1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mercerenies, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Shawn Basnett

Shawn Basnett Discount Dev

I'm inclined to wait for others to post more before I start making any accusations, as I don't really have any mafia reads just yet.

2. Cantavanda

Cantavanda 〜Flower Prince〜

I don't really know what to say How does a mafia game even continue without anyone doing anything crazy?

3. Shawn Basnett

Debate. Talk about your roles. Discuss with others about things that have happened.

4. amusudan

amusudan Lousiest of Potatoes

Now that's crazy!

5. rougebare

rougebare Member

Or if you don't want to talk about your roles, talk about the ones that are publicly known, or claimed.

6. Mercerenies

Mercerenies Member

Votals
    Rougebare (2) - Misu, Fel666
    Misu (1) - amusudan

Four votes to lynch.
    Day 1 ends on Thursday, April 6.

7. roytheshort

roytheshort The Village Idiot

Can we not lynch Rougebare just because he's a good player? It's such a stupid reason, oh wow, he was not town the past two games and got away with it. If he's town you're killing a valuable player and screwing up everything. He's good at playing town as well as being good at playing scum. Heck, even lynch me instead if you want. I'd rather you lynch me than him.

If you guys really want I can cop rougebare at night, he's a useful player. I'm perfectly capable of defending myself for one night, after which I don't need to be defended anyway because I won't have the cop.

Vote: Misu for starting that argument literally one post after day starts.

8. rougebare

rougebare Member

I'm glad I looked at the new post before I posted what I was going to post, I was also going to cast my vote at that moment, but I'm thankful I haven't unintentionally put a player at H-1 simply by manner of poor timing. Misu is the one person I want to hear from most, since the first post of the round, he's been completely silent.

I can't really add more here without repeating myself from my previous posts, but honestly Misu-lynch is looking attractive, but again, I'd rather not cut the day short.

9. Misu

Misu The forum's immigrant

Its attractive indeed. (sorry for the late post. I had my mind on other interest than this game)

I DID mentioned before the game started that I was gonna be more careless with my actions. To be honest, I didnt really wanted to play this round at all since I got sick of it, but I am playing anyway. And what's the best way to start a round 3 while being sick of it? A backfire to get everyone to burst into discussion. Wanted to see everyones reaction caused by my quick post; it was too tempting yet risky. My fake act revealed us something though. It caused Fel666 to jump into a bandwagon without providing any real good reasons. He only mentioned one reason...

After that he never contributed anything in the game much except point out other people's statement and roleplaying. Perhaps it was part of a cat role maybe but I want to know why @Fel666 you think that was a good idea to lynch rougebare... oh wait, I can just do this...

vote: Fel666

Speak up, mortal!

Oh and sorry rouge (I still hate the way you play mafia though)

10. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

You are not the first to enquire about my post.

I shall therefore explain myself, much how you explained yourself.
    In the end, your vote does not matter until everyone else has voted, since you can change your vote.

By voting early with not much reason, I was hoping to spark more conversation. Why would anyone say anything incriminating or otherwise if they are not in danger.
    By voting rougebar we put pressure on rougebar. And, if he is part of Mafia, we put pressure on other mafia members. That would increase the chances of Rougebar accidentally saying something to reveal who he is.

It is a pretty standard way to open a game of Mafia (or werewolf, as I used to play it).

I think I already stated before that my vote was to encourage more discussion.
    Perhaps was it effective?
    I will now withdraw my vote. Not much point having it now.

Unvote rougebar.

11. Cantavanda

Fel I would like to know more about that meowing, why did you do that?

12. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

I was compelled to by my being a cat.

Shawn Basnett likes this.
  13. Cantavanda

And there's nothing deeper to it?

14. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Im a cat.

15. amusudan

Unvote Misu

16. Shawn Basnett

Uh. That's an interesting response. Although I sorta understand why you answered that way.

Although it does feel as if it's cutting the day short, i do feel inclined to vote for someone. Not much more conversation can be had without doing something. I still stand by my read on Misu, he was just being reckless.

I'm actually leaning towards either Fel or amusudan, however, I'm leaning slightly more on the penguin, only due to the cat curse. So I'm going to go ahead and place my vote now.

Vote: amusudan

17. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Well, That's literally my role. I'm just a cat... that must meow.
    What else did you expect me to say? That I have the power to summon a deamon army to overrun the town? hahaha... nooo, that would be way OP... :duck:

18. amusudan

Just because I am not a cat you are voting for me? :<

19. Shawn Basnett

You miss the point, Penguin. I'm not voting for you because you're not a ca, I'm voting for you because Fel is <3.

But in all seriousness, I realize the flaws in my logic. Being that if Fel is mafia, the cat role definitely won't help the town. I need some sleep, that never occurred to me for some reason.

