Design 3/4 perspective resources? (Solved)

C

CoderJoe

I'm planning on making a game with a 2.5D top down view. Sort of like an isometric game but not at an angle. A good example would be Hyper Light Drifter which was made with GM. Unfortunately, after some brief searching I couldn't find any good resources on how to make this type of game, mainly because most resources either classify 2.5D as completely top down or using 3D graphics in a 2D space. Anyone know of any good resources on the type of game I'm talking about? I'm mainly aimed at learning how to design the graphics and work with collision detection.
Thanks!

Khao

You're having trouble finding good resources because that's not what 2.5D or top down means.

Try looking for a "3/4 perspective" instead. You'll probably have better luck with that.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
From what I've seen, Hyper Light Drifter is completely top-down, it just has graphics in a threequarter perspective style with occasional foreground tiles, but there's nothing intrinsic in 3/4 graphics that cannot be replicated using top-down graphics.

C

CoderJoe

Oh! I always thought it was called 2.5D. Whoops. Well maybe I'll have better luck searching for 3/4 perspective. Thanks guys!