1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

3D Multiplayer Twin Stick Shooter

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by kamiyasi, Feb 9, 2017.

1. kamiyasi

kamiyasi Member

Update 2/13/17 Here's what's changed since last time. There is a health/kill/death/respawn system now and a HUD to go with it. Also, some bug fixes mostly involving how keyboard controls work. Lastly, AI players are implemented. They still need a bit of work, especially in delaying reaction times, but they do a pretty good job at avoiding obstacles and keeping a strategic distance from their target.

Hello, everyone. This is the first build that I'm showing off of the 3D multiplayer arena game that I am working on. It supports both joysticks and keyboard and is playable by 2-4 players. I am also planning a cooperative horde mode, or possibly other game modes if I come up with any fun ideas. I am controlling both players in this demo so please excuse the gameplay.
    Obviously this is a very early build and I am hoping to receive feedback on what people think would be good additions to this type of game, and what you all think I should add. I also haven't decided on what the player characters should be. What I do know is they should be a colorful and diverse cast of characters with different weapons and abilities. If you have ideas for the playable characters, feel free to let me know! Thanks for taking a look.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    YellowAfterlife likes this.
  2. orange451

orange451 Member

Looks pretty :)

3. dj_midknight

dj_midknight Guest

Always interesting when I see people using GMS for 3D games. Nice!

kamiyasi likes this.
  4. kamiyasi

kamiyasi Member

Thank you. I'm enjoying the challenge of it. Here's a little update. I made 2 new stages and there's a death/respawn system now. You can see the contrast between the amounts of blood left when hurt and when killed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017