• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

R

roytheshort

I'm pretty certain all of Cantavanda's roles are useless right now. So on balance of usefulness and scumminess, I'm inclined to vote for him. Previously I had a plan (detailing this plan involves role claiming, so I'm kind of in an awkward situation for this), but since we know Bingdom can't do that I want to be certain the role PM isn't in use. Unless anyone wants Cantvanda townfirmed? Again, no easy way to deal with this situation.

Vote: Cantvavanda

A

amusudan

I'm pretty certain all of Cantavanda's roles are useless right now. So on balance of usefulness and scumminess, I'm inclined to vote for him. Previously I had a plan (detailing this plan involves role claiming, so I'm kind of in an awkward situation for this), but since we know Bingdom can't do that I want to be certain the role PM isn't in use. Unless anyone wants Cantvanda townfirmed? Again, no easy way to deal with this situation.

I agree, lets kill Canta.

Vote: Cantavanda

R

rougebare

Hmm, I'm kinda surprised at how readily amusudan went along with that considering his past activation. I'm not inclined to end the day just yet especially as discussion is going on right now. I have to a agree though that i'd likely go for cantavanda if i had to pick somone though.

R

rougebare

Mafia's don't needbe have to have strong roles. I'd argue my jumper role could have let me get away with being alot more obviously scummy last game, but the way the game worked out, most my roles ended up being dead roles, heck even our built in bulletproofs turned out to be useless. Anyhow, I'm digressing.

Here's my rundown on my thoughts on everyone (other than myself, that read isnt' helpful to anyone), in no particular order. And at this stage, no reads are gonna be super strong.

Misu: Very neutral read, mostly due to his quietness.
Roy: Probably got the short end of my shuffle-stick. Slight town-read.
Bingdom: Also rather quiet, but the posts he has made contribute slightly more than Misu. Not overly fond of his immediate Judge-claim, but I know his reasons here (as I made the role in question)
amusdan: Not quite sure what to make of protecting Cantavanda one moment, then voting on them the next. Seems rather... conflicting.
Cantavanda: The vast majority of his posts are single statements, without a huge amount of explaination. Comes across as him trying to hide something. It'd be practically a one way trip to publiclly prove yourself to be working in the interests of mafia, but I were merely expressing my thoughts on how my shuffle worked. I might have accidently messed up Roy's plan, but he's not townfirm (he's my strongest town-read though).
Shawn and Darzoz: Yet to hear from them at all, I'd like to hear at least something before we end the day.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
Cantavanda: The vast majority of his posts are single statements, without a huge amount of explaination. Comes across as him trying to hide something. It'd be practically a one way trip to publiclly prove yourself to be working in the interests of mafia, but I were merely expressing my thoughts on how my shuffle worked. I might have accidently messed up Roy's plan, but he's not townfirm (he's my strongest town-read though).
If you look at my post history in the forum, you will notice I often post short (dumb) phrases with bad spelling everywhere. It's just my way of talking, not a role.

R

roytheshort

Wouldnt mafias have strong roles? Right now Cantavanda possibly have 2 near useless roles...
Useless for town but useful for Mafia, I think. Bingdom has publicly stated his roles are useless, here's a breakdown...

ROLES:
Roy: Twins, Dude Manrod, two other roles.
Cantavanda: Twins, Dude Manrod (The muscly role), two other roles.
Bingdom: All Useless Roles, some sort of Judge? Although not a cop.

Banana Peel

ROLES:

Roy: Dude Manrod, Dude Manrod AGAIN (This is the role where I have to say I'm really muscly or I lose my roles except Dude Manrod, two other roles.
Cantavanda: Twins, something from Bingdom, two other roles. (So two useless roles out of four.)
Bingdom: Twins, two lots of useless. Again, Judge or something?

So yeah, two useless roles on all of us apparently. Although I can think of a potential use for having two sets of Dude Manrod, it's really kind of a stretch.
Either way, I steal Bingdom's wig. Because anything is possible in this game.

M

Misu

I agree, lets kill Canta.

Vote: Cantavanda
The last time I saw someone jump on a bandwagon like that was Rougebare from the last round we played... and he turned out to be mafia.

