3D RTS HALO Fan Game: UNSC VS COVENANT

Hey guys so most of my game maker life from 2008 to now has been starting and never finishing RTS games. so a little while back i spent a good 2 months making what would be my ultimate RTS engine. So far it has Full 3D, full online and lan multiplayer allowing all the multiplayer functionality you would expect from a AAA rts. Extremely optimized handling 10000 units now on the map while still maintaining arround 30 fps on my reasonable for today laptop. It has a day night system and an awesome lighting engine provided by the one and only lolslayer each vehicle also has its own turning wheels and also has simulated suspension for added realism. There is alot more to go and will be developed on a strictly whenever I feel like it basis :p but hopefully it will get there soon enough and have enough features to feel like a full 3d RTS.

GMS 1.4.9999

Sooo footage time!
Ps. The black holes on the ground are just me testing transparancy with the terrain tile system :)

5000 units old stress test:
At 6500 polys per unit

And like all good rts games here is some base building in the engine.

It is extremly optimized and uses my spider flood fill pathfinding algortihm :)

New Video Shooting test:

New Video, Multiplayer Test 1:

commentary showing the combat, veterancy system, multiplayer ect

Hope you guys like it so far :)
James

Halo © Microsoft Corporation. UNSC VS COVENANT was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from Halo, and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft.

Last edited: