3D Games made with Game Maker

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LucasTheNewbie, Oct 10, 2017.

1. LucasTheNewbie

LucasTheNewbie Member

Hey guys I'm looking for 3d games made with any version of game maker. Thanks.

2. BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55 Member

The two sub-forums we have dedicated to games are places to start as there are 3D games there. I've got my FPS I've been working on for quite some time but there's nothing available to check out on it.

There's a vast amount of complete and incomplete games given how far back 3D functionality goes. Is there something specifically enticing about a 3D game you want to see so we can narrow down our searches instead of making this thread a random catalogue?

TheSnidr and Cantavanda like this.
  3. Cantavanda

Cantavanda 〜Flower Prince〜

click the

4. LucasTheNewbie

LucasTheNewbie Member

Nothing specific.
    Just want to see what people and game maker can do. Cause I've seen a lot of brilliant 2d games, but hardly an 3d stuff. But i know it's possible, since the drafts on youtube I saw were pretty awesome.

5. Tulloch

Tulloch Member

Pretty sure most people have seen this video here. Its out of date (2015) but a project that I'm still progressing through. I'd love to get a new video up soon. I'm pretty excited to share it one day! You can skip through the intro screen, its stupidly long.

Edit: Watching the video again is strange. It's kind of boring. :D

Edit 2: I posted a gif a while back, anyone by any chance have it? It's a long shot, but I made the mistake of saving my only copy on my now defunct website.

Edit 3: Aha, found it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    elementbound and LucasTheNewbie like this.
  6. Bingdom

Bingdom Googledom

I used to work on a 3D game.

You can see it here

Stopped because it was quite an ambitious project and I was lacking art skills at the time. (A few things looked ok, but I chose poorly for the palette).

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  7. MishMash

MishMash Member

Ooh, a 3D bragging thread O:? Hold my beer.

Have worked on quite a few 3D projects, but got more interested in actually creating effects and small tech demo's rather than building fully complete games. This is mainly because it is difficult to acquire assets which look good for free. You can create some rather impressive looking scenes if you pull enough things together. If I had access to some really nice assets, specifically created levels etc; I'd be pretty excited to see what could be made. As it stands however, GM isn't the most practical platform for 3D development, if you want to actually make a game, however it is pretty good if you actually want to understand how 3D programming works. Proper 3D engine's do all the heavy lifting for you, so there's little need to understand the pipeline in enough depth. When you have to do everything from scratch, like you do with GM, it gives you an appreciation for how these things work. From the things I learned in GM, I was able to create this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXUcj-AIQ24 - It's a 3D Rasterizer written from scratch in C++ (So not using directX or OpenGL or any existing graphics API) and directly interfacing with the GPU using OpenCL. All of that was as a result of the methods and techniques I had to learn to achieve advanced 3D in GM :)!

8. Tulloch

Tulloch Member

@MishMash You, among many people have kept me inspired.

9. LucasTheNewbie

LucasTheNewbie Member

Thanks, you guys. That's what I wanted to see.
    Of course I don't browse through the 949,184,643,161,946,18 threads in the 'made with gm' forum and click every single one hope that it's a 3D game.. So it was easier to create this thread. Thanks

10. TheSnidr

TheSnidr Heavy metal viking dentist GMC Elder

Funny how the 3D peeps use this topic to plug their own unfinished games xD

I'll do that too. Here's my first 3D project from way back in 2012:

For the GMC jam #12 I made a simple game called Doomshark. It got popular on Youtube (I've lost count of the youtube videos about it o.o). Here's one Let's Play of the game (not by me):

Edwin, Shut, Roa and 1 other person like this.
  11. Tulloch

Tulloch Member

I do apologize for forgetting anyone, but If;
    MishMash, TheSnidr, Slayer64, xor, orange, (and a small handful I can't remember) could only just join forces for a single project, -- er well, it would probably be a super tech demo-- but to make an asset or a game. You guys would be golden.

;)

12. BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55 Member

I'm glad I'm not on that list because I am a terrible at working in teams (I'd take the gameplay department, though).

13. Tulloch

Tulloch Member

Well shoot, how'd I forget you?
    I knew I shouldn't have created a list, I always leave people out.

Although it was more of a silly idea, it tickles my brain at the thought of you guys working together.

14. zendraw

zendraw Member

15. Tulloch

Tulloch Member

Well, looks like we got our Devengers.

16. Roa

Roa Member

I liked this...

Bingdom likes this.
  17. 0.Bytes

0.Bytes Member

Loved this topic, I always knew that there were some 3d games made with GM out there, good to know !

18. James222

James222 Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  19. Misu

Misu The forum's immigrant

I make 3D too

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And some shader effects in GMS :3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IndianaBones, Amon and Roa like this.
  20. K12gamer

K12gamer Member

slojanko likes this.
  21. Kyon

Kyon Member

This guy's last two games are insanely smooth 3d games made in gamemaker:
    https://danieldavis.itch.io/

(On his twitter also very cool 3d prototypes)