1. Hey! Guest! The 34th GMC Jam will take place between August 22nd, 12:00 UTC (Thursday noon) and August 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Asset - Shaders 2D Block Lighting (free)

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Dragon47, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    ThunkGames likes this.
  2. ThunkGames

ThunkGames Guest

Wasn't a pure copy/paste job, but the stuff I learned looking over this code is worth more to me than anything I've ever actually paid for on the marketplace.

3. seanm

seanm Member

Hey, I love this asset, but I've got a question.
    I've only used the old version and now I can't seem to make things work the way they used to.

I feel like I used to be able to pretty easily adjust the alpha of the fog, and the size of the blur. Both of those things don't seem to be so easy to change any more.

Is there something obvious that I missed, or will this take some larger changes to accomplish?

4. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

It has been a long time since I've looked into this asset, but it might be possible to change the alpha by changing the "1" to a desired alpha in the bl_rectangle_draw script at the end of all lines starting with "shader_set_uniform_f(global.__bl_uniform_sh_bl_draw_color, ". As for the size of the blur, there are two lines starting with "shader_set_uniform_f(global.__bl_uniform_sh_bl_blur_x_size, " and "shader_set_uniform_f(global.__bl_uniform_sh_bl_blur_y_size, ", if you lower the values these functions set you can change the amount of blurring. E.g. change "shader_set_uniform_f(global.__bl_uniform_sh_bl_blur_x_size, 1 / sf_width);" into "shader_set_uniform_f(global.__bl_uniform_sh_bl_blur_x_size, 1 / sf_width * 0.5);"

5. Jeason1997

Jeason1997 Guest

Hi, I use your Block Lighting 2D for GMS2, but there some compile error:

Code:

Invalid shader
     at gml_Script_bl_rectangle_draw (line 60) -                     shader_set(sh_bl_blur_x);
    ############################################################################################
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    stack frame is
    gml_Script_bl_rectangle_draw (line 60)
    called from - gml_Object_obj_example_Draw_0 (line 23) -         bl_rectangle_draw(bl_rectangle, block_grid, 0, 0, blocks_horizontally, blocks_vertically, 0, 0, c_black);

6. Nocturne

Nocturne Friendly Tyrant Forum Staff Admin

Right click on the shader in the resource tree and make sure it is the correct type (probably GLSL ES is what you need).

7. zendraw

zendraw Member

clamp the mouse pos actions in the grid size, else it goes crazy in the compiler or ide or w/e its called.

8. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

Thank you for helping out. As already pointed out, make sure all shaders are set to GLSL ES, and you might also want to clamp the grid actions although it's not directly related to the error you posted.

9. MasterGrey

MasterGrey Guest

This is not bad you sir require a cookie but i am curious do they have to use the example script or can they just create their own lighting system using your code.

10. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

Thank you. You don't have to use the example code.

11. MasterGrey

MasterGrey Guest

So then mate how would i use this in my lighting script because i have some simple codes i just need to know the functions of your lighting engine.
    So if you have some sort of documentation.

12. Dragon47

Dragon47 Member

The scripts and example are commented. I recommend reading through these comments and the example code and try to understand how the asset works.

13. Limekys

Limekys Member

Please, make it for GMS 2. I was make it, but have some problem with draw block, it's still drawing when i delete blocks. (sorry for my english)