Demo 2URVIVE

2Bad Games

GAME DESCRIPTION

2URVIVE is an Indie top down shooter.
The action takes place in a devastated world (as always ^^).
Inspired by classic zombie movies, the Infected are everywhere.
Follow Alan and John, two brothers who try to run away from this nightmare !
Kill the Infected and survive are your objectives.
All game modes can be played in Co-op with a friend (or bots if you don't have one!)
Be ready for a bloody top down shooter.
Grab your gun and have fun ;)
BE READY, THEY'RE COMING...

GAME FEATURES

-11 narrative episodes (with different objectives)
-5 mission types (protection, in the dark, economic, infection and survive)
-10 weapons (assault, shotgun, sniper, fire launcher, rocket launcher, etc...)
-3 grenade types (frags, mines & gas)
-Local CO-OP (story and mission mode)
-10 enemy types (Walker, Runner, Colossus, Dog, Zero, etc... )
-Full gamepad support
-Pixel art graphic style

Follow us: Website, Facebook, IndieDB, Gamejolt

Last edited:

2Bad Games

Looks cool, though the name with the 2 reads like turvive to me, not the intended survive, maybe its just me though.
Hi aamatniekss, thanks for this comment. ;)

The number 2 is very important in our game :
- In the story mode you will follow "2" brothers, Alan and John, who are trying to survive.
- Our game is also separate in "2" parts with "2" different teams

This is why we wanted to replace a "S" by the number "2" :D:D:D

2Bad Games

The fisrt playable demo of 2URVIVE is finally available ! This demo contains 2 episodes of the history mode...

upload_2016-9-22_8-55-6.png

DEMO DESCRIPTION:

In the first episode you will discover the basics of the game.
You will learn to get hands on your equipment and to use it.

In the following episode, you will discover Alan and John, two brothers who try
to survive in the middle of a downtown devasteted by a virus.

This demo allows you to discover the gameplay and the beginning of the history mode.
It doesn't contain the arena mode and local pultiplayer that you will find
in the final version of the game.

upload_2016-9-22_8-55-55.png

DEMO FEATURES:

• 2 episodes of the story mode
  • 2 difficulty levels : Normal / Hard
  • Supported input devices: Keyboard+Mouse / Gamepad
  • Supported number of player: 1 Player
  • Supported languages: English / French
  • Supported keyboards: QWERTY / AZERTY
DEFAULT SETTINGS:
  • Difficulty level: Normal
  • Languages: English
  • Keyboard: QWERTY
We are waiting for your feedbacks and your advices !
We need your supports.

upload_2016-9-22_8-56-10.png

Last edited:

lolslayer

I really like the way this plays, it feels really smooth and there really are a lot of zobies, feels like a big epidemic

The art is very nice aswell, can't wait to see more :)

2Bad Games

I really like the way this plays, it feels really smooth and there really are a lot of zombies, feels like a big epidemic

The art is very nice as well, can't wait to see more :)
Thank you for your feedback ^^ we are preparing our greenlight on steam.
Stay tuned to support us... we need you ;)

V

vidokas

Hey.
Nice game.

Remarks:

-Add Wasd controls in main menu (now I can only choose with mouse)
-Get rid of black screens (changing rooms ?) in tutorial and first mission
-Text. 5D and 6H after infection. Change to 5 days, 6 hours.
-Change default wndows cursor
-Don't let buy best upgrades on first mission.
-Once money spawned on car, where I couldn't take it.
-In credits you wrote Beta Testeur (I guess it's in French)

If you need beta tester send P.M.

2Bad Games

Hey.
Nice game.

Remarks:

-Add Wasd controls in main menu (now I can only choose with mouse)
-Get rid of black screens (changing rooms ?) in tutorial and first mission
-Text. 5D and 6H after infection. Change to 5 days, 6 hours.
-Change default wndows cursor
-Don't let buy best upgrades on first mission.
-Once money spawned on car, where I couldn't take it.
-In credits you wrote Beta Testeur (I guess it's in French)

If you need beta tester send P.M.
Hello vidokas, thank you very much for all your remarks. It's very helpful !

We will correct some of these points in the final version (thanks to you ^^).

Thanks a lot again for your feedback and your help.

2Bad Games

Work in progress N1

This is a new cut scene, now characters move their lips and the camera swings.

new screencheck effect and new particules system (fire & blood)

2Bad Games

2URVIVE NEWS #2

Hi everybody, what's up ?

2URVIVE goes well ! Feedbacks on our demo are very positive and helpful.

We finished 70% of the game but we still have work on the story mode and several bugs to correct.

