• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED 3d scroll with 360º images

alefer

hello back, the last time I was here was to know how to make a scroll system for my perspective effect, and in this situation I want to use 360 images, but the problem is that the edges are always split in half to join them, and I want to make the camera manage to join those two edges, that is, that the camera captures both edges at the same time, something like this:

ss.png
In case that cannot be done, what other solution would you give me?
If I don't explain something well, just let me know, thanks in advance! :D

TheMagician

If you put this 360 degree sprite on a Background Layer you have the option to tile the sprite along the x / y axes. That way you should get a continuous image wherever your camera points at.

alefer

If you put this 360 degree sprite on a Background Layer you have the option to tile the sprite along the x / y axes. That way you should get a continuous image wherever your camera points at.
But wouldn't that require making a room too big?

TheMagician

No. If you pan the camera around - even if it goes outside the room boundaries the background will still be shown when the "Tiled" checkboxes are ticked.

However, I guess there is a problem if you have objects in the room that the user is supposed to interact with. Those would not automatically move along with the camera.

alefer

No. If you pan the camera around - even if it goes outside the room boundaries the background will still be shown when the "Tiled" checkboxes are ticked.

However, I guess there is a problem if you have objects in the room that the user is supposed to interact with. Those would not automatically move along with the camera.
Yes, that is my main problem, I was looking for other solutions but I can't think of anything

GMWolf

aka fel666
So your camera wraps to the other side of the room when it reaches the edge?
I. That case you need three copies of the background: the central one, and then one on each side to deal with wrapping.

Your camera position will wrap around, but the actual view in the roo. Would still be a contiguous rectangle, that spills across the edges and sees the other copies.

Another option is to actually split your camera into 2 cameras when you each the edge. It's more complex as you have to calculate where to split, and where.to set the viewport. But it will make it seamless to add objects to your world etc.