Its kinda like a way where you are in the middle of the ocean filled with sharks and a boat appeared randomly out of nowhere. You simply go after the boat to stay away from the sharks.

Is this some kind of way to move on from Day 1 immediately while getting away from not getting lynched?

@amusudan , do you have a reason why you felt like Roy's explanation for his vote was a good idea?

Although I kinda do want to lynch Canta but I felt like this is too soon to make these kind of decisions and we are only a week away before end of Day 1. We still got a few days to hear what others say and what can we get from them, plus Darzoz and Shawn has not posted yet so we need to know what they have to say first. Lets keep our eyes open before making any decision.

R

roytheshort

Could be a terrible attempt at bussing. Also, Canta, I just gave you an explanation. Your roles are garbage and you have one which is potentially dangerous for town if scum has it (Twins). If you don't want me to vote for you, come up with someone better.

M

Misu

Hey, guys!

I just talked to Darzoz on Discord and apparently she is not even playing this round.

So I guess its just shawn left to talk, unless he is not playing at all. Not sure.

R

rougebare

My list was based on this post along with merc's 8 player count, which would include Darzoz (everyone else is 7), in any case she should have said something before the start of the game (as last words here were that she was up for round 2.) Now it could cause issues if she has a role that is really... needed...

UGH, this is a mess.

M

Misu

Now it could cause issues if she has a role that is really... needed...
UGH, this is a mess.
Um... no because the host of this game is the one who assigns the modifications done. If Darzoz is not playing, she would not have any profile at all nor any PM at all. So I dont see how she can get a role.

If you meant by getting a role from beginning of game that can benefit townies, I probably doubt, also that the chances she could have been assign as townie or mafia.

R

rougebare

Misu (1), Roytheshort (2), Shawn (3), Bingdom(4), Cantavanda(5), amusdan (6) and myself (7).

At start of day 1 Merc mentioned 8 people being alive. We missing one if we exclude Darzoz from the count. And it's not good unless she happened to get 3P, it's a mess if she's mafia (as it swings balance in town favor, especially with the roles that tend to come here) and it's a mess if she's town (as she might have a role that saves town from a nasty mafia/3P role, not to mention pushing mafia closer to their win condition.)

EDIT: I don't really want to discuss this further until Merc steps in here, it's more in his area to handle situations like this unfortuneatly.

A

amusudan

I only protected Canta because I had to do it once, and it's better to do it now rather than having to do it later when/if we find out that he's mafia.

And I'd lynch him, because as I stated in the same post, I agree with Roy's reasoning.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Sorry, Guys. I don't have wifi over the weekend. Hard to keep up on only my phone.

What is even going on? I miss like one day and everything falls apart.

Anyone have any good questions/comments?

M

Misu

Misu (1), Roytheshort (2), Shawn (3), Bingdom(4), Cantavanda(5), amusdan (6) and myself (7).

At start of day 1 Merc mentioned 8 people being alive. We missing one if we exclude Darzoz from the count. And it's not good unless she happened to get 3P, it's a mess if she's mafia (as it swings balance in town favor, especially with the roles that tend to come here) and it's a mess if she's town (as she might have a role that saves town from a nasty mafia/3P role, not to mention pushing mafia closer to their win condition.)

EDIT: I don't really want to discuss this further until Merc steps in here, it's more in his area to handle situations like this unfortuneatly.
Well On discord, I tried bumping Darzoz to see if she is going to play the game and she told me she isnt; she didnt received any PM or role at all.

Now this leads to two different ideas:

1. Darzoz is pretending to not play as part of a personal role established in the game.
2. Maybe the 8th person is Mercerenies... Almost as if its part of some sort of third party or something...

R

rougebare

Or it's simply a typo by @Mercerenies somewhere along the line. Gonna let him respond first before I discuss this further, as this might just end up being a waste of time.

I'll probibly come up with some questions in the meantime, but I'll wait for a bit, we have time :)

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Mmkay, after rereading through what I missed, I'd like to say a few things.

That is false, I had the role before you. You are lying. It only says the usual rule about screenshots. Like I said, cop each other and then it's useful to town. If you don't trust him, refrain from using the PM at all.
I don't entirely understand this, but if Bing is lying about a role that Roy already knows, that makes him sort of suspicious. Why would he need to lie about what he can do? Unless I've misread the situation.

