• Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!

Forum Game [5/7] The People's Mafia - Town Victory

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
For me the things today is likely to come down to are these questions:
Do we lynch Roy or Cantavanda? (Unless someone can come up with a better option than either, but i currently don't see any others.)
Do we cure Bingdom or let him die to the poision? (On this one I've already stated my opinion)
Who attempts to pass diamonds (Myself ot Shawn, unknown to me or both)?
1. As i've stated before, I'm leaning towards Roy, but I'm very unsure.

2. I say we heal him... No sense in losing another town.

3. Go ahead and pass one to me. I want to rid myself of Roy's suspicion before he decides to kill me for no reason.

Cantavanda

〜Flower Prince〜
Canta went off too softly at Roy, which is quite suspicious for both of them.
Yeah that's right!!!
His argument sucked ass, I didn't discern that at the moment. And I still gotta take revernge for him killing my lover amusudan

Everyone vote on Roy!!!!
vote: roytheshort

rougebare

(I think the votes are currently Roy voting for Canta and Canta voting for Roy.)

It's like they are playing pass the parcel with who I want to vote for atm... For now I kinda wanna see what responses I get from the three questions at the bottom of the last page, particularly from Bingdom and Darzoz.

roytheshort

The Village Idiot
I'll try copping someone tonight if I'm alive, who do you people recommend? Last night was just a disaster because of Shawn's role.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it was a one shot cop. Well, I have nothing of any use right now it seems.

Bingdom

Googledom
Do we lynch Roy or Cantavanda? (Unless someone can come up with a better option than either, but i currently don't see any others.)
Do we cure Bingdom or let him die to the poision? (On this one I've already stated my opinion)
1. Roy is pretty slippery in his writing. He might be nervous about something. Cantavanda didn't reveal the switch potion he got from me, that was a bit scummy.
2. Please let me live :p
3. I've pretty much said my roles, but I wouldn't want to reveal my third (or fourth?) role until later on. I wanted to reveal my Judge role because it's the towniest role I have.

Edit:
I'm still not sure at this point, but the day is ending and no-lynch is a bad idea.

Vote: Cantavanda

Roy will likely be my next target, If Cantavanda turns out to be Mafia.

Last edited:

Darzoz

heck, both Roy and Cantavanda seem hella suspicious at this point. Not really sure what to say. I'll be honest I'm terrible at knowing whats what in this game. Mafia in general seems like a confusing mess tbh. Maybe I just haven't been in a lot of mafia games with Roy or whatevs but I feel like Roy is playing a little out of character with the whole "not trying to die instantly" thing.

Vote: Roy

I feel like curing Bingdom would be fine at this point, no reason not to as far as I can see. Just figured I'd suggest the option of not doing so in case anyone had any good reasons.

I have no goddamn clue what this whole diamond thing is about tbh. I mean, I get there's a hoarder and stuff, but like, I haven't put a lot of thought into the whole diamond thing tbh. I guess passing one to Shawn couldn't hurt

rougebare

It seems like the majority are in agreement that Bing should be cured. As for who to lynch, I've been going back and forth for a fair while, but it's coming up to crunch time. My plan is to go for Cantavanda, but i don't want to put him at H-1 until bing is cured, wouldn't want a mafia hammering to avoid that.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
They've both been pretty suspicious, but if the majority wants to vote for Canta, I'll switch my vote over. In the event that Canta is town, how do we approach the next day? We'll need to trod carefully.

Mercerenies

Day Activation!

Darzoz approaches Bingdom with her awesome doctor powers and lays a hand on his chest. Suddenly, Bingdom feels ten times better. It's as though he was never poisoned in the first place.

Bingdom has been cured.

--

Votals

Cantavanda (3) - Roy, Bingdom, Shawn
Roy (1) - Cantavanda

Four votes to lynch. Day 2 ends on Friday, March 24.

rougebare

I don't think there any way of sugar coating this Vote: Cantavnada. Had to pick one or the other, better than a no lynch.

Mercerenies

Votals
Cantavanda (4) - Roy, Bingdom, Shawn, Rougebare
Roy (1) - Cantavanda

After some strange bantering between Canta and Roy, the town decided to pick one of them. Flipping a coin, they chose Canta.

Canta was killed. He was town aligned.
Canta had one diamond. It will be available to claim at the start of the next day.
Canta's roles were:
* Switcher - During the day, you may select two players other than yourself. Those two players swap a single role. This can only be done once.
* Twins - You are a twin. You and your twin can communicate privately. You share one role other than this one. However, you do not know your twin's alignment or other roles.
* Helicopter - Each night, you may turn into a helicopter and fly one player of your choice far away. That player cannot perform any actions that night.
It is now night. Night 2 will end on Sunday, March 26.

