really not worth the risk unless we can really confirm the Jury is a townie. Even that, what's the point of running this if we are confirming that the target is mafia?

I'm only saying this because it sounds like the most townie role I have. Scan me if you don't believe me, but it's not worth it. The Jury knows what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I'm guessing whoever it is doesn't want to speak. That's fine. Would have been a major help to us, but I understand the risk. :\

R

rougebare

I know i wouldn't want to speak up if I were the Jury, especially now it's been revealed what happens should they die. If they are not mafia, mafia could easily pop off the head in hopes to get the jury head themselves (although that wasn't how i described it to Merc when I made the role, could have been tweaked or misunderstood somewhere along the line, so that's all i'm saying on that front).

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Understandable. Although I wasn't speaking of the jury. I agree with Bingdom on this. Unless we can confirm the jury as town, there is no way we should try to call a trial. Too messy if the Mafia is the Jury. I was speaking of the person my role hints at :/

R

rougebare

Oh, sorry, if it's shiny, i wouldn't say no to them. (This is all i'm saying, as it's risky as you said.)

R

roytheshort

Who deletes posts in a Mafia thread? Cantavanda's post could have been an activation, literally anything could be an activation or a role in this game.

R

roytheshort

(I reported Canta's post because I know the roles that are being used and was aware that it was not an activation. While I enjoy running games and try to be pretty lenient, I do not approve of my game topics being used for blatant self-advertising.)
I can meta-game from this, this information confirms none of the roles are related in any way to Cantvanda's stuff he wants to advertise!

Mercerenies

I can meta-game from this, this information confirms none of the roles are related in any way to Cantvanda's stuff he wants to advertise!
No, the information confirms that either none of the roles are related to Canta's YouTube channel OR that there is a role that requires me to report a post to be deleted and then contend that no day activation was performed.

Bingdom

Googledom
The day is getting pretty close towards night time. It's not a good Idea to give the mafia a free kill. Still no cops?

I'm still not sure who to vote for at this point.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I'm sort of leaning towards amusudan in the event that we gain no more evidence, but only due to the past reasons. No new evidence has really been given. I think I'm still voted on him, right, Merc?

R

rougebare

You are Shawn, along with Misu and myself, he's currently at H-2. I really don't have much more to add at this moment either, was hoping there'd be a bit more happening at the moment, but nothing has happened that has changed or added to my current thoughts on the day.

M

Misu

Well there is still Darzoz and Bingdom to decide but other than that, I guess there is nothing much to add when everything is this quiet and nothing new coming up. I guess we just have to wait and pay attention to the game.
Oh yeah and Cantavanda too. I almost forgot about him.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
I don't want to vote on anyone without any evidence, but again, I don't want to give the mafia a free kill. I don't want to do at random because I might make someone angry or sad! Dunno what to do!!!

R

rougebare

The lynch is the town's biggest weapon against the mafia, it'd be foolish not to use it, even if we don't necessarily hit true.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Won't Amusudan be sad if we lynch him just for the sake of lynching someone? It makes me feel bad :<
I mean he could be mafia or not, I have no idea. But I dislike the idea of random lynches. But the game isn't really progressing in any way, so maybe a random lynch is needed.

R

roytheshort

I'm concerned as to why amusudan would vote for someone he also chose to protect. Unless he was forced to choose Canta, which is a possibility considering his next post was "I must really like Cantavanda" However, He was very quick to jump on the bandwagon. I agree that we should do something about it. If anyone has a rolecop or something that would be nice, until then:

Vote: amusudan
Now I think about it, if amusudan has a protection role, and he used it on Cantavanda, this wouldn't be productive if he was town or Mafia. We're also lynching someone who potentially has a chance to protect other townies. Rougebare did say it could be a sort of anti-town protection, but if no-one has a rolecop, this does seem like the only way to find out.

Lynch is better than no lynch, and I don't want to cause a no lynch since that damages town's chances. I'm getting a slight-scum read from Shawn right now. If I had a rolecop I'd check him at night.

I'd say Rougebare too, but Rougebare made it clear he didn't want to vote for Cantavanda today because of the consequences.

Won't Amusudan be sad if we lynch him just for the sake of lynching someone? It makes me feel bad :<
I mean he could be mafia or not, I have no idea. But I dislike the idea of random lynches. But the game isn't really progressing in any way, so maybe a random lynch is needed.
On the other hand, if amusudan does flip Mafia, I'd check Cantavanda at night. He's hesitant to lynch, if he were scum and amusudan was town I doubt he'd think twice about lynching amus. So a town flipping amusudan gives me town read for Cantavanda.

