GMC Forums 3d in Old forum and now

Discussion in 'Community Chat' started by Ali Al - Mosawi, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Ali Al - Mosawi

Ali Al - Mosawi Member

Hi guys I am sad about new fourm does not have major category about 3D games or shaders
    Why yoyogames does not like and support 3D in community at less

2. Joe Ellis

Joe Ellis Member

I am gonna be a complete DI*K and show you: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/warp3d-game-engine-level-editor-model-editor.44159/
    plus: (most viewed wip thread):https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.p...ls-and-level-editor-now-works-in-html5.19806/

But yeah, I know what you mean, it is weird how there is no real talk from yoyo about this, cus 3d graphics are really interesting, and fully possible with gm, particularly ps1 style stuff, like simple models, it is odd how they have no part in it, even though its probably easier to make a 3d game with gm than it used to be with the ps1 os or binary language

Ali Al - Mosawi likes this.
  3. TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko Q&A Spawn Camper Forum Staff Moderator

Because we have a 3D prefix which you can use in the Programming forum. We also have a Shaders prefix. Personally, I'd say this gives such topics more exposure than before as they are no longer hidden in a forum inside a forum.

4. Misu

Misu The forum's immigrant

5. Ali Al - Mosawi

Ali Al - Mosawi Member

Yes I noticed this but the result is a lack of interaction, but in the old forum the interaction was great so the posts were many compared to the current forum

6. cgPixel

cgPixel Member

Exactly this.
    I'm pretty sure a separate 3D forum will attract more users and interactions, especially with an "examples/source codes" subforum.

7. Ali Al - Mosawi

Ali Al - Mosawi Member

There were many interested professionals but I can not find them now because I do not know why
    by the way I tried smf collision system in my game on android its very wonderful but slayer upgrade system its have high fps on android and ios

sorry for low quality of video
    such as I have issue in transparent of trees when i using any shaders and i stopped in my game before one year till now
    So I'm so excited to put up such topics because the interaction is very little and I'm so sad.