(2D Games)...That will blow your freakin' mind!

John Andrews

Living Enigma
MAN SHANTAE HALF GENIE HERO! *dies*

Edit: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero sure has incredible vector art and some other good stuff in the gameplay, no not really, but anyway, it's not really a "2D game" since it is obviously mostly rendered in 3D, but still those vector graphics are gorgeous

My take in this: Hyper Light Drifter (Made in GameMaker, bonus points!)

Yokcos

Hollow Knight not only looks and sounds gorgeous, but the gameplay is top-freakin-notch and the scope of the game is unexpectedly huge given that three people and a musician worked on it for three years.

JackTurbo

+1 for Hollow Knight, its simply a fantastic game and is visually stunning. The world is fascinating and charming. The gameplay is super tight and spot on. Probably the best £15 I've spent on a game!

Also:

Banner Saga - beautiful and possibly one of my favourite games of all time.

Season After Fall - another stunning game visually, this is a tight but simple puzzle platformer and is a great game to introduce non-gamers to video games.

Sundered - havent played this yet but backed it on kickstarter and am excited to play it once I'm online again

Last edited:

ElectroMan

Jack of All Shades
One of my favourite games is a 2D hack 'n slash for the Wii, called Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and it sports gorgeous, stylized visuals suited for Feudal Era Japan. It's unfortunate how sort of obscure the game is. Just a small sample:

K12gamer

One of my favourite games is a 2D hack 'n slash for the Wii, called Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and it sports gorgeous, stylized visuals suited for Feudal Era Japan. It's unfortunate how sort of obscure the game is. Just a small sample:

K12gamer

MAN SHANTAE HALF GENIE HERO! *dies*

Edit: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero sure has incredible vector art and some other good stuff in the gameplay, no not really, but anyway, it's not really a "2D game" since it is obviously mostly rendered in 3D, but still those vector graphics are gorgeous

My take in this: Hyper Light Drifter (Made in GameMaker, bonus points!)
Here's another good GAMEMAKER 2D game...

Momodora...

Video:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
I can't believe that nobody has posted CupHead in this thread...

It is one of the most visually amazing games I've seen. The animation is gorgeous and the way it mimics 50's style cartoons is stunning...

Last edited:
B

bochap

Ori and the blind forest

This game is just amazing! The story, the music, the art, everything is beatiful!

D

Deleted member 13992

One more for Hollow Knight
best game I've played in half a decade

I can't believe that nobody has posted CupHead in this thread...

It is one of the most visually amazing games I've seen. The animation is gorgeous and the way it mimics 50's style cartoons is stunning...
Eh. It does its gimmick very well, but I don't consider 30's cartoons amazing looking. Animation's come a long way since then.

But yeah, they completely nailed the look. It's just not a look I'm particularly impressed by. I dunno. I think the game looks interesting, and they've done a fantastic job selling the look, but I haven't been able to get excited about it.