• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

3D Multiplayer Twin Stick Shooter

kamiyasi

Update 2/13/17 Here's what's changed since last time. There is a health/kill/death/respawn system now and a HUD to go with it. Also, some bug fixes mostly involving how keyboard controls work. Lastly, AI players are implemented. They still need a bit of work, especially in delaying reaction times, but they do a pretty good job at avoiding obstacles and keeping a strategic distance from their target.

Hello, everyone. This is the first build that I'm showing off of the 3D multiplayer arena game that I am working on. It supports both joysticks and keyboard and is playable by 2-4 players. I am also planning a cooperative horde mode, or possibly other game modes if I come up with any fun ideas. I am controlling both players in this demo so please excuse the gameplay.
Obviously this is a very early build and I am hoping to receive feedback on what people think would be good additions to this type of game, and what you all think I should add. I also haven't decided on what the player characters should be. What I do know is they should be a colorful and diverse cast of characters with different weapons and abilities. If you have ideas for the playable characters, feel free to let me know! Thanks for taking a look.

Last edited:

kamiyasi

Always interesting when I see people using GMS for 3D games. Nice!
Thank you. I'm enjoying the challenge of it. Here's a little update. I made 2 new stages and there's a death/respawn system now. You can see the contrast between the amounts of blood left when hurt and when killed.

Attachments

Last edited: