Portfolio - Art 2D Artist, Pixel Artist, Music Composer - Available for Hire

U

Ungrateful Dead

Hello everyone! My name's Nick Farren, and I recently graduated Summa πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’© Laude with a BA in Interactive Media Design. In case you're wondering what Summa πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’© Laude means, its latin for "Extremely Good Nice (citation needed)" Now that I'm out of school I really want to sink my teeth into graphic design, so here I am offering my services.​

I'm an exceptionally skilled pixel artist with an eye for detail and skill in traditional animation. I'm proficient in character design, environmental art, animation and UI Design.

I also sometimes make "sick beats" as the kids say, and can create music for a variety of genres including atmospheric and electronic.

Below are just a few samples of my work:

SAMPLES

Pixel Art

ANIMATION SAMPLES

FAN ART
Full disclaimer, Mercy and Soldier 76 as depicted below are owned by Blizzard Entertainment. This art is a demonstration of technical skill and is in no way attempting to claim ownership of the characters

FAQ:

Q: What are your art rates like?
A: This depends on the medium or complexity of the work, but my hourly rate is about $10-$15. You'll receive periodic updates throughout the composition process for transparency sake.

If you would prefer a flat rate instead of an hourly, please message me with the specifics of what you're looking to commission, including for size / frame count.

My pricing is flexible, so if you're interested but think my standard fee is out of your price range, feel free to reach out to me anyway.

Q: Alright what about your music?
A: I don't charge hourly for this. $20 for a minute of music.

Q: How do you accept payment?
A: At the moment I only accept payment via Paypal. You'll be given a link to my paypal upon reaching out to me for commission work.

Q: How/When do I pay?
A: For art, payment will be due after the completion of a piece. Art will have a watermark feature on it until payment has been recieved, at which point a "clean" version will be sent out.

Since the only way to really watermark music is to put a voice clip over it, and I think that's actually super dumb, payment for music will be done in intervals: half upfront, half on completion.

Q: What's your policy on revisions?
A: This goes on a case by case basis. As a colorblind artist, for example, I would never dream of charging for revising a color palette. Changes to form, design, or animation may also be done free of charge.

However, seeing as you'll be receiving periodic updates on the progress of your commission, if you were to say, wait until the work is done and then ask for something completely different, I would have to charge for that yes.

Basically as long as the revision you are requesting is sensible, you don't really have to worry about this.

Interested? Send me a PM or an Email at the following address.
Email: [email protected]

If you want to see more samples of my work visit my website.
Portfolio: njfarren.com​

Last edited by a moderator:

John Andrews

Living Enigma
Interesting, I'll watch this thread and see when I need a pixel artist, but for very small sprites (about 16x16) the only problem is that I can't really pay you in any way but credit :( But I'm still interested