We added a new particles system and new audio effects. We also improve our light system.

During cinematics, characters are now animated.
Cameras are much more dynamic during the game and cinematics.

Finally, we created our own font for all texts in the game

We keep working... Thanks for your support.

Last edited:

Shut

I haven't tested the demo, but the screenshots look nice. I like the simple art style and good job on finishing 70% of the game, that's quite an achievement already. :)

G

Gerald Tyler

Thanks for the demo
Right away I can see you have controller support, major props for that. I agree that keyboard and mouse are superior for many games, but when it comes to twin stick shooters, gamepad is by far the best
If possible, maybe see if there's a way players can change their settings without having to restart the entire game? That was a bit weird. And there's no "Cancel" option in the settings menu either, so if I enter it and don't change anything I'm forced to restart the game. Yes I know it's the Escape key, but that's not stated anywhere, and that's not listed as an option in the page.
Doesn't appear to be anyway to rebind controls, not a huge deal though your default gamepad controls are perfectly adequate.
Not sure what scan lines are, I'd imagine most players won't either, so maybe a quick little blurb about what that option entails?
Also I would suggest explaining the difficulty difference. Do enemies simply take more hits and deal more damage? Do more enemies spawn? Do you get more or less currency from playing on a higher difficulty? Keep in mind that at this point, the player hasn't even played a second of your game yet so they honestly have no clue which difficulty would be more enjoyable for them. Perhaps let them run the first stage / tutorial, and then have the game suggest the ideal difficulty for the player?
Good job on the fonts, never had any difficulty understanding what was on the screen.

As somebody mentioned earlier, the "5D and 6H" should be changed.
Plays very smooth. Most people's games have frame rate drops on my computer, yours is the first one that didn't so you've optimized it well.
Odd dialogue as well, the player's have been there 5 days since it has started, yet still seem confused when they say stuff along the lines of "Looks like the soldiers were infected by something", and then a short time later decide to head to the army base in the forest, even though they can clearly see that the soldiers haven't been able to protect themselves. I get that it's exposition for the sake of the player, but it feels like the character's should already know at this point about the infection / zombies being rampant.
I like that when the game is instructing players on how to do something, you've programmed it to recognize that I'm using an Xbox controller, and the instructions are based off of that.
Right before the end of the first wave, I can clearly see that I have $7,800 currency, but immediately after the dialogue I'm down to $7000 for some reason.
Perhaps give the player the ability to place the turret where they want, rather than preset locations? I know that may cause balancing issues though.
I like that you can push the barrels around, will give the advantage to players who play the level multiple times and learn the spawn locations.
While the game walks you through purchasing a turret, it never indicates that you can buy a better weapon. Players may wind up completing the stage never realizing they can do this, which makes for a more difficult experience than intended.
Love the crawling zombie torsos, well done
After saving my currency to try to purchase the $25,000 weapon, I ENTERED the protect the family section with 23,100. Then after killing the first wave, I somehow only had 20,600.
Moving to the protect the family area removes any previously purchased weapons. I can understand that this may be an intentional design choice, but maybe set it up so the player's get to keep everything they earn on the actual level, and moving to a new level (Not just a section) starts them over?
Be nice to have a way to refill ammo, rather than having to pay the entire cost of the weapon again.
Sniper is entirely too weak, doesn't even penetrate, nor can it kill the wife beater zombies in a single shot. Combined with low ammo capacity, simply isn't worth it.
Like that the exploding barrels respawn, now I don't have to beat myself up if I accidentally blow it up at the start.
The sound effect for the Assault Medium + Heavy makes them sound weaker. Swapping audio files would do a good amount for making them feel stronger.
Good job lowering the sound effect volume for teammate fire.
When scrolling through weapons, if I hit the left d-pad it never returns me to the starter weapon, I can only do that if I hit the right d-pad.
Keep difficulty progression in mind. The second part is much easier than the first. You now have an additional teammate, and now the enemies are limited to spawning on the right side of the screen, rather than the full 360 degrees in the first part.
Also for "Protect the family" it doesn't appear the family can actually get hurt, so the objective should just be "Kill all the zombies / Survive."
Grenade Launcher and Electric Rockets cost the same, despite Electric Rockets being far superior (Very fun weapon)
Would be cool if the player could use an explosive to blow up the crates to create new sightlines
Don't know if it's intentional, but you should be aware that the flame thrower allows you to kill enemies through cover.
Gas/Gaz should be rebalanced. For the cost and quantity you're getting, I'd rather just purchase mines and take a small amount of damage when getting swarmed.
Good work with the "Pixel" art, I didn't find it jarring at all, not an easy feat.
I enjoy the pacing. Very small amounts of downtime, then right back into the action. The waves only last long enough to start having a few problems if you're not paying attention, but they don't overstay their welcome.