Anyway, currently I'd put scumreads as follows:

1) Cantavanda
2) Amusudan
3) Shawn

IF AMUSUDAN FLIPS TOWN

1) Shawn
2) Bingdom
3) Rougebare

IF AMUSUDAN FLIPS MAFIA

1) Cantavanda
2) Bingdom

Misu I'm neutral on and I'd like to hear more from.

R

rougebare

Flip is when someone reveals their alignment on death, a read is a general feeling of someone's alignment and scum is an alias for mafia.

I'm not fond of the simple list roy gave simply due ot no reasoning. I don't wanna give him reasoning though.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
amusadan, I hope you forgive me for throwing you out of the game. I don't want to risk my reputation of you coincidentially turn out to be mafia. I'm sorry that you have to stop playing so soon, I would hate dying so soon, but you will come back in round 3!! :D

vote: amusudan

I'm already gonna prepare my bedsheets for night one, goodnight everyone!
(and right after this post I will litirally go to sleep IRL too)

Mercerenies

Votals
amusudan (5) - Shawn, Misu, Rougebare, Roy, Canta

After a lengthy deliberation period, the adventurers determine that amusudan is evil and must be destroyed. Fashioning a makeshift noose out of nearby vines, the town lynches amusudan, whose last words are "I was just a lonely eel lover! I never hurt anybody!"

amusudan has died.
amusudan was town-aligned.
amusudan's roles
* Purifier - Each night, you may select a player (including yourself) and purify them. Purifying a player removes any ancient curses or poisons placed upon them. If you remove a curse or poison in this way, the player is given a one-shot bulletproof as a reward.
* The 'eeler - You have an obsession with eels. Every player has been given some number of eels. Each night you may select a player and lure any eels away from them, even dead players. If you collect ten eels, you may publicly unleash an Eelnado. The Eelnado scrambles the targets of any actions performed for the rest of the day and the following night.
* Cute Girl Obsessed - You are obsessed with cantavanda and really want to impress them. Each day, you must do exactly one of the following three things to impress them or you will die. You may only do each thing once, and if the game goes on longer than three days, you have sufficiently impressed them and can stop. If cantavanda dies, you are no longer responsible for impressing them.
1. Buy them a gift - You give cantavanda a beautifully wrapped box with a single-use gun in it. They can fire this gun during the night.
2. Hire a clown to entertain them - You hire someone to perform for them. They will be so busy batting away the clown that they cannot vote for the rest of that day.
3. Declare that they are yours - No one else can lay a finger on cantavanda! No one! Anyone who uses a day activation targeting them that day after you declare this will fail.
It is now night. Night 1 will end on Sunday, March 19.

Bingdom

Googledom
I knew the suspicions were too harsh. That's why I said I wasn't sure on who to vote for previously, despite the number of accusations. I didn't want to say much, in case he was actually the mafia.

Mercerenies

Day 2

The town awakens to the sight of Misu's unfortunate corpse, bullet-ridden in the middle of the swamp, his eels having long since fled the scene. However, what catches everyone's eye is the pair of shiny diamonds sitting beside him.

Misu has died. There are two diamonds sitting next to his body.
Misu was town aligned. His roles were
* Diamonds - You begin the game with three diamonds. At night, you may give diamonds to other players, who can pass them onto anyone else. Every time a diamond changes hands, the receiver gets a one-shot rolecop. A player can only receive one rolecop per night in this way. If a player who has diamonds dies, the diamonds will be found on their corpse and can be claimed by anyone during the day. But beware; there is a Hoarder who, upon being given a diamond, will kill the gifter and steal their diamonds.
* Digger - Each night, you will go exploring and find an ancient treasure. You may break this treasure or pass it onto someone else, who will be given the same options. Breaking it will grant you a useful one-shot ability but has a small chance of unleashing an ancient curse upon you. If you are cursed, you will die at the end of the next night (not the current night) unless someone cures you of it.
* Camera - You have a camera at your house, but it only has enough battery to last one night. One night, you may turn your camera on. If the mafia tries to nightkill you on that night, the nightkill will fail and the person responsible will be identified publicly the next day. You may only do this once.
It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end on Friday, March 24.
There are six players alive. Four votes to lynch.
* Shawn Basnett
* rougebare
* cantavanda
* roytheshort
* Darzoz
* Bingdom
Day 2 start.