Windows 2D Platformer Side-Project

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Jordan Robinson, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Jordan Robinson

Jordan Robinson Member

Yet to be Named 2D Platformer

This is a small project I've been working on the side, with the intention to release the source on my GameMaker: Marketplace developer account.

I have spent about a day working on this so far, and it is only some of the basic gameplay elements in a "testing level". There is still a long way to go, but I thought I would create a thread here so that I have someplace to put updates and get some free testing :potato:. Please, let me know how you find the controls, the movement, the difficulty, and any bugs you might find.

Game Version: Very very very very early, but still fun :rolleyes:.
    Game Download (.exe from Dropbox): Here.

[​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TheUltimate

TheUltimate Guest

If it's free testing you want, it's free testing you'll get! :)

It's very basic, but it looked clean, ran smoothly and I didn't find any bugs. The movement was about what I expected. The difficulty was suited for something a couple levels into the game, but it was a test level so it wasn't a big deal. I liked the physics on the pixelated effects.

I don't know what you have planned next, but variable jumping, healthbars, and powerups would be cool to add. Another thing I recommend is a way to reset the game when you die. I had to close and reopen it completely to try again.

3. Jordan Robinson

Jordan Robinson Member

Thanks for having a look :)

As it is a fun little side project, I will probably just add things here and there. I like the idea of powerups, I may look at putting some in. Oh, forgot to add that if you die, you can press 'P' to restart the game.

Thanks again :)

TheUltimate likes this.