Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mercerenies, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Cantavanda

Cantavanda 〜Flower Prince〜

rouge why do you trust roy so early?

2. rougebare

rougebare Member

There is a difference between me dealing cards faceup and facedown, if face down, only the recipient knows what card (and thus one-shot role) they get.(Just to point it out)

As to why roy, in the last few games, I've never had much of a strong read on anyone, and when roy is town, he tends to town well. It's now public knowledge that he has that role, for better or worse. (also him marking misu might have had some influnce :p)

3. Cantavanda

Oh, didn't you give him the power to read a role? I don't understand why but I guess it's in your planning hehe

4. rougebare

rougebare Member

It's not a rolecop, but an alignment cop. What card i give isn't in my control, and i don't even know what roles I can give out via it, but they are all one shot activatables.

5. Cantavanda

Oh okay! It's random. Nice to know.

6. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Yes it is! @Misu trying to thin out the crowed already? Meow, thats purrty rash indeed!

I would consider Roy. he has a gun. Or at least, something you can aim with (A banana?).
    A clown with a gun is never good news.

I guess i dont have 'this kind of previous game knowledge though.

7. rougebare

rougebare Member

Misu is also wrong about me being mafia twice in a row. First round, yes I was mafia, second round I were third party.

8. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

*Passing data to machine learning algorithm*
    Yep, AI says you are Mafia this time! (please disconsider the obvious lack of data points)

9. rougebare

rougebare Member

Indeed, it's not really a reliable strategy to do what misu did (even if the kitty was right). Just because i wasn't town in the last two rounds, don't mean I'm not town now. It's simliar with roy, I partly picked him due to previous knowledge, but I at least had another (if also rather flimsy) reason.

10. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Meow, in the end we have to vote for someowne. Doubt anyone will betray themselves that early. Please forgive me rougebare, but i will vote to lynch you. perhaps if you had an avatar, i would think differently of you.

VOTE ROUGEBARE!

11. amusudan

amusudan Lousiest of Potatoes

So right now I think Fel and Misu are mafia, both seemingly eager to kill off rougebare..

But it's too early to have a conclusion, the day is not nearly over yet so lets try to not get rougebare killed in the meantime.

And because Misu seems the most mafia to me (seriously his opening posts was about killing someone!) I will vote for him now.

vote: Misu

12. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Dang it!
    Misu, quick! Use all your abilities! Whatever happens, please deliver this message to Roy!:
    Miaow!

13. amusudan

Oh and I have a role that can grant me helpful things (including a rolecop) but for it to work I will need another player, and seeing as for now nothing is sure I will save it for later.

14. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

What's that? Find out someone's role?
    Meow

15. amusudan

Yeah, for some reason I feel like Fel isn't really playing seriously, or that might be a role that forces him to meow.

16. amusudan

Oh wait I get it! He's a cat (one of my roles mentions cats, apparently they do not sleep, which might be important)

17. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

I own two, no, three cats irl. They sleep. Like a lot... especially the older one.
    I like cats...purr. purr...

18. rougebare

rougebare Member

Woah there!

Less due to it being on me, and more to do with the timing, we don't wanna throw our day's discussion away by lynching within several hours of the start of the day. That only means the mafia having an easier time to slip under the radar. At least let everyone have SOME amount of posting in the first day.

I'm going to keep my opinions on reads to myself until i've at least heard something from everyone, I feel I've been a little too hasty with my choices lately, partly due to tunneling in on one person (which means likely not until Monday as Shawn has some difficulties posting on the weekend.)

19. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Question:
    Changing your vote is allowed right? Its just that now i wanna vote for rougebar. Meow.

20. Mercerenies

Mercerenies Member

Yes. You may change your vote and may also remove your vote altogether during the day any number of times.

GMWolf likes this.
  21. amusudan

We need to hear from the other players.

I summon thee @Shawn Basnett

22. Cantavanda

Maybe Shawn has no internet again or something

23. rougebare

rougebare Member

It is, but I'm a little worried that if the two mafia (assuming two) are there, anyone at H-2 (in this case 2 votes) can easily be hammered to simply end the day.

I'm not worried about getting lynched so much as losing discussion time. EDIT: And at THIS early a stage, I'd have liked to see better reasoning that "I just want to vote for him" and "He was mafia the last two rounds." The latter of which both being false (I was third party in round 2), and a terrible premise to go off to start with in the first place.

Cantavanda likes this.
  24. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Its true. But voting for someone initiates the discussion. Hence its a pretty standard way to start a game of meowfia.

25. rougebare

rougebare Member

That's known as a Random Vote Start (or RVS for short). I doubt Misu's vote was randomly picked based on the rest of the post.

In any case my argument there does rely on the mafia not being among the voting party on the H-2.(I'm actully suspecting Misu might have a win condition that's not purely town. I'm alright with Misu's way of starting up discussion (last round he made it rather clear he doesn't like the way I play mafia, which is another reason I'm not buying it as a simple RVS), I'm honestly less ok with your own one, and is the one I view more suspiously of the two. (And even more so if it was a RVS)

I'm going to hold back for a moment to give others a chance to add in their thoughts.

26. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

I forgot that's a possibility. Should probably keep it in mind. Purr purr.

27. roytheshort

roytheshort The Village Idiot

@Fel666

Can you make a post without cat noises in it?

28. rougebare

rougebare Member

Don't see a cat noise in that one.

29. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Meow.

Oops.

30. Shawn Basnett

Shawn Basnett Discount Dev

What even happened.