This one is especially interesting. Canta hasn't really contributed anything helpful to the conversation, mostly just small comments and such. The fact that he hasn't really attempted to contribute makes him look scummy. I sorta think we should vote for him as well.

R

rougebare

I don't entirely understand this, but if Bing is lying about a role that Roy already knows, that makes him sort of suspicious. Why would he need to lie about what he can do? Unless I've misread the situation.
This was a simple miscommunication between the two regarding a certain rule, don't think there is a huge amount to be gleaned unless you think Bing is lying about his Judge-claim.
This one is especially interesting. Canta hasn't really contributed anything helpful to the conversation, mostly just small comments and such. The fact that he hasn't really attempted to contribute makes him look scummy. I sorta think we should vote for him as well.
Pretty much my thoughts as well, although you likely saw that on my roundup. He hasn't since done much to convince me that he's not currently the best lynch.

M

Misu

Just because Cantavanda seems useless throughout Day 1, we should lynch him?

That sounds like a not so smart move.

Just to point out that sometimes, people who seem to contribute can be mafia as well (EG: rougebare from round 1).

But I do have to agree, just doing small talk and not providing anything supportive could mean he is trying to avoid talking too much to become the suspicious one.
Right now, not contributing already makes you (Canta) suspicious. However it could also mean that he is not good at playing mafia games and is just going with the flow on this one. Just a reminder that its his second time playing (first time was on round 1).

However, if we are going to vote on Cantavanda, then I guess it is worth a shot. But first, I want to know what Merc has got to say about the 8th player in this game.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
This was a simple miscommunication between the two regarding a certain rule, don't think there is a huge amount to be gleaned unless you think Bing is lying about his Judge-claim.
Oops, My bad, alrighty.

But first, I want to know what Merc has got to say about the 8th player in this game.
We probably should, but if it was part of the game, do you think he would really comment on it. He answers to pm's, however he hasn't said a word on here. I don't believe this was a typo, or he would have stated so by now.

Mercerenies

My mistake!

So something happened... I'm not sure what, but it's entirely my fault. Darzoz is a player in this game, and she has roles on my local roster on my computer, but apparently I neglected to send her a role PM. Entirely my mistake. I've sent her a role PM. If she wants to play in Round 2, she's more than welcome. If she would like not to, I'll try to balance the game around it somehow.

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
There's nothing else happening then people turning on me currently so that doesn't really give me the chance to contribute.
And remember previous game where I also didn't contribute at all, but I didn't turn out to be mafia?

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
There's nothing else happening then people turning on me currently so that doesn't really give me the chance to contribute.
And remember previous game where I also didn't contribute at all, but I didn't turn out to be mafia?
That doesn't quite give you the excuse to not contribute again...

(Also why would you agree to lynch someone you really like?)
This actually brings forth a good point. If we try to hang Canta, won't something bad happen to us? And if amusudan tries to kill him... What happens to amusudan? Does he harm himself?

R

rougebare

I said I'd do some questions, but honestly I don't really think there are many to ask other than the generic catch alls of who would you lynch/protect if you had to choose now. I don't really feel there quite enough to root useful questions in right now.

But looking back, my thoughts have slightly changed regarding Canta-lynch. We don't know what kind of protection Canta has, but (assuming he isn't mafia) it might prove a deterrant for him to be nightkilled. Do we want to risk that protection hitting whoever throws the hammer? At this point, Canta isn't my strongest lynch candiate, the more I think of it, the more I dislike the combination of the protection and then voting done by amusdan, especially considering the reasoning being essentially "Yeah, what you said." I can't discount the validity of Roy's reasoning for his Cantavanda vote, but it's smelling fishily like a trap to me, so for me it's time to vote:amusdan

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
I'm concerned as to why amusudan would vote for someone he also chose to protect. Unless he was forced to choose Canta, which is a possibility considering his next post was "I must really like Cantavanda" However, He was very quick to jump on the bandwagon. I agree that we should do something about it. If anyone has a rolecop or something that would be nice, until then:

Vote: amusudan

M

Misu

I actually agree with the explanation Rougebare provided. I did notice that amusudan suddenly jumped into a bandwagon by Roy, and his (roy) explanation seems like as if it were to say "you have a useless role, then you are mafia". I clearly explained on a previous post that the probabilities of that being possible is minimum, especially when Cantavanda is still new to this game. His behaviour or way of playing is not adaptive yet. Just jumping into a bandwagon without providing a good explanation, other than "Because exactly what he said." makes me feel more like that is a bit scummy.