Mercerenies

Day 3

For the second time, everyone exited their tents. Canta's corpse still lay in the swampy ground, a glimmering diamond sitting next to it. Everyone seemed to be accounted for; no one new has died. However, attention was immediately drawn to Shawn, who strangely enough seems to have a conspicuous arrow sticking out of his back.

No one has died. It is now Day 3.
There is one diamond that can be claimed.
Shawn has an arrow in his back.
There are five players alive. Three votes to lynch.
Day 3 will end on Friday, March 31. Day 3 start.

rougebare

Well, now the shinys are safe, the obvious question is why Shawn has an arrow in his back. My thoughts are rather suspicious of him (although it's partly due to me being pretty sure of the role that caused it, as I made the role in question)

I'm waiting for an answer Shawn, my thoughts are that it's related to the lack of a death during the night.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Well this is awful.

Alright so

I've been stabbed. I should probably explain. I attempted to shoot Bing last night. I have a role that tells me someone really wants to be in the mafia, and if i manage to kill them, i will gain one of their roles. Noone seemed to take the bait earlier, so I took a shot in the dark at one of the only two people that were not active at that time. Bingdom and Darzoz. Bing was my choice. Now i have an arrow in my back .-.

Also, Rouge never gave me a diamond... Now he has three. Is he the hoarder?

rougebare

I have no reason to lie here. I can't kill anyone now I've got all 3 diamonds. I am indeed the hoarder, but I'm also third party. My win condition was simply to gain all 3 diamonds.

EDIT: This outcome confuses me though, since we didn't have a death, and the information that my "Wannabe Mafia" role is in the game, this means one of three things.
1. Mafia's nightkill failed by hitting the Wannabe, which would mean we have 2 town 2 mafia and 1 third party.
2. Mafia's nightkill failed by another reason, which means likely 3:1:1
3. Shawn's mafia, and his nightkill got him shot by the arrow. (which would still be 3:1:1)
I doubt we had 2 mafia at the start if Wannabe is in the game.

Last edited:

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
Mmkay, I suppose. Being that you made this role, What exactly will happen to me with the arrow in my back? Am I going to die?

roytheshort

The Village Idiot
Wait, you're 3P, I'm 3P, there's 1 Mafia at least and it's 3 votes to lynch. Town is in the minority. I am certain. Either way, they only have 2 votes right now.

Who's Town? I think we should start town hunting.

roytheshort

The Village Idiot
Rougebare - 3P
Roy - 3P
Someone - Mafia
Two other people - Town

3 votes to lynch.

Town is in the minority Shawn. It's only because of 3Ps that the game isn't over. So, who's town?

roytheshort

The Village Idiot
Ah, thank you Shawn. Let's lynch one of them, and you can shoot me at night. I think you know why.

Vote: Bingdom

rougebare

If I had to say somone is town, I'd have to say Bing is my biggest town-read, but that said, noone of my reads have been strong town reads.

Shawn Basnett

Discount Dev
In fact I do. Also, I stole your dude manrod. I don't think that can take my nightkill, but just in case.

I'm so unbelievably strong. I did all of Clint Eastwood's stunts for him. Chump Norris has nothing on me.

rougebare

That's all I need.

Vote: Shawn Basnett

He is mafia, Roy is Wannabe mafia 3P, I'm hoarder 3P and everyone else is town.

roytheshort

The Village Idiot
@rougebare, I knew you could side with either side. I wouldn't mention the fact we're in the majority if I didn't have a backup plan. I have a role that can delete win conditions at Night. I have not used it. If you do not co-operate I will be forced to use it and you will lose.

It's your choice.

rougebare

When I publically announced I had a limited lifespan? I actually die at the end of the day......

If it wasn't for the diamonds, they let me stay alive, which i forgot when voting with town.

Guess it's prob better to end it quicker...

Unvote

EDIT: Am i the only one who finds this kinda ironic... that i've just hammered my partner in crime from round 1. XD

roytheshort

The Village Idiot
If you shoot me at Night, Mafia is automatically the majority and we win. Don't shoot town, they might have bulletproofs.

Oh, is it over? Well, that was fast.

rougebare

It prob doesn't make a difference, if bing survives, we can vote Darzoz instead. or even myself, which would then cause majority in mafia favor when roy converts.

Mercerenies

Votals

Bingdom (3) - Roy, Shawn, Rougebare

Oh, look! A lynch! Yeah, the non-town players quickly realized that they outnumbered the town and elected to start hunting town heads out of revenge. So, knowing full well that Bingdom is town, they lynched him.

Bingdom has died. He was town-aligned.
There are now as many mafia as there are town players. Game over!
The mafia (Shawn) and the Hoarder (rougebare) have won.

(Analysis and full role list coming soon)