Will the player have the option to upgrade teammates in any way, or does only the player's character itself get to become stronger? And I'd say that if the game gets green lit and you can get the funding, look at online multiplayer rather than solely local coop. You would likely want to hire somebody who knows what they're doing, but it would be worth it. Lastly, if my teammate creates an explosion, do I wind up taking damage from that?

All in all certainly a good job for having done it all by yourself =)

Last edited by a moderator:

2Bad Games

I haven't tested the demo, but the screenshots look nice. I like the simple art style and good job on finishing 70% of the game, that's quite an achievement already. :)
Hi Shut, thank you very much for your comment ^^ I'm glad to see you like my work.
I took a look to your project RISKERS. It's a very good job.

2Bad Games

Thanks for the demo
Right away I can see you have controller support, major props for that. I agree that keyboard and mouse are superior for many games, but when it comes to twin stick shooters, gamepad is by far the best
If possible, maybe see if there's a way players can change their settings without having to restart the entire game? That was a bit weird. And there's no "Cancel" option in the settings menu either, so if I enter it and don't change anything I'm forced to restart the game. Yes I know it's the Escape key, but that's not stated anywhere, and that's not listed as an option in the page.
Doesn't appear to be anyway to rebind controls, not a huge deal though your default gamepad controls are perfectly adequate.
Not sure what scan lines are, I'd imagine most players won't either, so maybe a quick little blurb about what that option entails?
Also I would suggest explaining the difficulty difference. Do enemies simply take more hits and deal more damage? Do more enemies spawn? Do you get more or less currency from playing on a higher difficulty? Keep in mind that at this point, the player hasn't even played a second of your game yet so they honestly have no clue which difficulty would be more enjoyable for them. Perhaps let them run the first stage / tutorial, and then have the game suggest the ideal difficulty for the player?
Good job on the fonts, never had any difficulty understanding what was on the screen ...............
Hi Gerald Tyler, I'm glad to see you like the game.
Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, it’s very helpful.
Some problems you noticed have been corrected in the current game. Others are in progress… ^^
Thanks for your advices for weapon balance (price, power and sounds), it’s very helpful.
Now, we are working to finish the game and prepare our Greenlight and a new version of the demo with the coop mode available.
Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

2Bad Games

Hi evetybody, what's up ?

2URVIVE goes well, we are starting to prepare
our GREENLIGHT to sell our game on Steam (1st online
video game market for PC and MAC).

On this occasion, a new trailer and a new demo version
will be available.

We will need you and your support.
Vote for us, share our page and help us to be GREENLIGHTED.
The more we talk about us the more we have a chance
to obtain positive votes and be validated.

We'll be on Steam Greenlight the 3rd of december 2016.
We count on you. More than ever we need you and your support.

Last edited:
M

MEITdev

Hi there!

I have recorded a short "honest first impressions" feedback video for your game.

The reason WHY is explained HERE

The purpose of this video is for you as a developer to see how players play your game, what are their expressions as well as some likes and dislikes.
Basically the personal feedback is something that is hard to get, so I am hoping to help you just a little bit with this video.

I hope this will help you with the development of the game, and I wish you all the best with Greenlight !

Keep up the good work! :)

Shut

Voted, good luck with the project and let us know about the progress on Greenlight.

Is the game complete already or are you still developing it? :)

2Bad Games

Hi there!

I have recorded a short "honest first impressions" feedback video for your game.

The reason WHY is explained HERE

The purpose of this video is for you as a developer to see how players play your game, what are their expressions as well as some likes and dislikes.
Basically the personal feedback is something that is hard to get, so I am hoping to help you just a little bit with this video.

I hope this will help you with the development of the game, and I wish you all the best with Greenlight !

Keep up the good work! :)

Hi MEITdev,

Thanks a lot for this amazing video !

Thanks you very much for all your advices and your encouragements.

We are going to work on the improvement you listed. (We are also working our english ^^)

Your work is very helpful for us.

Thanks again for your time to make this video. ;)

2Bad Games

Voted, good luck with the project and let us know about the progress on Greenlight.

Is the game complete already or are you still developing it? :)
Hi Shut,

Thank you very much for your vote and your support.

We are still developing it (75%).

We keep working ;)

2Bad Games

I can't help but read this as TURVIVE, either...
Hi RichHopelessComposer,

We wanted to call the game 2Survive but this name is already used by a movie.