Therefore... vote: amusudan

Mercerenies

Votals
Canta (2) - Roy, Amusudan
Amusudan (3) - Shawn, Misu, Rougebare

Five votes to lynch.
Day 1 ends on Saturday, March 18.

Last edited:
A

amusudan

Huh it look like I might die, that's unfortunate.

I like how you're all voting for because I was quick to vote, and now you're all very eager to vote me :p.

I can assure you that I only voted for Canta because I agreed with Roy's reasoning, but if that somehow makes me a target (why not Roy?) then I guess I will have to try to save myself from being lynched.

Unvote

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
We have reasoning to vote for you. We aren't voting for you because you voted Canta, we're voting on you because you very quickly just agreed and voted. As if you were just going along with it to lynch someone that you knew wasn't mafia. Roy is suspicious because he gave reasoning, rather than just saying "I agree"

R

rougebare

Indeed, Roy gave decent reasoning, while you simply piggybacked onto it, not really even attempting to add anything other than the vote. If anything how you phrased your Unvote post makes me more suspicious.

A

amusudan

So agreeing with someone makes me suspicious? I had nothing to add to what had already been said by Roy. But I guess I made a beginners mistake or something, I'll be sure to express my reasoning more in-depth in the future.

R

roytheshort

I'd just like to point out Darzoz is either Town or a One-person Mafia or Third Party because of the PM mixup. Either way, they aren't in a shared PM. If we lynch a Mafia and the game continues, Darzoz has to be confirmed town (or tp, at a stretch) because it proves there isn't a One-person Mafia.

A

amusudan

I'm pretty certain all of Cantavanda's roles are useless right now. So on balance of usefulness and scumminess, I'm inclined to vote for him.
If anyone wants to know before lynching me, this is mostly why I agreed with Roy, and the whole PM business; if Canta is mafia then the PM can only end badly for the town, if he isn't then he still has useless roles.

A

amusudan

I'd just like to point out Darzoz is either Town or a One-person Mafia or Third Party because of the PM mixup. Either way, they aren't in a shared PM. If we lynch a Mafia and the game continues, Darzoz has to be confirmed town (or tp, at a stretch) because it proves there isn't a One-person Mafia.
Now we only need to find out who the mafia is

Mercerenies

Votals
Canta (1) - Roy
amusudan (3) - Shawn, Misu, Rougebare

amusudan's vote had no effect...

Five votes to lynch.
Day 1 ends on Saturday, March 18.

R

roytheshort

We seriously lynching the mod again? We know how well that went first time round. I really don't like the fact you're trying to divert attention to voting for the game admin. (which doesn't actually work) Also it looks like you're bussing Canta, kind of? I'm not really sure.

How do you even know my roles are useless? I have no idea where he got that info. Not everyone has the same amount of roles I think.
I got that info because you literally swapped roles with someone who declared their roles useless, and I started with two of the same roles as you. All of which were completely useless. Unless you have a lot of roles, in which case I'm mistaken. Don't give me roleclaims as a response to this. I'm not changing my vote yet, we've still got until Saturday and it's hammer if I change to amusudan.

Also I know there are 4 Robbie Rotten roles spread around, those are useful. But for reasons relating to a third party winning if you use them, it's not a good idea. (Unless Merc put the roles in, but not the related Third Party win condition. You have to account for everything in this game.) But the third party needs 3/4 of the roles used to win, so 1 more are safe to use.

The "A Little Lesson" role is one I'd highly recommend using right now, as it either causes a townfirm or insta-kills the Mafia. Heck, I think you can even use it on yourself. The others are just kind of chaotic and mostly useless. Especially the Cage. Which I'll warn you now, instantly kills the next person who posts after it. The Net is only really useful if you know a Mafia member and they've got dangerous day activations, otherwise it's counterproductive.

These are all one use, so as soon as someone knows you have them, it's too late for them to get rid of them.