Being that you've been everything but town so far, I imagine you're most likely town this time, as well as the fact that that role doesn't really seem like a mafia type role. I'm got my best bets on Rouge being town.

Hah.

Based on prior game knowledge, and what I've read so far, I' like to make a list of my town reads. Strongest first.

1. Rouge
    2. Misu
    3. Roy

I've already stated my reasonings for Rouge.

Before the game started, Misu said that he would be very reckless about his decisions. I imagine what he's done so far is just an attempt, albeit a poor one, to game throw. He may be a third party, but i have no actual idea if that's true. I personally don't believe Misu would attempt a game throw as mafia, as being mafia would make the game more interesting for him. His attempts just seem to show that he finds the round boring currently.

Roy is an anomaly when it comes to this game. It's ridiculous, and I really don't appreciate the kick, whatever that means mechanically. However, I don't see a reason to suspect him as an evil role just yet, mainly for the same reason as Rouge, although as that has proved, we can't rely solely on that.

As for Fel's meowing.

1. Hah, that's amazing.
    2. I imagine this makes him 3P, although i wouldn't bet on it or anything.
    3. I just put this here because I forgot my third point.

Also, yes. I don't have internet over the weekends. I try to make up for it by being overly active during weekdays. (Between 8:00 AM and 3:30 PM)

Misu and Cantavanda like this.
  31. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Assuming the selection is truly random, then this is statistically inconclusive.
    But then again i'm new to this, and i dont know how you guys play.
    meow :3
    Whats 3P?
    My thoughts: I really dont have many. Can't read peeps on my first game.
    Perhaps i should read through the old topics...

32. Bingdom

Bingdom Googledom

HIJACK!!
    3rd party. Not involved in group and has their own win condition

Shawn Basnett and GMWolf like this.
  33. Shawn Basnett

The selection is random, but random chance is still chance. There's a lower probability of him being selected as Mafia/3P for the third time in a row.

Third Party, they have their own win conditions.

Edit: Ninja'd

Don't worry about it. Reading through the last two games in this topic would be beneficial, but it's not at all required. ^-^ You'll do fine.

GMWolf likes this.
  34. Shawn Basnett

Also, being that I created this role, and it seems very different from it's original state... I'd like to try something.

Pets Fel. Good Kitty.

35. Mercerenies

Mercerenies Member

Day Activation!

Shawn pets Fel666. Fel is very pleased and feels less like a cat now.

Fel666's feline curse has been broken.

36. Shawn Basnett

I guess I don't know what I expected. I guess we see what happens now.

37. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Muahahaha! You have No idea! No idea what you have unleashed! Tremble in fear as I reveal my newfound powers!
    Thank you.

Shawn Basnett likes this.
  38. Shawn Basnett

No problem. If this is anything like the role I made, it could be helpful.

39. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Eh.. Not really helpful. Just... easier on me.

40. Shawn Basnett

Can you still meow for me? <3

Mercerenies likes this.
  41. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

sure, but only cause it you, one last time:
    Meow :3

Shawn Basnett likes this.
  42. amusudan

He feels less like a cat, but is he still a cat? I role I have mentioned that cats never sleep, and I dunno what that is supposed to mean.

EDIT:
    This is the role in question:
    Mr. Sandman - Each night, you may put a player to sleep. That player cannot do anything on the current night. This ability fails when used on cats, for cats do not sleep.
    Not being able to be stopped during the night seems a bit mafia to me, but maybe it's just randomly picked who is a cat.

43. rougebare

rougebare Member

Well I'm glad I waited for that (activation) to come through, what comes of it comes of it.

Now, my early thoughts are as follows.

Misu: Has only made one post, where he incorrectly states that i were mafia in the last two rounds, and uses that as a premise to vote for me. Slight mafia-read, but this is more due to his silence since.
    Roy: Has marked Misu, and kicked shawn. I have a good idea what the mark does as I made the role and it's companion. I don't want to reveal what they do though. I would like to hear more from him though. (I've already explained why I gave him the card earlier.) I'll be keeping an eye to see what happens with that one-shot cop though. (I should note, the mark on it's own does nothing.)
    Fel666: My main suspicion here is the reason for the bandwagon on Misu's Vote for me, simply "I wanna vote for him." Yes lynch is better than No Lynch, but we aren't in urgent need for a lynch right this moment.
    Cantavanda: Like Misu, I only have a single post to work with, except there isn't really much to go on here. No Read at all here.
    amusdan: I think he has a role I made,if it's the one I think it is I'll help. Sorry about being vague here, but it's likely that another of my roles is in play. I don't want to make this more explicit unless I have to. I get a slight town-read, but this is partly due to knowing the role.
    Shawn: Has un-catted fel666 for want of a better phrasing. We'll have to see how that plays out. So far, slight-town read from his posts.

This all said, I don't feel my reads are strong (and I cannot guarantee accuracy.)

44. amusudan

It's one with 5 items, if you made it you will know what they are.

45. rougebare

rougebare Member

You need say no more, I know exactly what they are.

46. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

Are you allowed to reveal your roles?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  47. Shawn Basnett

I made the cat role. It's changed from what it originally was, so I have no idea if breaking the curse does what I think it does.

Okay. Out of curiosity.

How many people here have Cat related roles? Not being a cat, just roles that mention cats as an exception or something?

48. GMWolf

GMWolf aka fel666

I made a cat role, different from mine. And a cat- related role.

49. Shawn Basnett

I feel like this is going to get out of hand quickly.

50. rougebare

rougebare Member

Just realized I made a mistake in my rundown, Cantavanda, while I'd still like to hear more from him, has posted more than a single post. Most don't give much to work with though.