We have changed the name in 2urvive, it's easy to spell and easy to write.

In the feedbacks people read it SURVIVE or TO SURVIVE ;)

Thanks for your feedback.

M

MEITdev

Congratulations !!! You deserved it! ^__^ Keep up the great work!

2Bad Games

2URVIVE NEWS #3

Hi everybody, what's up ?

2URVIVE goes well ! Feedbacks on our demo are very positive and helpful.

We finished 90% of the game but we still have work on the Mission mode and several bugs to correct.
the story mode is finally over.

we have new official website : www.2badgames.com

This is the cover of the game, do you like it ?

we need your support so please follow us on our Website and Facebook, IndieDB, Gamejolt pages and share the game to your friends

we keep working to finish the game, more informations soon ;)

2Bad Games

DEVLOG#2 - 03/2017

PROJECT :

The action takes place in a devasted world (as always ^^).
Inspired by classic zombie movies, the Infecteds are everywhere.
Kill Infecteds and survive are the only objectives.
All the game modes can be played in coop with a friend (or Bots if you don't have one!)
Be ready for funny hours of bloody top down shooter.
Grab your gun and HAVE FUN ;)

NEWS :

whats news ?
The Story mode is over ;) now we are working to finish the mission mode
and finish to design the maps.

DEVELOPMENT :

GREENLIGHT - 100%
GRAPHICS - 95%
STORY MODE - 100%
MISSION MODE - 95%
MULTIPLAYER - 80%
BUGS CORRECTION - 70%
OPTIMISATION -70%
STEAM INTEGRATION - 20%
XBOX INTEGRATION - 0%
PS4 INTEGRATION - 0%

NEW FEATURES :

- New graphics for the infecteds and survivors
- Now survivors use melee weapon
- All the texts of the game are finished

before and after graphics change.

Animation of melee weapon attack.

We keep working... Thanks for your support.
help us to progress... give us advice !

SUPPORT AND FOLLOW US:

WEBSITE, FACEBOOK, INDIEDB,
GAMEJOLT and GREENLIGHT page.

Stay tuned for more news. ;)

M

Matt Hawkins

Your game looks great but you made a spelling mistake in the "repair the car" mission
Oops sorry i didn't realize that some of your screenshots have french text :)

Last edited:

2Bad Games

upload_2017-7-2_14-57-54.png
Hi everybody,
Finally after more than 1 year of hard development
2URVIVE will be available on STEAM the 23rd August 2017
Follow us for more information and share to help us
So Happppy ^^

2Bad Games

DEVLOG#3 - 07/2017

GAME :

All game modes can be played in coop with a friend (or bots if you don't have one!)

NEWS :

The game is almost finished, it will be released the 23rd August on STEAM.
2BAD GAMES is on twitter follow @2badgames for more informations about the game.
We try to post a screenshot everyday, retweet our tweets ;)
The final demo version is now available for download on IndieDB and Gamejolt

DEVELOPMENT :

GRAPHICS - 100%
STORY MODE - 100%
MISSION MODE - 100%
MULTIPLAYER - 90%
BUGS CORRECTION - 80%
OPTIMISATION -90%
STEAM INTEGRATION - 60%

SCREENSHOTS :

TRAILER :

2Bad Games

DEVLOG FINAL - 08/2017

GAME :

All game modes can be played in coop with a friend (or bots if you don't have one!)

NEWS :

2URVIVE is finally GOLD, it will be released the 23rd August on STEAM.

For the launch week sale 2urvive is 30% off,
you can buy 2URVIVE for 4,90$ only ( regular price 6,99$ )

I also added 10 achievements for the steam version and a full local coop mode.

The steam page is already available don’t forget to add the game on your wishlist

I have already launched on twitter a competition to win 2 steam digital copies of 2urvive.
Do not hesitate to participate !

Remember, 2BAD GAMES is on twitter follow @2badgames
for more informations about the game and the competition.
We try to post a screenshot everyday ;)

Finally, do not hesitate to download the final demo version available on IndieDB.

DEVELOPMENT :

GRAPHICS - 100%
STORY MODE - 100%
MISSION MODE - 100%
MULTIPLAYER - 100%
BUGS CORRECTION - 100%
OPTIMISATION - 100%
STEAM INTEGRATION - 100%

I want to say a huge thank you to all the people who supported me,
all the youtubers who made videos on the game,
all the people who played to the demo and gave me precious feedbacks and advices,
all the twitter followers who retweeted infos and helped me to share my game.

I hope you’ll enjoy the game like I enjoyed to develop it !

Tony

SCREENSHOTS :