Unvote

20. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

naw thanks.

21. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Hang on, The rules state that over 1/2 of votes are needed to lynch. (so its not the Person with most vote, but person with over 1/2 votes). Does that mean its possible for no one to get lynched? or do we need to come to an agreement? (Previous games i have played the Game master would get us to agree before going the night).

22. Mercerenies

Mercerenies Member

Voting Clarification

If a player accumulates four votes before the deadline, that player is lynched and the day ends immediately. If the deadline (Thursday, April 6, in this case) is reached before a majority is hit, the day ends and nobody is lynched.

(A lot of times, when you're playing Werewolf/Mafia in person, the town will have sufficient time to agree on a lynch. But I find that the deadline variant works better in online versions of the game.)

GMWolf likes this.
  23. rougebare

rougebare Member

Personally, despite saying earlier a Misu-lynch was tempting, I'm also inclined to see how the mark on him plays out, which requires him living into the night, likewise, I'd rather not throw away Roy's one-shot alignment cop, as he cannot use it if he dies before the night, and he's inclined to advocate a lynch on someone other than myself. I'd like to see how amusdan's claimed role plays out, I'm phrasing it like this simply as i don't want to reveal too much about it right now, as I suspect another of my roles is in the game. I can't say more without potentially causing inadvertent chaos.

Of the remaining three (Shawn, fel666 and Cantavanda) I don't really have a great pick.
    Cantavanda is being short, consisice and mostly fluffy (not hugely relevant/useful info for those not knowing what 'fluff' refers to in mafia) posts, but that's rather consistant for what Cantavanda usually does.
    fel666 is fairly obviously rather new at the game, so should be easier to catch out if he is mafia. (I mean no offense here)
    Shawn is often very active in discussions, but is likely the most dangerous of the three if he is mafia. He's also potentially the most useful person to have around to bounce discussion off of, especially if he is town.

24. Shawn Basnett

Tell that to anyone else.

I do believe that a misu lynch really won't be that beneficial. For the same reasons that Ive stated before. I honestly don't have a great pick either. My list from earlier still stands. I'm hoping to hear more from amusudan, and maybe Misu and Roy. I'll be going offline soon today. (3:30 CST) So unless anything happens to upset the peace in the next 2ish hours, I may not have much more to say for the rest of today.

I would like to ask though, Roy, does the kick mean anything for me mechanically?

25. amusudan

What'd you like to hear?

I have a role, that requires another townie to be guaranteed to work, and it can grant me a cop, a role cop, a vigilante, and a doctor.

But first I need another townie otherwise I might not receive anything.

26. roytheshort

If I told you what the kick did you could avoid its affects, that is not my intention. Especially if you're Mafia.

27. Shawn Basnett

I'd recommend Rougebare.

Alright, fair enough.

28. rougebare

rougebare Member

Well guys, it's crunch time, we need to decide who to lynch.

Like I said in my last post I don't feel like there is a good choice, but of the three i outlined, I'd have to go with Cantavanda. I don't have any strong reads in either direction on anyone. My second choice would be fel, and then Shawn. My thoughts are still unchanged by the activity between my last two posts.

For now at least, I'm going to Vote:Cantavanda

29. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

In want to hear more from Roy and misu.
    Roy has been very quiet. And we still don't know what his taking aim does. (Though, seeing how strange the roles are, I doubt he about to simply shoot someone).

As for Misu. Yes, he was being reckless, but that doesn't mean hes not mafia. Voting like that is risky whether you are Mafia or Townsfolk. So he's not off my list for now.
    Cantavanda also didn't say much, but unlike Roy or misu, he hasn't really done much either, so I don't know.

As for rougebar, even though he always stated the good of the town, he did seem quite defensive when targeted. Though that doesn't say much either.

I think I have Roy and Misu in sight for now. But again, not voting just yet.

[Edit]
    If he is not lying, the 'another' implies he is townfolk. Also, I doubt a Mafia would need a cop. Then again, he could be lying about his role (is this allowed). Either way, I think you crossed the line with role reveal here, as it kinda breaks the game.
    Either way, you're not on my list... For now.:p

30. Shawn Basnett

Personally, I don' know if the 'another' is a valid way to excuse him as townie. That may just be him dancing on words. I'm still a little suspicious of amusudan and Fel, but That aside, Cantavanda really hasn't contributed much to today, although that isn't entirely unlike him. I'm still inclined to vote for someone, however and Canta has been the least helpful so far. I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Cantavanda

31. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

That is true. He could more dastardly than I think. Still not really on my list.
    I'm still curious about Roy.

32. Shawn Basnett

I'm curious about Roy as well, the kick confuses me, but hey, if I die, you'll have a good idea at who to point fingers at. *cough cough.* Unless the mafia decide to kill me. Eh. Either way, I'll have to wait the kick out and see what happens.

33. Mercerenies

Mercerenies Member

Votals
    Misu (1) - roytheshort
    Fel666 (1) - Misu
    Cantavanda (2) - rougebare, Shawn Basnett

Four votes to lynch.
    Day 1 ends on Thursday, April 6.

34. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Is that morning or afternoin?

35. Shawn Basnett

Typically whenever Merc get's online. Roughly around 9:00 AM CST.

36. rougebare

rougebare Member

I trust amusdan has the role, but I'm not using it alone soley to say he's town. While doctor is very pro-town, a vigilante can be very anti-town. In that respect I'm probibly the best canditate as i know what the items do... (although if you see one, you might be able to guess as i were feeling nostalgic when i made it...)

37. Cantavanda

I just don't know what to say. I have nothing to contribute to talking about roles and I have nothing to say about what happens, it's been like this every game. I tried saying things by inspecting the meows but it seems you guys don't care about that. I have no negative or positive feelings about anyone, it's all neutral to me.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  38. roytheshort

Can we lynch someone? Anyone? Even me at this point. Any lynch is better than no lynch.

39. rougebare

rougebare Member

I don't really feel there is a good choice to be made.. but No Lynch, while we can get away with it day 1, it's really really not a good idea. I've already explained my 3 i'd choose between, and unfortunately - it's much better to lynch someone. I can emphasize canta, I don't have any strong reads one way or the other either, if you have a good reason for me to shift to fel or shawn on my vote, by all means share it. For now, it's much better to have a lynch than no lynch.

40. roytheshort

Unvote, Vote: Cantavanda

Eh, better than nothing.

41. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Why is that? We have a higher chance of lynching a townfolk than a mafiosi, no?
    I must be missing something.

42. roytheshort

Because lynching is the only guaranteed form of townkill, Mafia always have a kill at night. If Town avoids using its ability to daykill then Mafia has a guaranteed win because Town literally doesn't kill anyone. (Excluding non-lynch town daykills and nightkills, but they have the same chance of hitting another town. Town should ALWAYS use its daykill)

43. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Ah yes. Makes total sense.

44. amusudan

Well then, I guess we should go for a lynch.

Vote: Cantavanda

@Mercerenies

45. Misu

Misu The forum's immigrant

@Fel666 Thats because he was refering to a comparison between a lynch and a no lynch. Usually No Lynch means we dont risk a kill... but we will lose a townie during a night anyway. Lynch is a risk but its possibly our only way to stopping the mafia.

Also, lynching Cantavanda just because he has nothing to say or cant think critically seems like too much of a push when you have several other people who definitely are more suspicious than him. I already know who to point out (in order of most suspicious)

1. Fel666
    2. roytheshort

These two did behave too odd when it comes to voting. Fel666 and his immidiate bandwagon jump, and roy's careless actions along with also how he quickly decided to vote on Cantavanda after realizing people are more convinced to getting him lynched. Sounds more like they are trying to get away with Day1. Also, I believe Rougebare did knew about the activation Roy did in the beginning (aiming at me). So I hope to know what this is actually.

My theories here are...

if Cantavanda is indeed Mafia, then Roytheshort and Shawn cant be mafia since they cop him (gave him a lynch). If Cantavanda is not the murderer, then our eyes would have to turn to roytheshort and Shawn for accusing him.
    I still be tempted to know more about Fel666 because he was too suspicious during this day phase (I gave an explanation earlier).

So... lets lynch Cantavanda and see what happens. Sorry, Canta.

vote: Cantavanda

46. Mercerenies

Mercerenies Member

Votals
    Cantavanda (5) - Literally everybody but Fel and Canta

After growing tired of Cantavanda's eerie silence, the town elected to go ahead and get rid of him.

Cantavanda has been killed. He was mafia-aligned.
    Cantavanda's roles were:
    * Pyromaniac - Each night, you must select a player and burn their house down. If you do not, then you will burn your own house down out of suppressed rage. A player whose house has been burnt down will die at the end of the next day unless they can find another player willing to let them live with them. Another player can invite the homeless player (as a day activation) into their house. These rules will be explained to the player when their house is burned.
    * Pickpocket - Each night, you may pickpocket a player, stealing a random item that they have.
    * Erratic - Your movements are very unpredictable. Investigations of you will always be redirected to a random target.
    It is now Night 1. Night 1 ends on Friday, April 7.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  47. amusudan

uh helluh? I did vote for Canta! I even mentioned you in my post :<.

48. amusudan

Fel is the one who did not vote, which makes me suspicious of him..

49. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

I'm sorry. I was asleep irl. Last 2 votes happened at 1 am for me.

50. rougebare

rougebare Member

It's nighttime, hush :p